We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think this could be used as a move towards effectively taking both Freeps and Creeps off the endless yo-yo balancing cycle. It takes time and money to deal with the chaos every level caps creates. What works one way can eventually work another way. Scaling up is fine, in the future as the cap passes 95 they should also scale Freeps back down to 95 when they enter the Moors. Armor sets, skills, it all should-and thanks to the changes that came with new skill trees it can-become specific to PvE and PvMP separately. I would create a skills tree for the Moors and leave it at that for the Freeps. PvMP and PvE would cease to have any real connection aside from character names and basic looks.

Plus they'd save the development costs of having to adjust the Moors for major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by the_end View Post
    I really hope this doesn't make it into live... the only thing worse than a zero audacity freep is a zero audacity freep scaled from lvl 20. As if there weren't enough wargs already...
    Lvl 20 scaled up toon is given approx 11 ranks of audacity...So you wont see zero aud scaled toons!!
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

I can understand this is Turbine's attempt to breathe life back in the smaller servers where PvMP action is dying off but I only see this hurting the PvMP community on each server. I already find it annoying when creeps act ravenous in OOC when there are easy kills out. Last night we had a kin group running around as part of a birthday celebration for one of their own and the creeps were hunting them down ecstatic about easy infamy due to them not wearing armor. Of course this could be Turbine's way of offering faster ranking for creepside since they were unable to get the 100% bonus barters from the Bounder tokens.

Will be interesting to see the shift if this goes in to live. It will become apparent who is out for fun and who is out for points. I pray the Valar will have enough sense with the low levels to keep them from coming out repeatedly when they realize how important it is to be decently geared to have a chance to contribute to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    I can understand this is Turbine's attempt to breathe life back in the smaller servers where PvMP action is dying off but I only see this hurting the PvMP community on each server. I already find it annoying when creeps act ravenous in OOC when there are easy kills out. Last night we had a kin group running around as part of a birthday celebration for one of their own and the creeps were hunting them down ecstatic about easy infamy due to them not wearing armor. Of course this could be Turbine's way of offering faster ranking for creepside since they were unable to get the 100% bonus barters from the Bounder tokens.

Will be interesting to see the shift if this goes in to live. It will become apparent who is out for fun and who is out for points. I pray the Valar will have enough sense with the low levels to keep them from coming out repeatedly when they realize how important it is to be decently geared to have a chance to contribute to the fight.
    You're not actually serious, right Fam? With all the heal stacking, target forwarding healing, and mass freep numbers, of course creeps are going to rejoice over easy kills. It's not easy to kill anything in the aforementioned circumstances with 40+ freeps about, while freeps are pressing a few buttons and facerolling with spam OOC rezzes to cover anything that dies. You are well aware of it and take active part in it, are you saying you don't want creeps to catch any break? Heaven help us if the current freeps on Brandywine actually learn how to play properly, there might be a bigger problem. Good thing most of them rely on facerolling numbers.

Isn't there diminishing returns on players you kill repeatedly in a short amount of time?
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    You're not actually serious, right Fam? With all the heal stacking, target forwarding healing, and mass freep numbers, of course creeps are going to rejoice over easy kills. It's not easy to kill anything in the aforementioned circumstances with 40+ freeps about, while freeps are pressing a few buttons and facerolling with spam OOC rezzes to cover anything that dies. You are well aware of it and take active part in it, are you saying you don't want creeps to catch any break? Heaven help us if the current freeps on Brandywine actually learn how to play properly, there might be a bigger problem. Good thing most of them rely on facerolling numbers.
    I took my BA out last night for about 30min and was in some action on the west side of HH. Between the lag and incredible amount of freep heals and bubbles, it was quite the demotivator. With those ttk rates, I could have ordered takeout, fed my dog, alt tabed out to eso, etc.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    Isn't there diminishing returns on players you kill repeatedly in a short amount of time?
    Don't think that's stopped people from honing in on the low ranks/no audacity kills.

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    I took my BA out last night for about 30min and was in some action on the west side of HH. Between the lag and incredible amount of freep heals and bubbles, it was quite the demotivator. With those ttk rates, I could have ordered takeout, fed my dog, alt tabed out to eso, etc.
    Don't forget to balance your checkbook!

Building off my thought on using the current path of scaling and skill trees to take PvMP off the tracks and separating it from the PvE world, you could possibly move towards instanced cross-server Moors play. This would consolidate folks into one or more fully populated instances and with all PvMP stats and gear apart from the PvE could be easier to manage in the long-term.

Regardless I still think they have to break off the PvMP world from the PvE side. It needs to be something sustainable and it isn't. It needs to be more symmetrical which it can't be while constantly chasing the Freep-side progression and changes.

I'm pretty sure the scaled up level 20s we'll see are yellow cappies and blue line minis there to help out freep raids so it might not quite be the easy renown for creeps are portraying. That or burg packs! Would be fun.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I'm pretty sure the scaled up level 20s we'll see are yellow cappies and blue line minis there to help out freep raids so it might not quite be the easy renown for creeps are portraying. That or burg packs! Would be fun.
    scaled level 20 cappies can't use Shield of the Dunedain, or last stand, or probably even exemplar.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    scaled level 20 cappies can't use Shield of the Dunedain, or last stand, or probably even exemplar.
    Well that's just stupid then and I'm not sure why anyone would take part in this. Do the scaled characters get any sort of advancement through this?

Well that's just stupid then and I'm not sure why anyone would take part in this. Do the scaled characters get any sort of advancement through this?
    here is a thread that may be of interest regarding what scaled freeps get: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...14#post7120814

more directly answering your question though, scaled freeps get r14 virtues, 11 audacity, up until lvl 75 or so when they get 5, and then presumably no audacity at lvl 85. Gear is scaled to lvl 95 item levels, which has some... interesting outcomes, and some characters seem to get regular stat boosts as well. No trait points ever though.
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Awesome change.

I was trying to purchase 5x 700 TP today, but i couldn't buy more then 2x 700 TP and then there was a bug. With it i was going to buy Angmar, but seeing i don't even have to level to get into the moors soon i don't think i will buy it on the other 3.

Say hello to my 6 LM's in Ettens soon! Yay!
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Forget what i said.

20 Mithril coins needed and then you can play for 6 hours. 25 coins cost 250 TP.

Could be much more expansive then buying VIP......

Brandywines already a lagfest, sometimes even your own raid lags if there are others out.
    Great for kills/a little fun for new folk, but it is going to cripple the high player servers.
    [B][I][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/I][/B]

Creeps starting clubbing as soon as that hits live. I have an easy idea how that can work without single dollar being used or farming. But not gonna give anyone bad ideas they wish to implement for cheating. Do your homework... Every account can have lvl 20 freep within hour or 2.
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

If people are aiming to farm toons i am sure they would already have a few lvl 20 toons lined up.

I guess it kinda answers towards creeps being auto level but lvl 20 freep has so many boundaries and Turbine must be hoping this makes them want to level and not get farmed..

I am concerned about multi boxers I can already see a 4-6 bot of Burgs.. Cunning attack / hips dot dot dot dot 15k each at worst with minimal audacity.

I'm curious how weapons etc will scale up. I've only read ettenmoors gear will scale. So your level 20 dagger will still have the same DPS? And your jewelry still +2 vitality? :P

Unless the scaling is handled better than it is in BB's this could be a disaster.
    BB's will scale from lvl10 toons, but has anyone actually tried doing BB's on a lvl10 toon? There's a huge skill/ability gap between a low lvl toon without all their skills/virtues and equipment than there is a fully leveled 95 toon.
    Unless scaling is treated differently to how it currently is in BB's then its just going to be a creep party.

Scalling is exactlly as in BB's... at least in Bull...

For me that's fine, as I play exclusivelly creep since RoI...

Let em come...

Quote Originally Posted by J-TK View Post
    Brandywines already a lagfest, sometimes even your own raid lags if there are others out.
    Great for kills/a little fun for new folk, but it is going to cripple the high player servers.
    Totally agree on that.
    Stupidest ever desicion made by Turbine.
    WHO THE HELL GONNA FIX LAG ? It will be simply impossible to play during prime time.

P.S.: back to GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Incoming freep 24 mini multiboxing raids
    lol............
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Totally agree on that.
    Stupidest ever desicion made by Turbine.
    WHO THE HELL GONNA FIX LAG ? It will be simply impossible to play during prime time.

P.S.: back to GW2.
    They don't care about the lag. They just see $$$ signs. Fixing lag would cost money instead of gaining money, at least in the very short run. In the long run people will leave since the game will be unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    here is a thread that may be of interest regarding what scaled freeps get: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...14#post7120814

more directly answering your question though, scaled freeps get r14 virtues, 11 audacity, up until lvl 75 or so when they get 5, and then presumably no audacity at lvl 85. Gear is scaled to lvl 95 item levels, which has some... interesting outcomes, and some characters seem to get regular stat boosts as well. No trait points ever though.
    I read that already but is there a way to further develop your character once it's scaled up?

I still maintain the only scaled up alts we'll see in the long term are healers for heal stacked raids (who will die but are still extra heals and rezzes for the good healers) and burg packs. I might take advantage of this since I hate leveling and don't mind soloing when underpowered but most people are going to get destroyed then quit or just wait for increasingly large raids.

The one advantage to this I guess is currently freeps face roll through mindless PvE content and head out to the Moors with the expectation they should be able to faceroll there then get angry when a high rank kills them and blames creep overpowerdness. Maybe people who are new with their class won't have that mindset?

I read that already but is there a way to further develop your character once it's scaled up?
    Not as of yet. The patch notes reference bartering for non-level capped audacity gear thus far only seems to be in the form of the lvl 75 and lvl 85 armour sets that already exist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast