We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1

    Anyone organizing "Hobbit to Isengard" run for Meneldor?

    As you can see from the topic, I was wondering if there is any planning going on for the run?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    If Sap is the hobbit im planning on trying to get him killed by dragging mobs in front of him hoping for a AOE death but on a serious note i believe glff has been talking about it.

    Though it really would be funny if he died lololol
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    If Sap is the hobbit im planning on trying to get him killed by dragging mobs in front of him hoping for a AOE death but on a serious note i believe glff has been talking about it.

    Though it really would be funny if he died lololol
    If you really are planning to harass the Hobbit run, might want to watch the Vilya stream first.

    As for planning/organizing, I am only a level 50 burg, but I should be around that Friday if I can help in any way. (I saw one post suggesting setting up a line of players from Bree to Isengard to keep a corridor free of enemies for a smooth run. That would be a sight to see, but I'm not sure it could be pulled off.)
    Otherwise, I'll just be /cheer-ing from the sidelines to help keep lag to a minimum.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Commi_X View Post
    As you can see from the topic, I was wondering if there is any planning going on for the run?
    I'm bringing my level 79 minstrel to the party. However, I'm not sure who, if anyone, is planning the route. Someone should--it really paid off for Vilya.

    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    If Sap is the hobbit im planning on trying to get him killed by dragging mobs in front of him hoping for a AOE death but on a serious note i believe glff has been talking about it.

    Though it really would be funny if he died lololol
    That's just meaner than a skillet full of rattlesnakes, and not at all amusing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    I'm bringing my level 79 minstrel to the party. However, I'm not sure who, if anyone, is planning the route. Someone should--it really paid off for Vilya.



    That's just meaner than a skillet full of rattlesnakes, and not at all amusing.
    id be totally amused and id probably fall out of my chair laughing


    Personally i think they should for a day let all the creeps out of the moors to catch that silly little hobbit
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N. Gate, Grams
    Posts
    1,002
    March 21st at 6:30 pm


    Will try to be there
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    March 21st at 6:30 pm


    Will try to be there
    can we hold hands pleases?????????????
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N. Gate, Grams
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    can we hold hands pleases?????????????

    Maybe, as long as you take me to the Bree bar and grill afterwards
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    Maybe, as long as you take me to the Bree bar and grill afterwards
    sweet i'll buy and i'll give you some sugar later, umm i mean ames ames i'll give her sugar later
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Personally i think they should for a day let all the creeps out of the moors to catch that silly little hobbit
    Im down for that, I just wonder how much Infamy Ill get for it

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    As for planning/organizing, I am only a level 50 burg, but I should be around that Friday if I can help in any way. (I saw one post suggesting setting up a line of players from Bree to Isengard to keep a corridor free of enemies for a smooth run. That would be a sight to see, but I'm not sure it could be pulled off.)
    I was thinking about how you'd do implement this. It'd be really easy to have a line of people at the start line in Bree, then have all of them move into the Lonelands using Return to Ost Guruth. You could do it again using Return to Rivendell, although that one would take longer to get into position.

    After that, it's a little dicey. You'd have to organize people into groups, then have a Hunter use Guide to Echad Dunann. Once you get into Enedwaith, Guide / Muster in Harndirion is a little more central to the predicted path. You could also conceivably more people via Mustering Horn, again requiring groups.

  12. #12
    Also, if you want to see him drown, just watch this video. It happens at the 48 minute mark. http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/497326416

  13. #13
    Good Luck Meneldor, Vilya set an amazing time, but it can be beat. Hopefully you can organize quickly, maybe even devise a plan to misdirect those who wish to thwart your plans. Speaking of which....

    Another member from the chorus of PvP players wishing grief, what a surprise. 5 on 1 ganks aren't exciting enough, so now it would be "fun" to one shot level 10 set to /follow.


    Ever wonder why PvP is treated like the ####### step-child of Middle Earth? Ever wonder why pissing in others Cheerios seems like such a great hobby?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N. Gate, Grams
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by job2 View Post
    Good Luck Meneldor, Vilya set an amazing time, but it can be beat. Hopefully you can organize quickly, maybe even devise a plan to misdirect those who wish to thwart your plans. Speaking of which....

    Another member from the chorus of PvP players wishing grief, what a surprise. 5 on 1 ganks aren't exciting enough, so now it would be "fun" to one shot level 10 set to /follow.


    Ever wonder why PvP is treated like the ####### step-child of Middle Earth? Ever wonder why pissing in others Cheerios seems like such a great hobby?


    Lighten up, Francis..
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by job2 View Post
    Good Luck Meneldor, Vilya set an amazing time, but it can be beat. Hopefully you can organize quickly, maybe even devise a plan to misdirect those who wish to thwart your plans. Speaking of which....

    Another member from the chorus of PvP players wishing grief, what a surprise. 5 on 1 ganks aren't exciting enough, so now it would be "fun" to one shot level 10 set to /follow.


    Ever wonder why PvP is treated like the ####### step-child of Middle Earth? Ever wonder why pissing in others Cheerios seems like such a great hobby?
    Funny thing i pve'd before i pvp'd, secondly if the hobbit dies well its the hobbits fault , period , end of story and besides it will be Ridduk who kills him.


    Unleash the beast
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Funny thing i pve'd before i pvp'd, secondly if the hobbit dies well its the hobbits fault , period , end of story and besides it will be Ridduk who kills him.


    Unleash the beast
    This is not a PvP event. Please don't encourage people to grief and harass the run trying to make it one.
    The thread is asking about organizing to help. If you don't want to be part of that, it is fine.

    Thanks

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    This is not a PvP event. Please don't encourage people to grief and harass the run trying to make it one.
    The thread is asking about organizing to help. If you don't want to be part of that, it is fine.

    Thanks
    Do you comment before you read? Where did anyone say this was a pvp event or I for that matter?

    I said it would be funny if some mobs killed him and which it would , now relax, calm down it will be just fine because you know it only a game.


    P.S. if he dies it will be like Xmas in march
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Do you comment before you read? Where did anyone say this was a pvp event or I for that matter?

    I said it would be funny if some mobs killed him and which it would , now relax, calm down it will be just fine because you know it only a game.


    P.S. if he dies it will be like Xmas in march
    While the "let the creeps out of the moors" has been said I do realize that is, at least mostly, in jest. Even if it was not, I'd have called that PvMP, not PvP.

    PvP is player vs. player. Whether the weapon you use is a sword, a bow, or a monster you drag over, at best you are engaging in PvP, at worst you are a griefer attempting to harass another player.

    I do not know whether or not you were serious about actively trying to get Sapience's hobbit killed. After the show on Vilya, though, and the lengths people will go to to ruin an event for others, I can't assume you were joking. All I am doing here is asking that, if you were not joking, you reconsider your plan and maybe let the event happen without causing any trouble.
    Last edited by Thornglen; Mar 17 2014 at 09:55 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    While the "let the creeps out of the moors" has been said I do realize that is, at least mostly, in jest. Even if it was not, I'd have called that PvMP, not PvP.

    PvP is player vs. player. Whether the weapon you use is a sword, a bow, or a monster you drag over, at best you are engaging in PvP, at worst you are a griefer attempting to harass another player.

    I do not know whether or not you were serious about actively trying to get Sapience's hobbit killed. After the show on Vilya, though, and the lengths people will go to to ruin an event for others, I can't assume you were joking. All I am doing here is asking that, if you were not joking, you reconsider your plan and maybe let the event happen without causing any trouble.
    I suspect Sapience made sure the audience saw how to access the report harassment function so people who've never used it can do so in future hobbit runs. That way, we all can help battle griefers who are trying to torpedo a server's time. It's to Vilya's credit that they managed a record run despite the troublemakers.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,236
    see the problem with this server is you all cant handle and joke and take it way to serious.......



    This is a video game people not real life so take a pill, sit back and think about it for a second and realize how funny it would be if he died.


    if you think about it long enough you might just giggle, never said i was doing anything i said it would be funny if mobs was pulled into him and he was one shot.


    Didnt realize people didnt have a sense of humor, oh wait i forgot these are real gamer!!!!!!!!!!!
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    Lighten up, Francis..

    I love that move.

    We just need to find our Big Toe for the event

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerstry View Post
    Also, if you want to see him drown, just watch this video. It happens at the 48 minute mark. http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/497326416
    After having seen that stream, I wonder if that might have been his record on received slaps on the Hobbit Runs so far.
    Star-Man_1976
    Now on every server. (That are a public LotRO-server run by Turbine.) All 29 of them, and sometimes also on Bullroarer.
    Will still be on every server, just less of them. From the closing 10 US-servers, I will move the characters to Arkenstone and Gladden. From closing EU-servers, German characters to Gwaihir, French to Sirannon, and English to Evernight.
    Where is my "Dead Hobbits Society" title?

  23. #23
    As far as an "ideal" fellowship in terms of speed, I would assume you'd want:

    1) Hadacar (+Sapience)
    2) Hunter ("Find the Path" permanent run speed buff)
    3) Guardian (Shield Wall on Hadacar)
    4) Captain (spam "Make Haste" whenever it is off cool down)
    5) Red-line Minstrel (spam their 10% Fellowship run speed buff whenever it is off cool down)
    6) Someone who knows the way!

    Hoping to make the event tonight. Would be happy to offer up my Shield Wall services.

    Cheers,
    Anurin

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Posts
    144
    Use the hobbits aggro nature to your advantage. Place heavies in an arrow formation in front of the hobbit to pull aggro. Let those tanks just initiate the aggro. Have others not in the fellow/raid run behind and pull off any mobs caught in the aggro roll.

    Even if you're high level you can get aggro because the hobbits low level transfers to you if you're in his fellow and you are the closest to the mob.
    Hopefully this will enable the big group behind killing the mobs plenty of ability to kill without having the hobbit in AoE danger. He'll never be the target of the aggro. Keep the hobbit and the arrow moving and let the extras behind pull the aggro off the tanks in the arrow.

    I have a feeling this will let the hobbit and arrow keep moving and never stop. Just have to make sure there's enough "extras" behind the arrow to kill efficiently and quickly so they can get back on the group to pull again when it's needed. Lvl 10 will pull from a great distance. Tanks in the arrow MUST NOT STOP to kill. They have to stay to be the target of aggro and then let the mob get pulled off. Keep some RK's and Minis near hobbit for heals and stuns if need. Just behind the arrow, but in front of the extras doing the killing in back.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/74203130234lotro_lotro04.png[/img][/url]
    "I can't figure out these healing rocks. I keep hitting myself in the head but it never heals...."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Land of the Midnight Sun
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurin_The_Wise View Post
    As far as an "ideal" fellowship in terms of speed, I would assume you'd want:

    1) Hadacar (+Sapience)
    2) Hunter ("Find the Path" permanent run speed buff)
    3) Guardian (Shield Wall on Hadacar)
    4) Captain (spam "Make Haste" whenever it is off cool down)
    5) Red-line Minstrel (spam their 10% Fellowship run speed buff whenever it is off cool down)
    6) Someone who knows the way!

    Hoping to make the event tonight. Would be happy to offer up my Shield Wall services.

    Cheers,
    Anurin
    I can get shield wall on him for you when you run out of power, you regenerate your power, i run out of power, you give him shield wall, and so forth...
    Please read the post overhead and understand it fully before responding with overwhelming negativity to opinions you have no personal interest in, but still want to complain about. Don't troll the feeders. Great, you acknowledge the need to apologize, but I don't see an actual apology anywhere. Are you a politician by any chance? - xandervix_tog.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload