We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OP Cappy and Guard

So today on my warg, there was a nice fight at Lugz, well nice for Tasmania and Ethiral. It took 15+ creeps to take them on yet we didnt damage them at all. We decided to stop after 5 minutes of fighting. We just kinda wondered how that is so cool/fun for them. Can anyone tell me?

In the same manner, how is killing 2 freeps with 15+ creeps fun for you?
    Sunnydski - Rank 11 Captain - Crickhollow (Formerly Meneldor)
    QQunnydski - Reaver - Crickhollow
    Sunnysprint - Rank 7 Warg - Brandywine

They weren't killing any of us, they were just running around. It wasn't fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    They weren't killing any of us, they were just running around. It wasn't fun at all.
    Well its kinda funny actually, well i lied its really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for the next person to flip and say they have a video of this well played captain and theyre not dying they must be ..............
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

The funny thing Elmo, is that there is. Sawbonez videoed it. Its in the IB page and its really sad, they were causing lag out the wazoo and nobody could move.

The funny thing Elmo, is that there is. Sawbonez videoed it. Its in the IB page and its really sad, they were causing lag out the wazoo and nobody could move.
    But even funnier then that is, theyre only playing the class turbine gave to them.

Are captains a Joke OP? 100 percent, should they get the nerf hammer? OH yeah big time..............

But theyre taking advantage of the skills put in front of them and putting together the perfect group, they can be killed its all about getting the right mix and im not say this should happen because it shouldnt but until turbine fixes it , it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    But even funnier then that is, theyre only playing the class turbine gave to them.

Are captains a Joke OP? 100 percent, should they get the nerf hammer? OH yeah big time..............

But theyre taking advantage of the skills put in front of them and putting together the perfect group, they can be killed its all about getting the right mix and im not say this should happen because it shouldnt but until turbine fixes it , it is what it is.
    Yes I agree with you, but it almost seemed like an exploit. Can any other cappy and guard do that?

Yes I agree with you, but it almost seemed like an exploit. Can any other cappy and guard do that?
    Ive seen it on many servers, it the make up of Guardian and Captain its timing on skills,creeps doing the wrong thing to them etc...

Its just poorly done what they did for captains going from hey theyre ok lets give them some love to OMG i said love not making them Superman who doesnt die.

Hmmmm maybe thats the answer we need to get some green kryptonite , maybe its in the store.

Hmmmm maybe thats the answer we need to get some green kryptonite , maybe its in the store.
    hahaha yes I do agree, maybe for like 500 TP?

Captain and Guardian combo is almost unkillable. Ethiral is quite good at the class and so is Tas. Ive played captain for a long time and i've never seen Captain this OP. Ive gone 15v1 with creeps and slowly back my way to a keep hundreds of meters away and lived. If a Captain is grouped with another class that is hard to kill (Guard), good luck. It's not an exploit, its how the class has been built by Turbine. Is it ridiculous, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY_D View Post
    Captain and Guardian combo is almost unkillable. Ethiral is quite good at the class and so is Tas. Ive played captain for a long time and i've never seen Captain this OP. Ive gone 15v1 with creeps and slowly back my way to a keep hundreds of meters away and lived. If a Captain is grouped with another class that is hard to kill (Guard), good luck. It's not an exploit, its how the class has been built by Turbine. Is it ridiculous, absolutely.
    Its one thing about how the class is built, but it was an Arcanum, IB and Spit raids, and nobody could kill them. I dont think Ive seen any other cappy do that. Can you do that? And you sad back up to the keep, they were running around in front of Lugz, not even going back to it.

Ethiral is quite good at the class and so is Tas. .

I miss your unique sense of humor.

-Hurth.
    Barst
    Skill and Valour
    Landroval

It can be done and the fact that wargs come here to gripe about OP classes is hilarious to me with all the macroing I see going on. lol

I know it can be done though easily cause Ethiral is better than I am and I've done the same with Merenor. I've also done this with Shadow on her wonderful lore master. Like sunny D said this is the most OP i've seen my class ever. Also keep in mind just because we have a build where we can take damage from 15 creeps doesn't mean we have a lick of dps to take out 1 of said creeps.

Honestly I think Turbine knows exactly what they are doing. Think about it, no release of new content. They gave freeps more survival at that point because god knows we're going to triple the amount of creeps on due to everyone switching to F2P for the most part. So I'm sure they just anticipated major population issues so they made said classes OP. Now if I can only stay OP and get all my mits back. wuhahahaha
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000209500/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Tier 7 (35 Ranks): Exemplar (When the Captain or Shield-brother are hit, both have a chance to be healed. Critical Hits against the Captain or Shield-brother reduce the active cooldown of Strength in Numbers by 1s and Shield of the Dúnedain by 2s)

Remove this or nerf it big time

Thrill of Danger - This skill has now a 1m cd (was 5m) and has its threat component removed.
    Bring on The Pain - This trait has 5 Ranks and each rank increases the percentage of max morale restored (each time the GRD is hit) for 10s on use of Thrill of Danger. The percentage of max morale restored can increase up to 2.5%. To rank up this trait it is required that you have the Thrill of Danger trait ranked up.

Just increase the cd of that skill, its something creeps have to watch for, like spider reflect (Toxic carpas).

This has been a bane in the creeps backside for weeks. When there is a cap and guard combo using the shields, guardian has to be stunned which removes his shield on cap, also guardian has to be ranged only, any melee will heal him. Biggest thing I have on the cap is how is Etherial, all by herself able to back up with 15 creeps on her all the way from jumping off a cliff to the one shotters without taking any damage the whole time. No one else was near her! Long way for her to go and not be taking any damage at all. Seems like she is the only one able to do this as other guard/cap combos have been beaten before even tho it takes a bit to do it.

If this is how Lotro expects creeps to play in this game, just put npc's in the ettenmoors and let the freeps have at it. Getting real tired of not being able to do anything in there without feeding the freeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Muramez View Post
    This has been a bane in the creeps backside for weeks. When there is a cap and guard combo using the shields, guardian has to be stunned which removes his shield on cap, also guardian has to be ranged only, any melee will heal him. Biggest thing I have on the cap is how is Etherial, all by herself able to back up with 15 creeps on her all the way from jumping off a cliff to the one shotters without taking any damage the whole time. No one else was near her! Long way for her to go and not be taking any damage at all. Seems like she is the only one able to do this as other guard/cap combos have been beaten before even tho it takes a bit to do it.

If this is how Lotro expects creeps to play in this game, just put npc's in the ettenmoors and let the freeps have at it. Getting real tired of not being able to do anything in there without feeding the freeps.
    While i believe this does need some work and nerfing it kinda reminds me how some wargs who know how to play their class can basically kill a freep coming out of the rez without the freep coming out of the knock down before theyre dead.

While i believe this does need some work and nerfing it kinda reminds me how some wargs who know how to play their class can basically kill a freep coming out of the rez without the freep coming out of the knock down before theyre dead.
    Agreed, but as you said it would take "multiple" wargs to take down one freep like that. Pretty bad when a certain captain can walk across the map with a whole raid on her and barely take any damage the whole way.. Something's not right with that. If she is the ONLY captain that can have a whole raid and not die, what are the other captains doing wrong? We've hadn't had problems with any of the others except for her

Quote Originally Posted by Surinia View Post
    Agreed, but as you said it would take "multiple" wargs to take down one freep like that. Pretty bad when a certain captain can walk across the map with a whole raid on her and barely take any damage the whole way.. Something's not right with that. If she is the ONLY captain that can have a whole raid and not die, what are the other captains doing wrong? We've hadn't had problems with any of the others except for her
    ive seen others do it on this server and it happens all the time on others.

her set up is perfect and how she goes about it.

Yes, Exemplar is very OP. Thats the issue. When you have 15 creeps hitting one player, Exemplar is now 15 times more likely to heal them, as well as reset their cooldowns. So in essence, by trying to zerg them, you are making them more powerful.

I lost to a rank 8 reaver in a 1v1 in yellow (as did Ethiral to the same reaver), it's possible, but you have to use more tactics than zerging. Some creeps have figured it out and kill us all the time, others haven't.

Yes, Exemplar is very OP. Thats the issue. When you have 15 creeps hitting one player, Exemplar is now 15 times more likely to heal them, as well as reset their cooldowns. So in essence, by trying to zerg them, you are making them more powerful.

I lost to a rank 8 reaver in a 1v1 in yellow (as did Ethiral to the same reaver), it's possible, but you have to use more tactics than zerging. Some creeps have figured it out and kill us all the time, others haven't.

I haven't found one other captain we couldn't take down even with a zerg, Ethrial is the only one.. just kinda fishy imo

Quote Originally Posted by Surinia View Post
    I haven't found one other captain we couldn't take down even with a zerg, Ethrial is the only one.. just kinda fishy imo
    The exact thing we are thinking in IB.

Why dont you guys google all the captain videos who have done it, with the exception of Sunny/Eth i dont know the other captains so i cant comment on them but these 2 know how to max their skills.

Plus sadly enough we dont have very good creep players on this server who dont realize when and when not to attack a captain.

Its the skills people that turbine gave them stop complaining and accusing people of something when you have zero proof, i guess i can start doing the same thing about how certain defilers dont die and others do

Mmmmhm oh snap

P.S. want a fish go to the fish market instead of fishing here for trouble

Why dont you guys google all the captain videos who have done it, with the exception of Sunny/Eth i dont know the other captains so i cant comment on them but these 2 know how to max their skills.

Plus sadly enough we dont have very good creep players on this server who dont realize when and when not to attack a captain.

Its the skills people that turbine gave them stop complaining and accusing people of something when you have zero proof, i guess i can start doing the same thing about how certain defilers dont die and others do

Mmmmhm oh snap

P.S. want a fish go to the fish market instead of fishing here for trouble
    I am not accusing anyone of anything, I'm simply stating that we in IB know of only one other cappy that can do this. Sorry if this offends you

I am not accusing anyone of anything, I'm simply stating that we in IB know of only one other cappy that can do this. Sorry if this offends you
    Not offended at all, sorry the other captains suck and dont know how to manage this.

perhaps wargs need to learn how to use silence instead of just pouncing everything all the time. If they'd learn to use some of their cc skills they might have better results, especially if they're in a group. Same for spiders who don't know how to use cc in groups. From what I've seen it seems like some of the groups just try to out dps everything without understanding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast