We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

New class confirmed!

So in lotro's twitch-stream, Executive Producer Aaron Campbell confirmed there will be a new class, hooray!
    Discuss.

Edit: and it will be a freep class

I knew the secret surprise was gonna be a new class.

What was interesting was everytime someone asked if the surprise was a new class, Turbine would never say no it's not that. That to me was a clue.

Anyway I am thrilled & cannot wait to try this new class out.

Did they say what and when?

Yeah I am also super excited! If it was like a hunter-champion mix, like a ranger of some sort, it would be cool. Hunter imo is not very good at melee and champion is very poor with a bow. I think there could be interest for a melee/ranged class which could do both.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    All we know is it is a freep class. I believe Aaron said we would get this later this year. I could be wrong on that part though.

Aaron also said he did his research for this class & it will be lore appropriate.

And yet the minstrel is still ignored and broken. How special. Sorry, not generating any enthusiasm.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post

All that was said was
    He did state that he had a conversation with Tolkien Enterprises and it’s within the lore of the trilogy.
    And

It was mentiond in the books several times...
    “Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula

Although I can't say which class it's going to be, I'm pretty sure it'll be a elf and man race class
    .]

It's great news. I was confident we were getting a new class, but it's great to get confirmation. Now I want more details

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

How much is it gonna cost? Any guesses?

Not starting something, just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosancjeros View Post
    Although I can't say which class it's going to be, I'm pretty sure it'll be a elf and man race class
    Noooooo I want another class for the hobbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    It's great news. I was confident we were getting a new class, but it's great to get confirmation. Now I want more details

-Bel
    Indeed. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to hear any of the other exciting things they have coming up.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arithik View Post
    How much is it gonna cost? Any guesses?

Not starting something, just wondering?
    We don't know anything more then what has been posted in this thread already.

Well, how much was Warden when it first came out?

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    All we know is it is a freep class. I believe Aaron said we would get this later this year. I could be wrong on that part though.
    Yeah they didn't want to give away too much at this point, though I would have loved to hear if the upcoming class can be played with all four races or less. That could tell us something and I keep my hopes up that dwarfs will be able to choose it.

Mentioned in the books several times... Hmm. Can't think of anything in the books that a) doesn't fit in our categories and b) would be 'lore appropriate'. So no, no wizard class that 1 shots stuff
    retired warden mouse clicker turtlemoss, countless storebought creeps

Quote Originally Posted by Turtly View Post
    Mentioned in the books several times... Hmm. Can't think of anything in the books that a) doesn't fit in our categories and b) would be 'lore appropriate'. So no, no wizard class that 1 shots stuff
    Druadan? Not really a class but a race. If that were so, I'd guess a mage-ish tank, with no idea what I'm really envisioning here; I'll have to play TESO this weekend to see if I can get a better grasp of that vision.

Doesn't excite me though, I already have alts that I don't have time for.

Anyone know at which minute they started talking about the new class in the stream?
    retired warden mouse clicker turtlemoss, countless storebought creeps

"Aaron also said he did his research for this class & it will be lore appropriate "

Aren't we past that criteria by now! Some where in middle earth my RK is smiling.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Turtly View Post
    Anyone know at which minute they started talking about the new class in the stream?

Will have to watch the replay to get the time.. but it was towards the end
    “Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula

I'm not to excited about new class But I'm really interested how Turbine will implement it, and I really, really hope it won't take to much resources as class revamp did, I'm also wondering how this new class is going to fit in Tolkien's world, for now the only things that comes to mind is Beorning... Anyway I'm happy to hear that something important is going on and I hope developers will put some work in there and don't do it just for suprise's and attention's sake What do you guys think?

Can you give us link where it's stated?

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
    "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Well in a way I AM surprised.... I would've bet money on being able to switch out class trait trees and select 3 trees from say 5 or 6, to allow current classes to become much more unique.

A new class is interesting, but I'm certainly sitting on the fence. Aren't most of the roles covered already with the current classes? Overlapping quite nicely in fact. What will this new class bring to the table, and will it be best for landscape soloing, or will it be useful in groups? I don't expect answers to those questions but all sorts of stuff like that springs to my mind! For me personally I have no interest in a new class to play through landscape content, I already have two level 95 toons to enjoy the story LOTRO has to offer. The ONLY way I would consider taking on a new class would be if it offered unique mechanics to group instances and raids....

....and we aren't sure if we'll be getting any of those for a year.

I hope Turbine have considered that for a new class to be truly enjoyable it needs to sit well with current classes and be able to contribute in group content. How many of us would as an example roll a level 1 Warden when tanking isn't a big thing right now?

To end positively I do think this is a brave thing to do and quite a BIG move, lets have some more of that please! BIG ideas, new stuff, get this game pumped again!
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Was there any mention of increasing the character slot limit along with this new class? I don't want to have to play on a different server to try it out.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 115 WDN :.: Daire, 86 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 101 CHN :.: Brandon, 75 CPT :.: Honey, 73 GRD :.: Griffon, 72 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 106 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 61 WDN :.: Baye, 63 WDN :.: Samtal, 65 WDN :.:Dunnock, 58 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 70 LMR :.: Breyon, 45 CHN :.: Totes, 115 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    Will have to watch the replay to get the time.. but it was towards the end
    Let me save you some time. He doesn't make it. I think the score was +Raina: 9, +Sapience 0.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Here's the time for when it was said

01:02:50 here he said what the surprise was
    01:14:10 and here he said that he was confident that "the class we're looking at is well within the lore of the trilogy"
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast