We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up ettenmoors assistance

Last edited by Arandeath; Jun 01 2014 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    If there are any players with access to the moors and new to lvl cap
    that would like to tag along to do some quests and farm a few items
    to turn in,i'd be happy to help out.just ask if you catch me online.

there are a dozen or so quests that are fairly easy and can grab you a few
    commendations and some renown,it's not much but it's a start and it's
    possible to jump a couple ranks.

I will help too but I will be on my Warleader and by help I mean get y'all used to running back from the rez.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

If there are any players with access to the moors and new to lvl cap
    that would like to tag along to do some quests and farm a few items
    to turn in,i'd be happy to help out.just ask if you catch me online.

there are a dozen or so quests that are fairly easy and can grab you a few
    commendations and some renown,it's not much but it's a start and it's
    possible to jump a couple ranks.
    So nice to see someone with their heart in the right place. Thanks for being a good example.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

There is still hope for moors.

I'd really like to follow your example.

If anyone is new to moors and needs help or someone to accompany him/her on a daily run or whatever, just ask.
    We were all new once (though some people don't remember that i guess) and you don't have to make it harder than it is already.

See you around.
    [IMG]http://s7.directupload.net/images/140312/h8lhm434.jpg[/IMG]

ill help too.

meet me @ grothum

bring as many u can, can help u all
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by ninariel View Post
    We were all new once
    False. I was never new. I was just pro instantly
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv

Quote Originally Posted by Chocla View Post
    False. I was never new. I was just pro instantly
    ^

What is this? A positive thread in DD forums? Impossibru

Maybe if we stand still it wont see us...

Perhaps its a bug, I'll report immediately.

Whoever is responsible for this shall be hang at Orc Camp.

:O

Less Than Three~ Thunderboltz
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post

^

What is this? A positive thread in DD forums? Impossibru

Maybe if we stand still it wont see us...

Perhaps its a bug, I'll report immediately.

Whoever is responsible for this shall be hang at Orc Camp.

Stop trying to bump your post count with this drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Swordsman View Post
    Stop trying to bump your post count...
    What have I to achieve by doing so?

Most entertaining you are, Agleaka.

Whatever drivel I post, you are sure to follow it with drivel of your own.

I once paid homage to a great story. Would you like to read? It has great depth, if you catch the metaphor, I assure you, balance will be bestowed upon you. Perhaps then you will also find your inner peace.

Here it is...

"Once there was an ugly barnacle named DD, he was so ugly that everyone died... The End."

Ahhh, A moving story, no? Such depth. Even the mitochondria within my cells find it hard to produce enough energy to help ease the explosive sentiments emerging from the electrochemical signals being transmitted by my neurons in the form of emotion. I do not know if you share my sympathy. But at any rate, it is rare for a story to hit that hard. Poor DD the ugly barnacle, he will never be forgotten. Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

it's just to learn where a couple of the quests are at and to get started
    collecting a few of the quest items,can't help with any group tips though
    because i never got any tips that i could pass along.
    but it's more than almost any other freep in the moors will ever do to help
    any new freeps get started,which is kinda sad for a "multi" player game.
    Well, seeing that quests don't really have a purpose on Freep side except to help scrubs rank, why can't you just help people group up and actually PvP instead of PvE out there? There has been a huge decline from skill level on Freep side PvP. Personally I think you should try to help people that way instead of pointless PvE. Unless you are doing the Delving there is no real reason to group up to do PvE on Freep side.

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post

What have I to achieve by doing so?

Most entertaining you are, Agleaka.

Whatever drivel I post, you are sure to follow it with drivel of your own.

I once paid homage to a great story. Would you like to read? It has great depth, if you catch the metaphor, I assure you, balance will be bestowed upon you. Perhaps then you will also find your inner peace.

Here it is...

"Once there was an ugly barnacle named DD, he was so ugly that everyone died... The End."

Ahhh, A moving story, no? Such depth. Even the mitochondria within my cells find it hard to produce enough energy to help ease the explosive sentiments emerging from the electrochemical signals being transmitted by my neurons in the form of emotion. I do not know if you share my sympathy. But at any rate, it is rare for a story to hit that hard. Poor DD the ugly barnacle, he will never be forgotten. Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

Once again, stop trying to bump your post count with this drivel. Your second post is more pointless than the first.

Well, seeing that quests don't really have a purpose on Freep side except to help scrubs rank, why can't you just help people group up and actually PvP instead of PvE out there? There has been a huge decline from skill level on Freep side PvP. Personally I think you should try to help people that way instead of pointless PvE. Unless you are doing the Delving there is no real reason to group up to do PvE on Freep side.
    It always depends on the situation.
    If there's e.g. a craid camping at gv you don't rush in there with a bunch of people with none/low aud and no experience. If there is a decent group it's of course better if you fight them with new people for training and comms, but what I saw the last times were good, experienced and organized groups on creepside out there and that is hard/frustrating if you're new and dying all the time. I know what I'm talking about.
    It's just about giving them a good start so they don't loose interest instantly.

Btw. I personally do dailys while I'm waiting for some action to happen, why not use the time when there are hardly any creeps out?

Well, seeing that quests don't really have a purpose on Freep side except to help scrubs rank, why can't you just help people group up and actually PvP instead of PvE out there? There has been a huge decline from skill level on Freep side PvP. Personally I think you should try to help people that way instead of pointless PvE. Unless you are doing the Delving there is no real reason to group up to do PvE on Freep side

If your new and don't know anyone that goes to the moors then it makes
    it harder to group,because your an unknown rank 0 that few will take a
    chance on.I was new and didn't know anybody there and found only a couple
    freeps willing to send me a invite to take part in a group,the rest wanted
    nothing to do with an unknown noob.And as the first couple ranks don't take
    much renown if I can help someone do all the daily's then it's at least something
    to help them get started.
    So I do the daily's and this post is an invitation for rank 0's if they want a hand
    getting started with a rank and building some items up so they too can start
    doing daily's when it's slow.

Unfortunately my group experience is still very low so I don't feel like
    I could give any sound advice for grouping,all I can say for new freeps
    is you MUST[ have your chat enabled even if you don't have a mic.And <----(this is an much complained about point.)
    you have to listen for "back away" or "push" commands from the raid
    leader,as well as target commands for which creep to take out first.
    if you can't pay attention your going to be left behind and killed.

note for target assist:I noticed once in a group that the target kept switching.
    pick a target and stick with it if you use assist please
    if not,don't expect others to be able to follow when it switches targets every 2/3 seconds.

note for target assist:I noticed once in a group that the target kept switching.
    pick a target and stick with it if you use assist please
    if not,don't expect others to be able to follow when it switches targets every 2/3 seconds.
    People do this (target assists) to play a "who can change targets faster" game with the opposing sides Fraid or Craid healer if they are not heal forwarding thru the opposing sides DPS, also there is a setting I believe in the UI called Skill Target Forwarding which allows you to just target the Assist then forward your actions thru them to their target, works same way when you are on opposite side as a healer, you can forward thru the opposing sides Target Assist. Also you can move your UI around to put your Assist Window in a more prominent location that will allow you to click on it easier when there is a target change.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#daa520][SIZE=3][FONT=palatino linotype]Razzgash R12 Warg -- Razzgrish R12 Blackarrow -- Razztankz R12 Warleader
    Razztoxin R11 Weaver -- Razzhealzu R10 Defiler -- Razzbladez R9 Reaver[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Vezz View Post
    People do this (target assists) to play a "who can change targets faster" game with the opposing sides Fraid or Craid healer if they are not heal forwarding thru the opposing sides DPS, also there is a setting I believe in the UI called Skill Target Forwarding which allows you to just target the Assist then forward your actions thru them to their target, works same way when you are on opposite side as a healer, you can forward thru the opposing sides Target Assist. Also you can move your UI around to put your Assist Window in a more prominent location that will allow you to click on it easier when there is a target change.

this is good to know,this is something that nobody told me before and I didn't know to ask
    about it,it's information like this that might help new players not to suck in a group.

but what I saw the last times were good, experienced and organized groups on creepside out there

Good, Experienced and Organized dont go well with Creeps
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000014268c/signature.png]Gartharg[/charsig]

It always depends on the situation.
    ...good, experienced and organized groups on creepside out...
    Those are my groups. Just focus the out of my group/non pro fails and Freeps will do just fine.

Why do people need to be taught? can't they just read their skills... This game so easy and people are still bad at it? ###
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv

Quote Originally Posted by Chocla View Post
    Why do people need to be taught? can't they just read their skills... This game so easy and people are still bad at it? ###
    This.

This and turbine. The game has become so pathetically easy on pve side that anyone can get the best gear itens just by grinding easy modo instances or BB's. Most of the freeps that play pvp now would still be rank 1 or 2 back at 65/75.

They also don't understand pvp. For instance, if you have lugz and tr, and you're farming creeps at ta, why do you take ta? You'll kill the action. Why do these new healers run away from the group when one of the primary basic roles you learn as a healer is that you have to kite and be able to take some damage? If you failed to take lugz with freeps, what makes you think you'll have an easier time on ta? Why do you target the ranked 12 reavers and not the red ranked reavers?

I'm talking about blue and green ranked people doing that I wrote above.

All this shows that most freeps that become relevant at 95 or came to 95 simply have no idea what to do because they never had to do anything that requires skill. The raids these days are pathetic, the instances are as baby friendly as telettubies, they come to pvp and can't do a proper flank or proper positioning and movement because they don't need to in the faceroll that pve is. The good freeps remaining are the one's that also play high ranked creeps, and only about 5% of them. Most good freeps stopped playing by 85/95 or/and flipped sides for good.

Turbine needs to release some quality end game content, it will make these freeps get a bit more skill and also having to communicate and not just roll their heads on the keyboards. Then they'll have a better time in moors.

And don't get me wrong, creepside isn't exactly better. Quite a lot of creeps still don't know which classes to target first or follow trade calls.

Kraum, you speak truth. Thank you.

Newer relevant high ranks in general these days could be considered the equivalent of newbies a sector back in history.

Simply they...

Quote Originally Posted by KrauserJoestar View Post
    have no idea what to do because they never had to do anything that requires skill.
    Evidence of this is the lack of "best of their class" thread posts. I speculate that in today's mindless PvP no one has the incentive to become "best of their class", so no one fully does...

Of course this argument is a bit off topic, but it can be applied to Chocla's learning advice.

[To OOC] 'Someone invite me to their group, so I can AFK and leech some infamy. Isn't that how ranking works now days?'

Well I believe it's a huge benefit if you did all difficult instances and raids when they actually needed you to know your class and work together. But that sounds like everyone who joined the game later is destined to fail in moors. Of course it's easy to blame the lack of skill. But what to do about that? As far as I see it the "good old players" mock newer ones for the benefit they didn't have. I'm not really complaining about that because some rivalry belongs to moors, but in the end it's not helping. People get annoyed by being called a froob, a fail or whatever (and there are a few people who really exaggerate with exposing their opinion to everyone) and that doesn't really encourage anyone to improve himself - because, guess what: people know when they failed .
    I can't talk for many freeps, but those I know are really trying to get better, they save combat logs, try out different stances and evaluate what went wrong during a zerg. Maybe it just needs some time or advices, but I get it, the experienced players won't share their knowledge, pro secret.

Well - what i actually wanted to say - I still think it's a good idea to help people who are new to moors - whether it's with dailys for the first commendations (because you need gear with aud to have an actual chance in PvP) or to group up for taking a camp or even to do some PvP already (as long as they accept they'll be the first targets and die all time of course).

And just because people aren't as pro as chocla was from the beginning , that doesn't mean they have no potential. I personally think you can already call it potential if people follow ta and stick with the group, you don't have to be the new master raid leader to have fun or success in moors.
    It's just about not messing up their start with moors because it's the hardest time (I myself had a bad start and just gave it another chance because I had my kinmates with me) - what comes after that, if they enjoy it at all or maybe develop to decent players, we'll see, won't we?

To sum up this thread...this game fails so hard now that people are actually grouping to quest in a PvP area. The forum PvP still seems of high quality and fairly entertaining though. Like xellor said in another thread RIP the old days.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post
    To sum up this thread...this game fails so hard now that people are actually grouping to quest in a PvP area. The forum PvP still seems of high quality and fairly entertaining though. Like xellor said in another thread RIP the old days.
    This actually made me laugh pretty hard, thus why I keep serious PvP on a separate game, away from this whacky entertainment.

Last edited by Arandeath; May 23 2014 at 01:16 AM. Reason: adding comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post

People were doing that well before this thread came out. Something about a specific kin named Death's Bane.

"RIP the old days" has been applying since Moria launched.

Well I believe it's a huge benefit if you did all difficult instances and raids when they actually needed you to know your class and work together. But that sounds like everyone who joined the game later is destined to fail in moors. Of course it's easy to blame the lack of skill.
    I can't talk for many freeps, but those I know are really trying to get better, they save combat logs, try out different stances and evaluate what went wrong during a zerg. Maybe it just needs some time or advices, but I get it, the experienced players won't share their knowledge, pro secret.

If people are much more aggressive, pointzzz will flow for both sides. Who needs to know how to play when you have 4 minis and 5 LMs with twice the numbers.
    But, for those waterlore stackin,From stealth Touch n Goin, Flop Whorin, Perma Sprintin, Hipsin, cappies yellow Traitin, NPC Huggin, Full Time PvEin, Rez Campin, Backdoor runnin, Mountin n Leavin, Silence Spammin, Trapper Traitin, OP takin, Zerg Raidin, Single Wipe Rage Quitten, From Ranged bleed Stackin, Spam CCin,EZ moddin peeples..On to R15! Grats in advance.

(LUL guards)
    (LUL yellow cappies)
    (LUL full stack of WL while sitting in EC)
    (LUL outpost game game)
    (LUL that person who steps out with pocket SW)
    (LUL Getting wiped with stacked minis n Lms)

#TheStruggleIsRevoltz#TheStrug gleIsRayo#TheStruggleIsXardas# AwLawdGeebuzItsaFawwmm#ShadowF ax#Kony2014#YouMade#OnePipewee dAwayFrom#RealTalk

I am going to sleep now.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ