We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any thoughts or predicitons?

Any thoughts or predictions on non vip Free Peoples entering the moors for some blue tokens or whatever their called at level 20("scaled" to cap)?

---Possibly in next major update.---
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

Well, first off, I'm guessing that with the boost to Creep base stats will cause most of the current Freeps to either stop PvPing or hug GV even more. As for non VIP's being able to enter Moors, I am sure there will be a large surplus of greeny Freeps out. These Freeps will be farmed hard not only because of their, most likely, inexperience in LOTRO PvP but because there is no real organization out there on Freep side. Occasionally you get a group that actually focuses fire and does everything a group "should" do out there but most the time when Freeps have been grouping up it's chaotic. No focus fire, trash healing and support, no coordination, and most importantly no leadership. I am hoping some of the soon to be new Freeps aren't spastics and are willing to learn LOTRO PvP the hard way, the same way all the old school PvPers here did. Through attrition. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Swordsman View Post
    Well, first off, I'm guessing that with the boost to Creep base stats will cause most of the current Freeps to either stop PvPing or hug GV even more. As for non VIP's being able to enter Moors, I am sure there will be a large surplus of greeny Freeps out. These Freeps will be farmed hard not only because of their, most likely, inexperience in LOTRO PvP but because there is no real organization out there on Freep side. Occasionally you get a group that actually focuses fire and does everything a group "should" do out there but most the time when Freeps have been grouping up it's chaotic. No focus fire, trash healing and support, no coordination, and most importantly no leadership. I am hoping some of the soon to be new Freeps aren't spastics and are willing to learn LOTRO PvP the hard way, the same way all the old school PvPers here did. Through attrition. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
    10/10
    +1 star

It could end up with a lot of new freeps with no idea
    what they are supposed to be doing,though it is possible
    that a good number of them won't stay as well.

Agleaka has a wise assumption on what might happen at first, however, looking at the potential long term effects of this change, I'd say that it is a step in the right direction and positive news for the PvP community.

The fact that the option to PvP on Freep will be offered at a much lower level and to all players means that more of them could potentially get involved in PvP and increase the PvP community's population. Which could then lead to more PvP focused content in the future.

I'd suggest just making PvP free to play all together... I mean its not like PvMP offers any premium qualities or features worth being restricted in the first place. It is pretty ridiculous, in my opinion, how restricted LOTRO content can be compared to other MMOs, not only that but with content that is not even on par with those MMOs. Maybe its a financial issue? I don't really know, but who is to say that opening new doors wont increase the game's financial status as a result. I mean, if the content was worth it and updated more often then perhaps more people would be motivated to actually spend their money on it.

Scaling down in PvP restrictions is definitely a good thing. If more people really did became interested and gave Turbine incentive to update PvP a bit more often, it could open up new possibilities. As a level 20, perhaps earning some sort of currency you could then barter for PvE rewards such as weapons, skills, armor, even levels, stuff that could make PvP feel a bit more rewarding and at the same time give people a reason to try it out in the first place and later give them a reason to come back and feed my Warg some more, I mean to... PvP more...

:O

P.S.
    This "wacky entertainment" of excuse for PvP is still pretty enjoyable at times, so it is always a good thing when something positive is at least being discussed in order to improve it.

Less Than Three~ Thunderboltz
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Mar 17 2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Added the word "Stuff"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

Well it will be nice for players to sort of hit the moors early i think (particularly because there is no challenge or anything to really learn from the easymode pve that we have).

While the first beta of this update is a mess for the idea... (the noobs that come out will get farmed like hardcore they need to make them not THAT easy to kill or EVERY warg will get 50k+ infamy days).

But more bodies in there the merrier i guess. The first beta yea it really is a lot, but luckily it is a work in progress. HOPEFULLY they see the downsides to allowing it and maybe give them you know a LITTLE bit of a chance and not just fall in 2 hits ...because why would you bother than if you really have NO CHANCE.

Again hopefully turbine notices this little kink
    [URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/Moo2dabum/media/noqqsig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/Moo2dabum/noqqsig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Dwarrowdelf: R12 Warden Jak\ R8 Minstrell Amoxx\ R10 Runekeeper Smellslike\ R9 reaver Martiall\ R10 Defiler Tussin-1
    Crickhollow: R12 Defiler Tussinn\ R10 Reaver Martiall\ R10 Warg Superiorskill

maybe level 20 freepside will be the new creepside?

Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    Npt much diff. From whats happening now.

Besides, it means more freeps=more people on at peak hours=more zergs. And we all know when one side starts gathering superior numbers, everyones zerg senses start tingling.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Swordsman View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious.
    I feel like this will let non vip free peoples into the moors.
    Any thoughts on my theory?
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv