We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scaling In the Moors

Well, release notes for 13 are up.

'The Free Peoples may now enter the Ettenmoors at level 20 and have their characters scaled up to level cap.'

We have asked and campaigned, and we have received.

Discuss.

PS. Implementation will be interesting...
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

Quote Originally Posted by Celedreor View Post
    Well, release notes for 13 are up.

'The Free Peoples may now enter the Ettenmoors at level 20 and have their characters scaled up to level cap.'

We have asked and campaigned, and we have received.

Discuss.

PS. Implementation will be interesting...
    Definately, this might be fun to watch.
    /popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Celedreor View Post
    I remember when they said players scaled to level cap in "epic" battles would be less strong than real level capped players. I have seen these scaled people with ridiculous amount of mastery etc.

Hope Turbine isn't going to scale those players the same way in the moors.

They won't be able to use legendary items though until level 45.

I posted a thread on this in the Player Suggestions forums. I can't speak for any servers other than Gladden, but this could potentially present a huge boxing issue for many servers. Also, on Gladden, there's already plenty of freeps that keep the map blue during most hours other than primetime when there's enough creeps on to deal with their numbers. I think this is a grossly bad decision if they choose to implement it. Who even asked for this?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

this shouldnt have been brought to the moors, personally i think its a big slap in the face to the freeps who have level and a slap to the creeps who have to still pay.

on the other hand youll have freeps dying left and right who just start this game because they lack experience.

soooo this was the big improvement as you can see on that update not much else was done

Couple things to note.

1) You will likely not have all of your trait points, but will you get all the ones you get when u lvl to 95?

2) Will you have access to LI's?

3) Is it just our characters that get scaled, or will gear(jewellery/offhands) be scaled as well?

4) Glad this wasn't implemented before the Farming Ban, even then, it could lead to silent farming such as wargs rolling lvl 20 burgs so they can farm them.

5) The increase in population from freepside can help balance out the differences between the sides(closer to 1:1), but could turn into a farm fest for the high ranks, perhaps a better sliding-scale system so that lower ranks aren't so valuable for higher ranks when defeated?

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Couple things to note.

5) The increase in population from freepside can help balance out the differences between the sides(closer to 1:1), but could turn into a farm fest for the high ranks, perhaps a better sliding-scale system so that lower ranks aren't so valuable for higher ranks when defeated?
    This is server related. On Gilrain there are already even numbers and sometimes the numbers are in favour of the freeps.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    personally i think its a big slap in the face to the freeps who have level
    Or a pat on the back for those who dont want to level toons to 95 to be able to get new toons out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    and a slap to the creeps who have to still pay.
    F2P creeps is where that slap took place.

Incoming freep 24 mini multiboxing raids

Also nice to see people that leveled their way up to 95, grinded guild rep, LI stuff, etcetc being almost on the same lvl with a lvl 20 freep (i guess system like BB's)

-------- ~"It can not get any worse"
    Turbine: ~"Challenge accepted"

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    This is server related. On Gilrain there are already even numbers and sometimes the numbers are in favour of the freeps.
    I wonder how many may roll creeps when they see the fresh scaled low levels running around.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

I wonder what Turbine is going to do anyway.
    With freep access to the moors at level 20 and no real pve endgame (except for the big battles but they don't require levelcap either) players won't need to buy any questzones or expansion packs except for HD if they want big battles.

If implemented right, turbine will show these players that if they want to get better in pvmp they will need to actually get levelcap.

If implemented just like with the big battles.. Turbine will lose money because people don'r need questpacks.

I'd like to think this is all part of Turbine's master plan.

They say that <10% of the population PvPs, but with this, they may be trying to get this up to... idk... a whopping 20%. Then they will be able to justify actually improving the moors because people will choose this over the current "endgame".

I for one can't wait for all these weaker freeps to come out and play. they will be WAY down on trait points and will make for plenty of very nice snacks. I'm hoping this is how they make up for all those freep renown cookies in RoR: little bacon strips of many weak freeps in HD.

Cookies vs. Bacon..... mmmmmmmm

I can see this either be disastrous or hilarious

Exciting times

Need a lot more info on this before we can make any judgements.

I really hope this doesn't make it into live... the only thing worse than a zero audacity freep is a zero audacity freep scaled from lvl 20. As if there weren't enough wargs already...

Quote Originally Posted by the_end View Post
    I really hope this doesn't make it into live... the only thing worse than a zero audacity freep is a zero audacity freep scaled from lvl 20. As if there weren't enough wargs already...
    This would be the hilarious side of it. The disastrous side would be you walking out of grams and finding yourself being jumped by 30+ lv20 burgs.

So do these scaled freeps get access to all their skills like a lv 95? How many trait points will they be given for their trees?

I am curious how this works

Having witnessed how Creeps can start playing at lvl 10 this can´t lead any worse than that. My first time experience was of such disastrous scale that I quit playing in the Moors. I was told that there are real players out and I just can´t wander around at r0. Ok I got back to the Moors later and was taken into a tribe, which made a huge difference. Just saying we Creeps already know how to deal with new players. We help/advise what we can.

Anyways my r12 warg and r10 BA is expecting these freeps with much interest

I only have one thing to say.....

nom nom nom nom nom

If they scale like for Big Battles, they're just food for creeps. No LIs, no trait points, only scaled armour and stats.
    One good thing about this could be that more people play the moors and Turbine finally decides to spare more resources to PvMP development... maybe... (one is allowed to dream sometimes )
    Dobb - Burglar R14
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

More interest in the Moors is a good thing.

Maybe my defiler will finally be able to solo a (scaled) freep for the first time since HD (if I can find one running around alone ofc). Let's just hope that my awesome 'Blood of Fire' reflect will be able to out-dps his/her self heals...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

More interest in the Moors is a good thing.
    Apart from the added LAG

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    I remember when they said players scaled to level cap in "epic" battles would be less strong than real level capped players. I have seen these scaled people with ridiculous amount of mastery etc.
    You're joking, right? The difference between a scaled up player and a capped player in a Big Battle is phenomenal - the capped player is more powerful by far, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Errastas View Post
    This would be the hilarious side of it. The disastrous side would be you walking out of grams and finding yourself being jumped by 30+ lv20 burgs.

So do these scaled freeps get access to all their skills like a lv 95? How many trait points will they be given for their trees?
    Its scaled in the same way as big battles, so you stick with the skills and trait points that you have at your current level - the only thing that is really scaled is stats like mastery, morale, regen etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast