We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Modify the hobbit presents to verify if mithril coin is being spent

I like the hobbit presents, but I do not like accidentally spending my mithril coin on them. I have accidentally double clicked the button several times in the past. You end up with a free present, and one purchased for mithril coin. Those second clicks were mistakes, and I did not really intend to make a purchase.

The interface should not re-purpose the same button (screen location) from 'get a free present' to 'purchase a present'. The user should have to select a different looking button in a different screen position to make the transaction. Also, all mithril purchases should require verification from the user, that they actually intended to make that choice. Tonight my gold present did not become available for some reason. If I had not been paying close attention, I would have ended up spending mithril coins trying to pick up my free gold present, that for some reason the system did not offer this week. Making this change would prevent problems such as this, or double clicks, from causing undesirable actions for the customer.

Sincerely,
    Tarach

Please file a bug report. Turbine will fix this if it does not work as intended.

I did file a bug report on the gold present not being offered. The rest is working as intended, as far as I can tell. The solution mentioned above however, would pretty much prevent any problems from such a bug occurring. It would also help in cases where the hardware bounced or the user mistakenly clicked on the location out of habit (because the button looks very much like the one they usually select, and it is right where they usually select it).

They could just make a little pop-up asking you if you are sure you want to spend the coins. Then you can ensure that you don't make a mistake and spend coins you don't want to. They should do that at the stable master as well.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    They could just make a little pop-up asking you if you are sure you want to spend the coins. Then you can ensure that you don't make a mistake and spend coins you don't want to. They should do that at the stable master as well.
    I will only accept the implementation of a pop up if there is an user option to disable it. There are already too many pop ups, confirmations and are you sure within the lotro software.

The other issue is that this interface is one click purchase system. Turbine is not going to want to implement a confirmation pop up. Turbine is going to want to capture purchases by customers who are not paying any attention.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine is going to want to capture purchases by customers who are not paying any attention.
    Or rip people off because the present alert comes up 10-15 seconds before the daily present resets. I've learned to wait a bit before clicking on that present alert... Some sort of "Are you sure?" popup for using MC on presents would be most welcome. Though also a bit surprising for the reasons Yula lays out.