We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    From the comments in this thread I can only conclude that the new class is based on Glorfindel the Hairdresser. (Stylist?)

This would be funny except it's too close to the truth, the way you guys have ruined the game a stylist would be as useful as any other class, I mean it's not like any particular class is needed for the travesty that you call Big Battles and you have already abandoned all of us that wish to Raid or PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    They'd be required to group with 'taters to fit the lore. :P
    1 brace o' coneys looking for taters and carrot to form a stew...taking on the stomach of Gamgee...Please send tell!

I'm still thinking it might possibly be a Winged Neon Were Panda, with the following three specializations:
    1) Freestyle WWF wrestling (tanking)
    2) Flatulence (AoE, CC)
    3) Pew pew eyes (ST DPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Datheor View Post
    1 brace o' coneys looking for taters and carrot to form a stew...taking on the stomach of Gamgee...Please send tell!
    Must resist...must resist....oh, heck: What's taters, Precioussss?

Looking forward to the new class...maybe not so much if it was a shapeshifter of some description...doesnt appeal to me
    Just aslong as its playable by hobbits and gets up Rads nose...ill be happy
    Inside every old person is a young person wondering what just happened

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    It's a shame it's a class and not a race. If it were a race we could go with:

Killer Potatoes
    A Brace of Coneys
    Perhaps Murdering Mushrooms
    Manic Meat Pies

Tell me it wouldn't be the coolest thing ever to see little potatoes hopping around Middle Earth like Mexican Jumping Beans?
    When evil tomaturs disguise themselves as veggies and threaten Middle-Earth a misfit band of heroes will rise...
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    From the comments in this thread I can only conclude that the new class is based on Glorfindel the Hairdresser. (Stylist?)

This would be funny except it's too close to the truth, the way you guys have ruined the game a stylist would be as useful as any other class, I mean it's not like any particular class is needed for the travesty that you call Big Battles and you have already abandoned all of us that wish to Raid or PvP.
    I kinda get what you are saying, in the sense that they might as WELL come out with a stylist for all the need we have for a new class. But remember, the introduction of a new class is NOT to provide additional utility for the players. All play styles and game mechanics are well represented in the current classes (within the confines of the lore).

What it DOES do is renew interest in the game, drive participation and store sales. And those are certainly reasonable goals for the developers of an MMO. Lets just not fool ourselves into pretending its necessary or even greatly desired.

Once upon a time in the suggestions forum I suggested an 'Adventurer', jack-of-all-trades class who could choose skills from a pool of the skills that all the other classes have, with restrictions so that the combinations made sense of course.

When they announced a surprise they mentioned it had been made possible by the new skill tree system, so that makes me think even more that it is some kind of jack of all trades. It also gives them the chance to re-use plenty of skills, reducing development time required.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex53 View Post
    Once upon a time in the suggestions forum I suggested an 'Adventurer', jack-of-all-trades class who could choose skills from a pool of the skills that all the other classes have, with restrictions so that the combinations made sense of course.

When they announced a surprise they mentioned it had been made possible by the new skill tree system, so that makes me think even more that it is some kind of jack of all trades. It also gives them the chance to re-use plenty of skills, reducing development time required.
    In my opinion, based on what I read here on the forums a lot, a jack-of-all-trades is the last thing that most players want. Captain was as close to that as they came. I feel relatively confident that most people will want this new class, whatever it is, to be unique. Not godmode, not all-in-one, but unique. A class that fits in with all the others, complimenting them by providing something different.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Please, please, please......if there is a new class I need at least one more character slot to go with it! (preferably two at least) I really do not want to delete an existing character, but obviously will want to try out the new one !!!!!

Haven´t read the whole thread but my guess would be a "beastmaster", based on Radagast

Quote Originally Posted by Don_eu View Post
    Haven´t read the whole thread but my guess would be a "beastmaster", based on Radagast
    sounds like a LM to me

I'd love to see a Beorning-style shapeshifter, that would really freshen things up. Or a class that can only be played by dwarves and hobbits, as I hardly ever see dwarf or hobbits being played anymore.
    Iolanthea and Theodoret live at 1 Fountain Street, Havenhold, Breeland, Snowbourn.
    Diodore, Goldfinch and Milburra live at 3 Wending Way, Alebrook, The Shire.
    "You fall and cleave your skull. You have mastered 39% of this adventure".....oh

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    Must resist...must resist....oh, heck: What's taters, Precioussss?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...wa2xo1_500.jpg

I was hoping somebody would answer like this!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...wa2xo1_500.jpg

Well played!

FTFY /10char
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

And that is why I love this community...sometimes we can go full moron and have fun with it!

And to clarify, Southern Belle, your response was quite epic. I did not mean to imply it was anything otherwise!

And that is why I love this community...sometimes we can go full moron and have fun with it!

And to clarify, Southern Belle, your response was quite epic. I did not mean to imply it was anything otherwise!
    I clicked your link and LOL'd for real. I was expecting someone to simply spell out Samwise's response.

Why does everyone automatically assume its a new freep class?

Why could it not be a new creep class?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post

Because it was stated by Rowan and Sapience in the live streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post

In one of the Hobbit to Isengard runs, Rowan confirmed that it was a freep class.

From this post ...

New class – Freep or creep
    Rowan – He has to keep some mysteries. It’s freep, but he’ll leave it at that.

Thumbs up Yay! I hope it's Beornings!

Personally, I like the idea of a Beorning race/class! I did some googling, and found this page written back in 2010, talking about what Beornings might be like, if they were introduced as a new race/class. Just ignore the typos. ;-)

Link:
    http://thatlotroshow.blogspot.com/20...-in-lotro.html

Quote from the post on:
    Beorn is first introduced in The Hobbit when Gandalf , Bilbo and the Dwarves arrive at his house on they're way to the Lonely Mountain. Beorn himself plays a pivotal part in the War of Five armies at the end of the Hobbit, while his son Grimbeorn plays a role in the Lord of the Rings, by him and his folk fighting against Sauron's northern army.

Oooh! And then there is this post in the forums too, also from 2010:
    https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...Class-Beorning
    Last edited by mqb; Mar 28 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    [LEFT][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v5SYjps_xD4/UgLOIJtQ0KI/AAAAAAAAVKc/hZxOQMDkoP4/s800/sig-lotro3.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]

Yesterday I watched a video of ent session play & rowan mentioned we will find out the class in the next producer's letter which is coming next month. We will also know more about 2014/2015 so it should be a interesting producer's letter.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Yesterday I watched a video of ent session play & rowan mentioned we will find out the class in the next producer's letter which is coming next month. We will also know more about 2014/2015 so it should be a interesting producer's letter.
    /cheer!

Now I simply can't wait for that letter! But, oh Rowan, how you love to tease us! When in April?! Start? Middle (with U13)? End? Oh please not the end. But oh please, NOT April 1st. That would be oh so cruel! :P We'd be left in question of whether you were fooling with us or not!

*timewarp* BTW, do you have a link to that vid? I'd love to see it. ^_^
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Mar 28 2014 at 11:26 AM.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast