We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Characters not listed in the new transfer interface

Hello. I saw the post indicating this issue was fixed (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...23#post7119123).

Should this just be working now, or is there something specific that needs to be done (logging on to the character again, giving it time to catch up on all accounts, etc) before the characters should show? I am still seeing the same lists I had before and some characters are still not listed from my old server.

Also, if more than one subscription is tied to the account, should I be able to switch between them and see characters to transfer on the second sub? Right now it shows characters from my original sub only.

Thank you for the updates!

Try clearing the browser cache and deleting the cookies. Completely close the browser (all tabs and instances) and then try it again. All the usual stuff. Just to be sure you aren't seeing a cached version and can get a fresh copy of the page.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Try clearing the browser cache and deleting the cookies. Completely close the browser (all tabs and instances) and then try it again. All the usual stuff. Just to be sure you aren't seeing a cached version and can get a fresh copy of the page.
    None of that had any effect. However, going back and logging on to the characters did. Once I had logged on and played one of the characters that wasn't showing in the list, the list updated.

Still have not been able to find a way to swap to a second subscription on the same account.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Still have not been able to find a way to swap to a second subscription on the same account.
    It's in the upper right corner. The "select display name" drop down box.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Quote Originally Posted by Amrundir View Post
    It's in the upper right corner. The "select display name" drop down box.
    Yep. That is what I tried. Even went and set the other sub as the "default" under Manage Subscriptions.
    If that works for other people, maybe it is just my browser, but so far, no luck.

Edit: Scratch that, it just made a liar of me. Now it is working. Don't have to clear cookies or anything. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Yep. That is what I tried. Even went and set the other sub as the "default" under Manage Subscriptions.
    If that works for other people, maybe it is just my browser, but so far, no luck.
    Interesting...

I changed the subscription here in the forums before loading the transfer page. That worked fine. Changing the subscription at the character transfer page didn't work, until I reloaded that page.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Quote Originally Posted by Amrundir View Post
    Interesting...

I changed the subscription here in the forums before loading the transfer page. That worked fine. Changing the subscription at the character transfer page didn't work, until I reloaded that page.
    That could have been the difference for me as well. I think I swapped it on the transfer page last time and then this morning changed it before I went over directly from this post. Good to know.

Since I only have one subscription on the account I can't test it. But I suspect that changing the forum name does not refresh the page or update the data, which is what would be needed. So if you go to the transfer page and then change the forum name you'd need to hit the reload button on your browser or leave and go back to the transfer page. If someone wants to test that out and post back so others will know.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Since I only have one subscription on the account I can't test it. But I suspect that changing the forum name does not refresh the page or update the data, which is what would be needed. So if you go to the transfer page and then change the forum name you'd need to hit the reload button on your browser or leave and go back to the transfer page. If someone wants to test that out and post back so others will know.
    My steps tonight:

-Logged on Forums with primary subscription
    --Went to the Transfers page
    --Could see characters from primary subscription
    --Could not see characters from secondary subscription

-Changed display name in the upper right to secondary subscription
    --Still see characters from primary subscription, not secondary
    --Reloaded the page
    --Still see characters from primary subscription, not secondary

-Went back to forums
    --Noticed the name in upper right had switched back to primary subscription
    --Changed display name in upper right to secondary subscription while in forums
    --Went back to Transfers page
    --Display name in upper right still shows secondary subscription
    --Now I could see characters from secondary subscription, not primary

For whatever reason, changing the display name between subs while on the transfer page does not "stick" for me, no matter what it reads. Changing it on the forum page, however, works.

Hey guys,

We're aware that if you change your display name on the transfer page it won't update your characters and we'll be updating the Knowledge Base FAQ here to make sure that info is included, but you guys pretty much nailed the work around on the head. If you change your display name/subscription on the forums or through the Manage subscriptions page and then go back to the transfer site, you should see your characters as normal!

-Coldblue
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Friday. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @lotro