We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trade Request: Heavy Cotton Cloak recipe OR Heavy Cotton Cloaks

Hello! My name is Sidhon and I'm in need of reputation with the Eglain. I'm a tailor by trade, but I seem to be missing the recipe for a heavy cotton cloak. I've killed many humanoids in the Lone-Lands hoping that one of them would have a copy of the recipe, to no avail.

I've tried my kin-mates and the auction house, but again, to no avail.

I'm asking if anyone here has a copy of the recipe that they can sell me. I'll pay quite well for it, you name your price!

OR

I assume that the cloak doesn't have to be made myself, so if no one has a copy of the recipe I can buy, will some kind tailor make me 71 cloaks? I'll supply the mats (give me a day or so to collect them) and tip 20 gold.

Thank you so much, kind folk of Laurelin.

Much love,
    Sidhon

[OOC]
    You can reach me via in-game mail. I'm active from about 8 am - 5 pm central time, can meet up during other times as well, just let me know!

I know about the tier 3 recipe book in the store, but I'm trying to grind and save up TP for Helms Deep, so buying the book would defeat the purpose.

I also now know that you can grind the Garth Argwen instances, which is what I'll do if I can't buy a recipe.
    Last edited by Sidhon; Mar 12 2014 at 02:44 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001bcd1d/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Check the vendor

I'm asking if anyone here has a copy of the recipe that they can sell me. I'll pay quite well for it, you name your price!

I believe you can buy this from an expert tailor vendor for about 20 silver
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxburgh View Post

I believe you can buy this from an expert tailor vendor for about 20 silver
    Nope, that was the first place I tried.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001bcd1d/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I can make the cloaks for you if you still need - see your ingame mail.

I'm not certain - not in game to check at this point. But I *think* the cloaks bind on being made (if there the ones you hand in for rep gaining - tried to do this once on another alt and discovered I couldn't transfere them over)

The pattern should be available from another Eglain rep vendor - that's where I've always aquired the patterns in the past. One carries the patterns, the other takes the finished items from you.

Of course all this could have changed during a recent patch, and I've not noticed.

Good luck either way.

As the item is a normal cloak it is not bound unlike other crafted ´rep´items.

I have heard it can be a problem to get the heavy cloak recipe unlike the other Eglain crafting items which are all purchasable from the crafting assistants....
    Last edited by tsunamimc; Mar 14 2014 at 07:40 AM.
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

It's such a cloak as this, right? Both lotro-wiki and my crafting panel ingame says bind on equip.

Thanks Tulipan, I'm working on gathering mats and so forth now. I'll mail them to you as soon as I can.

They really should put this recipe on one of the vendors, since all of the other professions have their recipes available through a vendor.

It appears there's some kind of mailing limit - any further cloaks I mail to you are returned to me and the same with pure text mails. Perhaps the Quick Post has decided your mailbox is full? I'll mail you the remaining cloaks when it's possible (or you can come pick them up, whatever's more convenient for you).

Oh, dear. I forgot that the cloaks won't stack. My most sincere apologies. My mailbox is empty now.