We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post Just My opinion about some skills that could use a touch up =P

Hello just my little rant on some skills that I would like to see scaled, because the current state of some of these skills to me are useless.
    For 1 Inner flame kinda seems a bit useless, It heals you for a very low bit of moral, cant move while using, and applies a damage buff of I think about 3% on fire skills for like 10 seconds. At its current state I think its kinda useless to even trait sadly =/
    2nd is all the pets bleeds and the ravens Distraction skill which (im just taking about its channeled bleed. its a very useful skill against ranged types and I know its more of a Debuff than a damaging skill) all do very, very low damage. I mean the main Single target DPS pet applys a savage bleed that does like 126 Common Damage every 5 seconds for 10 seconds in the blue line =I also the Bog guardians angry bees bleed does 110 common for every 2 seconds for 10 seconds =I. I mean even if it means they need to cut the damage a tiny bit again to make the pet bleeds do a bit more damage i'm all for it =D.
    Also wisdom of counsel's reflect damage, now idk about this one its a great skill but there's a reflect that gets applied that returns 35 light damage on hit. Idk that's a little low don't you think?
    Another is wind lore, its great for the rotation in the yellow but on its own I don't really like it. It does 3% increase damage on target at tier 3 for 10 seconds and has a CD of 5. Now in order for that to be kept up all the time you'd need to use mainly only that skill.
    For the last ones I'd say Call of Valar and Knowledge of the lore master. Ive used Call of valar several times for the immune to set back on damage for 10 seconds and also to restores some skills. I just don't see myself using it as much as id like, its a great skill and all but I think it needs a bit more umpf. Knowledge of the lore master is a good skill to see what the enemy is weak against plus applys a -760 resist rating to song, Phy, Tact, and cry if used out of combat, but in the moors its useless. Its an ok skill for PVE but I never use it because to me its really not worth using all that much.
    I know that as it stands all the classes are way to OP and the last thing we need is to do even more damage ect bla bla bla its just I think these skills need a touch up.
    That's my little LM skill rant. What do you all think?
    Aokami
    The Blue Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOkami View Post
    For 1 Inner flame kinda seems a bit useless, It heals you for a very low bit of moral, cant move while using, and applies a damage buff of I think about 3% on fire skills for like 10 seconds.
    If you are channeling for full period of duration, then the buff is +12% fire dmg for 10s, not just +3%. If you are in blue line, after such period you can very probably use coordination and critical coordination (next skill is without induction and achieves crit. hit)
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

Would be nice if they linked Knowledge of the Lore-Master to some Pokedex skill or item, whereby you could pop it open to find out details about any mob as and when you wish.

An entire deed could be dedicated to filling out the entire LOTRO 'Pokedex'.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post
    Would be nice if they linked Knowledge of the Lore-Master to some Pokedex skill or item, whereby you could pop it open to find out details about any mob as and when you wish.

Yes Please! And can my Lore Master have a pet Totodile please? (Just joking)

Although it would be nice to have more information about what skills can actually do and when best to use them. Provided of course you can keep mobs alive long enough to use the skills in the first place.

This would be completely awesome.

To the OP: IMO, the old effect of Inner Flame was better, transfering threat to the pet. Considering it's a blue line skill, I find it a more appropiate effect, and its very useful for when your pet dies in a boss fight and you wantto resumon and for him to regain aggro.

Yeah, Wind-lore is dumb for anything other than spreading debuffs.

WotC and Call to the Valar are fine IMO.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    This would be completely awesome.

To the OP: IMO, the old effect of Inner Flame was better, transfering threat to the pet. Considering it's a blue line skill, I find it a more appropiate effect, and its very useful for when your pet dies in a boss fight and you wantto resumon and for him to regain aggro.

Yeah, Wind-lore is dumb for anything other than spreading debuffs.

WotC and Call to the Valar are fine IMO.
    Well, Wind Lore is still an AoE debuff that increases damage you deal to a mob. Anything that can improve kill efficiency is a plus.
    Would be nice to have a legacy that can improve Wind Lore though...

And threat transfer is kinda irrelevant given the state of the game. Usually if you want to re-summon your pet, just stun/mez/root the mob first and re-summon.
    Besides, if your pet always dies, then you're doing it wrong. Lol.

Most boss fights typically would have someone else beside you, so you shouldn't really be taking aggro anyways.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Well, Wind Lore is still an AoE debuff that increases damage you deal to a mob. Anything that can improve kill efficiency is a plus.
    Would be nice to have a legacy that can improve Wind Lore though...
    But dmg increase is so small that it is better/more efficient to cast some dmg spell than wind lore.

And threat transfer is kinda irrelevant given the state of the game. Usually if you want to re-summon your pet, just stun/mez/root the mob first and re-summon.
    Besides, if your pet always dies, then you're doing it wrong. Lol.
    it was the only skill with which the lm could decrease his aggro. And it was really helpfull by doing difficult content just solo.

Most boss fights typically would have someone else beside you, so you shouldn't really be taking aggro anyways.
    Not every tank can hold the aggro, sometimes you need to help him with reducing your own.

Yeah even though inner flame does have a +12% to fire damage there's just other skills that you'd be better of traiting say like Rapid fire or Master of Fire in the red line. What I would like to see done is maybe provide a fellow ship bubble and a small heal for your pet and your self while channeling. Also I did like the agro transfer it had before HD, because I do tend to draw agro from the tank once in a while and it leaves me either running around for a bit or dieing.

Also I like the idea of Making Knowledge of the lore master like a Pokedex =D I mean it would be appropriate for the lore master to have something like that. Maybe not an actually pokedex but maybe it could be like a little note book they Jot down the weaknesses of their enemy to look at later.
    Aokami
    The Blue Wolf

1) Wind-lore is a waste of a skill. There's no way in hell i can be convinced that spending almost 1/3 of my time and loads of power casting wind lore is gonna help the fs or raid DPSwise when i can pack up tons of DPS myself. Also its no fun at all. The spreading debuffs thingy... Useless 99% of times. Wind-lore was a great skill that was broken to whatever that is now.... If they increased the duration by a lot then it could be useful again.

2) It is ugly if we pick up aggro indeed and not having a way to reduce it. But that is more of a concern in red line, so i dont see why inner flame should give hat effect as its a blue line skill. In solo content, u have ur bear to get aggro whenever it likes, so u dont need to reduce ur threat there either. Unless u r using another pet that is not meant to tank, which imo doesnt excuse makin a skill to help you on that one. Inner flame fire buff is not that good either the way i see things. If i want extra fire dmg i can just NOT do inner flame and use dmging skills which will give me more dmg output.

So if i need more dmg i will use dmging skills. If i need a heal i will use LoH or WL, but i think that if Inner Flame could give a defensive buff to both caster and pet, and even the whole FS, it would become a skill worth traiting and using in tough situations. Could also be removing 1 debuff every 3 secs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithrandir View Post
    2) It is ugly if we pick up aggro indeed and not having a way to reduce it. But that is more of a concern in red line, so i dont see why inner flame should give hat effect as its a blue line skill. In solo content, u have ur bear to get aggro whenever it likes, so u dont need to reduce ur threat there either. Unless u r using another pet that is not meant to tank, which imo doesnt excuse makin a skill to help you on that one. Inner flame fire buff is not that good either the way i see things. If i want extra fire dmg i can just NOT do inner flame and use dmging skills which will give me more dmg output.
    Not even bear can hold aggro, just for a few seconds. I will get aggro just through my healing skills which I am using on it. The old version with aggro-transfer instead of dmg-buff was better in my eyes.

The idea with some protection during channeling of Innere Flame is also nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Not even bear can hold aggro, just for a few seconds.
    Im doin a lot of solo stuff with my bear. However soon or late it looses aggro, it has the taunt skill. Which obviously works like a guard's taunt skill after last update, coz it can keep aggro. And i really mean keep aggro. No champ or hunter or anything managed to ever get aggro off bear(without using their taunts oc) after he used taunt, and im using him as main tank in 3-6mans.

When he is fed he is doin an even more marvelous job.

Im doin a lot of solo stuff with my bear. However soon or late it looses aggro, it has the taunt skill. Which obviously works like a guard's taunt skill after last update, coz it can keep aggro. And i really mean keep aggro. No champ or hunter or anything managed to ever get aggro off bear(without using their taunts oc) after he used taunt, and im using him as main tank in 3-6mans.

When he is fed he is doin an even more marvelous job.
    Befor a few days the bear lost its aggro something like 10s after using the taunt skill, when I was doing some instance solo. I am pretty sure about it but I will try it once more. Are you using blue line with buffed pet or some other line?

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Befor a few days the bear lost its aggro something like 10s after using the taunt skill, when I was doing some instance solo. I am pretty sure about it but I will try it once more. Are you using blue line with buffed pet or some other line?
    When i want my bear to tank i always go blue line buffing the bear as much as possible, using LI with morale/attack legacy to summon, and sometimes give him his precious honey too, also using rage stickpin. I didnt try in red/yellow line to use my bear as tank tbh.

I didnt try in red/yellow line to use my bear as tank tbh.
    I was in yellow line with some red traits, maybe this is the reason. But if the bear in blue is really so good, I will try it next time.

I uploaded 2 videos just for this purpose.

Against Urcheron on level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVpSW...ature=youtu.be

Unfortunately when i got the aggro from bear he was almost dead so it wouldnt serve to demonstrate the taunt skill's usage, so i had to try it with something bigger and not too bothersome ^^

Turtle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bOQ...ature=youtu.be

At 1:09 I used the Taunt skill, and didn't get aggro back till it was dead