We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Portraits

Question Portraits

Hello I play LOTRO for more than one year to be explicit location game since 9/25/2010, and I can not change my Portraits, let me explain, I'm on a new server for me and already reached level 35 and still cant change or so releases when I complete one year in the new server (Meneldor)?

OBS: sorry a typo, ;s I used google translator, and I'm sorry again if I posted in the wrong area.

I started LotRO in may of 2012 and i can't change my portrait to anything except for the vip portrait. so I'm having the same problem.
    Lightinthedarkness - 105 warden, Crickhollow

Possible reasons:
    The portrait frames are only available to VIP and Premium players.
    I think you only earn frames during the LOTRO Anniversary Celebration in April, not just as soon as you have been playing one year.
    Just in case you are looking in the wrong spot to change your frame, you need to right-click your portrait, hover over "Custom Character Portraits," and then select a frame.

question, when did the LotRO anniversary end last year? i downloaded lotro on the last day of april and started lotro on the 1st of may. except, it says i started on the 15th of may. i was told that the anniversary festival usually gets extended each year, so i think it would go into early may, and that is when i had started lotro. so why does it say i started on the 15th?

If your account was made before April 2012 you are able to use the 1 year portrait.
    So your account should at least exist one whole year, and then at the next anniversary you can claim a portrait.

so, i have to wait 2 years for my 1 year portrait?

Quote Originally Posted by obi-wan-kenobi View Post
    so, i have to wait 2 years for my 1 year portrait?
    Your account is from May 2012. So in May 2013 your account exists one year.
    The next April after your account exists one year you can claim it.
    In your case April 2014.

./sigh -_-

Hey so I started playing lotro on 2012/08/19 and it's already march of 2014 and until now I don't have the special portrait people get after having an account older than one year. My question now is, am I going to acquire any special portraits or not. The only portrait I can use is the VIP portrait

Quote Originally Posted by brocelli View Post
    Hey so I started playing lotro on 2012/08/19 and it's already march of 2014 and until now I don't have the special portrait people get after having an account older than one year. My question now is, am I going to acquire any special portraits or not. The only portrait I can use is the VIP portrait
    I think you need 1 year playing "as VIP or Premium" for the 1 year portrait, not only 1 year playing lotro.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

it is all about when your account was created. Every year on the anniversary they run a script to see how old your account is at that time. if it isnt old enough. No reward for that tier until next year..

Believe me. It can be frustrating that it isnt a rolling date that credits you when your personal anniversary comes around. I missed the cut off date by exactly 1 week. if they moved it though? Where would it end?

The only alternative would be a rolling anniversary date based on account creation. And thats a pain
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Olgomil, I bought exactly 30 days of VIP time for my account, and could use the VIP frame instantly, together with the Yule festival frame. Please check the facts before you are claiming a different issue.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Char...ortrait_Frames

Greetings, Polymachos
    Last edited by Polymachos; Mar 15 2014 at 11:18 AM.