We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Raids and Instances question

Hi Everybody,

I am a level 69 Hunter, i have my own kin with friends i know in real life. We play together often and are almost online everyday.
    But the thing is we want to get the max out of the game since we all love it but even with 3 serious players ( 69 hunter, 62 champ and 50 hunter) we can't manage to do the 6 or 12 person instances to get the rewards we are searching for.
    I even never played a single raid and would love to experience this with other players including my friends.
    We all have multiple chars but these are our highest chars for now.
    We tried the instance finder several times without any results.
    Is there a way we can join others so they can help us and vice versa..
    Can anyone tell me howto connect best to other players for raids and instances, since the ingame system sucks bigtime i hope there is another way to find help from others.
    We are always willing to help others, i hope now someone is willing to help us

grtz Nim

Defenders of the White Tower

I'm assuming you guys are on the same server; with that assumption I recommend scrolling down to the server specific forums and re-posting there. Currently I can promise regardless of server various kin leaders are lurking there desperate for new people. It's a buyers market; be picky you can afford to.

First, join the Global Looking For Fellowship chat (/joinchannel glff), then (/1 ) ask about what raids/instances are going on and if your motley crew can join.
    Though, keep in mind, that the vast majority of scalable instances that I have seen people advertise have been for lvl 95's, by lvl 95's.

Second, I'm a bit concerned about your motley crew. There's quite a dependency in your levels, so I'm not sure what instances you're looking to do where either one of you isn't going to be receiving any reward, one of you is going to be completely useless, or both. Also, you got 2 DPS and a Tank, you might find it hard without any healing.

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers, it made things a little clearer. The main thing we want is to get the max out of the game, i'm now level 69 almost finished Isengard and then want to finally start mounted combat in Rohan.
    The thing is i want (a nice set of armour and a first era legendary weapon) to find a way to get the special tokens and other items you have to get to buy these things. Since i'm sort of our Kinleader cause I play the longest and have the most experience in the game, i want to share my experience with my friends so they can get these items too. I understand perfectly that we don't have the best group for this but that's why im looking for other players to join up with.
    I have 5 other chars around level 30-35 but we now focus on our main chars.

What i really would love to do is just complete the erebor instances, since i'm a huuuuge Tolkien fan and read all the books etc i can't wait to experience that story for myself, but here's the thing, my friends don't have all the expansions and i do, except for helms deep. (buy it later) so i cannot play these with them, and to play them on a lower level just to finish them isn't my cup of thee

Other example is that i'm stuck with my volume 2 cause i have to play a instance in angmar wich is for 6 players.. can't get any further with that now. any ideas on that?

So if there are any players we can join with or want to do the Erebor instance to help me it would be great.
    To get the special armours and 1st era legendary weapon i think i just have to find other players to join up with and have patience.

Grtz Nim

One way of getting round the level problems would if you all have the Helms deep content to do a 3 man big battle together, or even as others have suggested get players from GLFF and do the 6 man or raid.

Its not the same, you have to buy helms deep but it does get round this level problem. I enjoyed them enough to get to rank 6 and some nice jewelry, but its not the same as the other instances and some hate them. I'll advice you to give them ago with an open mind, especially if you've got earnt TP to spend. (rather than money).

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrhodel View Post
    i'm now level 69 almost finished Isengard
    69? Almost finished Isengard? o.O Isengard is lvl 65-75. Are you only doing the Epic quests?
    and then want to finally start mounted combat in Rohan.
    First, you have to be at least 71 to get a War-steed. Second, Mounted Combat only works in the areas of Rohan (Eastemnet, Wildermore and Westemnet). So, while you can take your war-steed back to other areas, you can't perform mounted combat skills there.
    The thing is i want (a nice set of armour and a first era legendary weapon) to find a way to get the special tokens and other items you have to get to buy these things.
    Don't bother with First Ages until you at level cap. Instead, take advantage of the free Second Ages you get.

You get a free lvl 65 Second Age Class item at the end of the Enedwaith Epic chain.
    You get a free *Symbol to make a lvl 75 Second Age LI at the end of the Great River Epic chain.
    You get a free lvl 85 Second Age Bridle at the end of the Eastemnet Epic chain.
    You get a free *Symbol to make a lvl 95 Second Age LI at the end of the Westemnet Epic chain.
    * In order to craft an LI, you have to have sufficient standing in a Crafting Guild.
    I understand perfectly that we don't have the best group for this but that's why im looking for other players to join up with.
    Then, I have to ask what exactly you're looking to do. That will help you find people to do it.

If the three of you try to do a lvl 69 instance, then the lvl 62 and 50 will be useless.
    If the three of you try to do a lvl 62 instance, then you'll get next to nothing and the lvl 50 will be useless.
    If the three of you try to do a lvl 50 instance, then you and the lvl 62 will get nothing.
    What i really would love to do is just complete the erebor instances, [snip] so i cannot play these with them,
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...onely_Mountain

Even if you don't currently own Riders of Rohan or Instance Cluster: Rohan, you can complete the first three instances by going to the entrance for each one, which are shown on the map.
    and to play them on a lower level just to finish them isn't my cup of thee
    Then, I suggest you either plan to power-level the lvl 50 to get up closer to the lvl 62 or berate him into buying some expansions so he can gain some levels quickly, so the three of you do something of median level without anyone being useless or not getting any experience.
    Other example is that i'm stuck with my volume 2 cause i have to play a instance in angmar wich is for 6 players.. can't get any further with that now. any ideas on that?
    Volume 2? Angmar? ... o.O

Volume 1 deals with the false king of Angmar. Volume 2 deals with the Dwarves of Moria, and their dealing with the steward of Dol Guldur.
    Regardless, all of the Epics are made so they can be solo'ed. If an instance says it's "6-man", it'll usually give you an inspiration buff that makes you neigh invincible.
    Last edited by HaleElven; Mar 12 2014 at 06:52 AM.

The thing is i want (a nice set of armour and a first era legendary weapon) to find a way to get the special tokens and other items you have to get to buy these things.
    Special armour sets existed only for the "endgame levels": lvl50, lvl60, lvl65, lvl75, lvl85. At level 69 you are too strong for the lower level sets and not high enough for the lvl75 sets. Keep in mind that there was a big qualitative change in stats on all armour between lvl65 and lvl66, and there was an even bigger jump between lvl85 and lvl86. In many cases grinding for the special tokens or skirmish marks will give you more experience and you will outlevel the armour sets before you manage to collect them. Also regarding the special tokens, they drop only in the Dar Narbugud raid for lvl60 armour sets. For all other raids you need to collect a lot of skirmish marks and medallions. Amount of skirmish marks you get per skirmish or per scaled instance is increasing with your level and with the size of the instance. It is not feasible to collect enough marks solo for a full set.

The situation with the 1st age legendary items (LIs) is even worse.
    lvl59-60: You can get those for your friends - keep running the Filikul raid ("Turtle") every day and when you collect enough tokens (4 for lvl59 LI, 6for lvl60 LI) you can barter any shiny golden item you want. And you can give it as a present as well. You can't solo this raid yet, but usually people on any server would love to join you. Most lvl95s can solo Turtle, so you do not need 12 people for that.
    lvl 65 These used to drop in the Ost Dunhoth raid before that one was scaled up. They do not drop now.
    lvl 75 These drop in the Tower of Orthank raid. They still drop, however this raid is not run much nowadays.
    lvl 85 These can be bartered in the skirmish camp after you complete the Erebor instances. At lvl85 you had to complete those at lvl85. I have no idea how the deeds would work now and I fear that you have to complete the deeds at lvl95 to be able to barter lvl85 1st age symbols.
    I understand your desire to get something unique and epic on the way to the level cap, I always want that for my new alts... but it is really really hard, next to impossible. Sometimes you can find older players who still keep those antique symbols for their own alt or for friends. For example, I do have a few myself. It also may happen that lvl65, 75, 85 1st age symbols appear in the golden hobbit presents or in the lootbox, but I never seen or heard of those myself.

As it was advised earlier in this topic, you should join the global channel of your server (it is either /glff or /globallff depending on your server) and ask there. If you are looking for help here, you simply have to name your server and even better: create a similar topic on the forum of your server.

All instances in the Epic Stories are soloable, even if they come as recommended for a group of players. You mention Angmar and Volume 2 in one sentence and it puzzles me a bit. The whole Volume 2 is taking place in Moria-Lothlorien-Mirkwood. Angmar is a lvl50 area in Eregion. Are you talking about the class quests maybe? If this is the case, you can try to do Urugarth and Carn Dum instances with your friends. 2 hunters and 1 champion are far from an ideal group but you may be able to kill some of the bosses and it is usually very easy to find somebody to join such runs "for deeds".

So if there are any players we can join with or want to do the Erebor instance to help me it would be great.
    It was the endgame instance cluster for level 85, so all the good rewards were for level 85 characters. Of course, Erebor instances are all scaled, but I doubt they will feel as rewarding as they were at lvl85. To do the challenge mode of any scaled instance you have to do it at the level cap which is now lvl95. Does it feel rewarding (in terms of items) with the new loot system? Not at all.
    If your goal is just to see the instances, you can do them at lvl20 solo. The story and look of the instances will be identical to any other level.
    If you really want to try it with an on-level group, it will be very hard to get a group for any level below lvl95 and you have to ask in the forum or global chat of your server.
    Last edited by Lunasa; Mar 12 2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: fixed the mistake regarding lvl75 1st age symbols
    Ishtarien - Captain 105
    Ishtarel - HNT 105 / Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Lunasa - MNS 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Damn guys thanks for al the effort in your answers, i now know what to do.

I was wrong with isengard, not almost done i see now since your answer
    I got all expansions except Helms Deep, My champion friend of level 62 almost finished moria then goes on to mirkwood, and his girlfriend just started Moria (level 50 Hunter)
    For myself now i wil use your advise with the GLFF to get the things done i want to get done.
    First era items is clear to me now, gonna take a while before i get there so it's out of my mind now.
    The issue with Volume 2 is clear now also, totally forgot the inspiration bonus, stupid of me, should know better

I really did not know that erebor is more rewarding to play when 85 due to the rewards, as i said i'm a huge tolkien fan and sometimes i lose myself in middle earth and it's story so i didn't realize this, Thanks! very helpfull answers!!
    Again a fat thank you for the effort in answering my questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    lvl 75 These used to drop in the Tower of Orthank raid before that one was scaled up. They do not drop now.
    ToO hasn't been scaled, so the symbols should still drop from t2/c unless they messed something up with the instances in the past year

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessassassins View Post
    ToO hasn't been scaled, so the symbols should still drop from t2/c unless they messed something up with the instances in the past year
    Ups... you are absolutely right Quite silly of me, and I even did some ToO runs since HD release. In the past I was so upset when the lvl65 symbols disappeared from OD that my feelings affected other old lvl caps as well.

I will edit my post to avoid misleading others.
    Ishtarien - Captain 105
    Ishtarel - HNT 105 / Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Lunasa - MNS 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

A lot of the armour sets can be gotten from the skirm Classic and armour type vendors, too, and a lot of the symbols are available at skirm camps, as well. Pop by a skirmish camp and take a look at what you need to get what you want. Some of it is surprisingly cheap to acquire. Most sets will be useless to you, but your lower level friends will find some decent stuff there.

Just curious - which server are you on? Did I miss that somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by MaestroJack View Post
    Just curious - which server are you on? Did I miss that somewhere?
    From the post, Meneldor probably.

What server are you on? If it is Meneldor you are welcome to join in with Rare Breed's runs (space permitting).
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Officer - Rare Breed Kin)