We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    It will be simply impossible to play during prime time.
    I do exceptionally well on brandylag by avoiding the zerg by small grouping or going, *gasp*, solo.
    Perish the thought of not hiding in 40+ other players in the hopes of a tag or two.

Maybe you could try a smaller server with lighter action? Perhaps upgrade your computer? turn down the graphical settings?
    There's solutions. Not always the ones you want, not always the ones that make you happy. But there's solutions.

That aside i'm VERY excited for this. I don't mind being food on my low lvl freeps.
    I hope we get a little XP for Creep kills too. Pvp your way to 95? Sign me up!

Also, after thought, If the newbie freeps come out with a set amount of audacity, then why are creeps at 1? Perhaps a set of lvl 20 Aud gear, that gets autolvled ofc, to provide that first bit of audacity? Upgradeable later ofc.

Maybe spiders can feel like there not worthless after all!

I'm thinking 30 something coup de grace bleeds from freeps to lazy to level and gear a burg proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Also, after thought, If the newbie freeps come out with a set amount of audacity, then why are creeps at 1? Perhaps a set of lvl 20 Aud gear, that gets autolvled ofc, to provide that first bit of audacity? Upgradeable later ofc.
    How about just getting rid of this idiotic implementation of audacity altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    How about just getting rid of this idiotic implementation of audacity altogether?
    I'm down with that, so long as the stat bonuses from it are relocated elsewhere. I'd rather not be greybarred by Burglars again, kthnx.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post

I'm down with that, so long as the stat bonuses from it are relocated elsewhere. I'd rather not be greybarred by Burglars again, kthnx.
    Exactly, the -CC durations and -inc damage values could be made passive upon entering the Moors (or just plain passive for creeps), and the reduced power cost is totally unnecessary (coming from a player who plays 3 of the most power challenged classes in there).

The deck is already stacked against new players, the audacity system just kicks them when they're already down.

I know on my server, it's going to be a GV/fire escape farm when this goes live. There are creeps talking about this already and are trying to commute all the numbers to see how long it will take them to rank up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    I do exceptionally well on brandylag by avoiding the zerg by small grouping or going, *gasp*, solo.
    Perish the thought of not hiding in 40+ other players in the hopes of a tag or two.

Maybe you could try a smaller server with lighter action? Perhaps upgrade your computer? turn down the graphical settings?
    There's solutions. Not always the ones you want, not always the ones that make you happy. But there's solutions.

That aside i'm VERY excited for this. I don't mind being food on my low lvl freeps.
    I hope we get a little XP for Creep kills too. Pvp your way to 95? Sign me up!

LOL

1st of all - i do lead raids in this time.
    2nd - i do small grps when it is equal amount of freeps out. If it is grams camp - i dont wanna run with grp looking for solos. I form a raid and beat them.
    3 - this lag is not my PC issue. Its neither your PC issue. ITS TURBINE HARDWARE AND BANDWITH. They just gotta invest into it and upgrade it. Plus there were thousands of advices for turbine - how lag can be reduced by changing some game mechanics. So only fault for lag - is turbine's one.
    4th - i dont wanna play at server, where all u can find is 5 freeps in 5 hours. Been there done that. I like movement, i like action. Thats it

there is gonna be pvp gear for freeps at every 10 levels starting at level 20.

Here are some possible unintended consequences (good or bad, depending on your view) that could happen with this:

1. Easier kills: lot of people might pay little money upfront, in good numbers to form ganking warband of wargs. (A low-level, curious freep vs. warg pack)

2. New PVE option for freeps: Keep your chars in one place and gain renown and earn comms for higher-level alts or monster chars who would use them

3. High-tier craft gathering: I wouldn't be surprised to see a brave/foolhardy group of low level high crafters being able to harvest high tier ores, wood, and text for the first time

4. Speed leveling: Since moors quest items (oil, food, ale, lashes, patches, etc...) aren't bound and can be sold on AH, this could create a task-board like market. High levels gather the task items, sell them to low levels.

5. Chance to develop non-high level alts: Personally, my mine is a lvl 95 hunter. If I could go back in time, I would have gone with another class like cappy, mini, or ward. This could give people like me who've played the game for a really long time a chance to develop classes we know how to play, just not that well in PVP. While there will be low-level characters, I suspect that a lot of those low-level characters will come from people who've played the game for a while.

P.S. PVP in many games is a balancing act, trying to keep things in equilibrium that never are. Nothings ever perfect. Not that it can't be improved, but Update 13 could pan out to have a lot of consequences that people might not anticipate, but might need to be addressed in another update.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes170 View Post
    Here are some possible unintended consequences (good or bad, depending on your view) that could happen with this:

1. Easier kills: lot of people might pay little money upfront, in good numbers to form ganking warband of wargs. (A low-level, curious freep vs. warg pack)

2. New PVE option for freeps: Keep your chars in one place and gain renown and earn comms for higher-level alts or monster chars who would use them

3. High-tier craft gathering: I wouldn't be surprised to see a brave/foolhardy group of low level high crafters being able to harvest high tier ores, wood, and text for the first time

4. Speed leveling: Since moors quest items (oil, food, ale, lashes, patches, etc...) aren't bound and can be sold on AH, this could create a task-board like market. High levels gather the task items, sell them to low levels.

5. Chance to develop non-high level alts: Personally, my mine is a lvl 95 hunter. If I could go back in time, I would have gone with another class like cappy, mini, or ward. This could give people like me who've played the game for a really long time a chance to develop classes we know how to play, just not that well in PVP. While there will be low-level characters, I suspect that a lot of those low-level characters will come from people who've played the game for a while.

P.S. PVP in many games is a balancing act, trying to keep things in equilibrium that never are. Nothings ever perfect. Not that it can't be improved, but Update 13 could pan out to have a lot of consequences that people might not anticipate, but might need to be addressed in another update.

I think your point 3 could be expanded, if there are low levels in the moors there could be set areas say near Creep Rez points that pop up.. the Areas could have 10-20 nodes of all different type of crafting materials and tier Levels from say tier 5. This would give the moors something different where creeps could find freeps and become new fighting points. Obviously not near mapping points
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000da749/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I guess one thing which we'll find out is how the quest-items will turn out in the future. On one hand, they could be treated like task items in that people can trade them and turn them in for XP (you also used to be able to sell Ettenmoors barterables on the AH). However, I'm not sure how well people would like the idea of being able to turn in items someone else picked up and get a small amount of renown or comms (a few of kills from being in a fraid could cover the amount of renown and comms earned in those quests though, so the amount isn't that high).

Does anyone know if the L75 class armor from Moors will scale up same as L70 Coldfells scalable armor?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3