We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quest: New Arrival in Combe

In order to get this Quest: New Arrival in Combe , and start the Horsing Around Deed you have to have purchased the Riders of Rohan legendary expansion. I didn't buy the Rohan legendary expansion , that being said i would like to have the opportunity to buy the Quest: New Arrival in Combe in the store . I was hoping that i would have been able to get it later in the store but never seen it .

Turbine does not offer many of the legendary version perks for their expansion packs as individual items.

My personal opinion is that Turbine wants our dollars. Turbine only allows customers that are willing to spend the dollars the ability to get the perks. You have to buy the legendary version of the expansion before Turbine permanently discontinues it.

There is some hope that the +10 Quest slots for the fancy version of Helms Deep will eventually populated to the Lotro Store.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine does not offer many of the legendary version perks for their expansion packs as individual items.

My personal opinion is that Turbine wants our dollars. Turbine only allows customers that are willing to spend the dollars the ability to get the perks. You have to buy the legendary version of the expansion before Turbine permanently discontinues it.

There is some hope that the +10 Quest slots for the fancy version of Helms Deep will eventually populated to the Lotro Store.
    I understand and agree it is a great incentive to purchase the legendary version when its released , and i missed out But speaking about spending dollars I would have spent dollars later on to get that added feature or bought more Turbine Points to get it in-game. So for the short term they might have made some extra coin but not adding that as an extra quest in the store they lose out on $$$ in the longer run .I would have spent $$$ buying turbine points to get it , Especially now when there isn't as much to do , it would be a nice little added something extra to do and a bit more $$$ that Turbine would receive from me . Both Turbine and I lose out ,I for not purchasing the Legendary Version of Rohan and Turbine lose of $$$ for not offering that extra quest bundle, a year latter , to the store .

The issue for Turbine with providing these kind of perks as Lotro Store items is the loss of sales for the higher priced packs. There are a number of customers with large stock piles of Turbine Points. Points that they acquired:

1) They are lifers like me. They get 6,000 points a no dollar cost
    2) They are subscribers for other reasons. They get 6,000 point at no additional dollar cost
    3) They bought Turbine Points via one of the big sales. They did not pay many dollars for the Turbine Points.

It only makes economic sense if the dollars earned via additional Turbine Point packs is greater than the loss in dollar sales on the expansion packs.

Now you run into calculation problems. How does Turbine figure out how many extra dollars they earned via Turbine point pack sales in the Lotro Store? How does Turbine figure out how many dollars Turbine did not acquire via sales of the dollar versions of the expansion pack?

There is possibility there is some internal funding issues. The expansion pack gathered dollars have to be clearly defined so that Turbine knows if they are getting good value from the funds and staff assigned to create the expansion packs. Somewhere there are Warner Brothers and Turbine financial folks that oversee the expansion pack process. These folks determined that there would be no 2014 expansion pack. This decision no doubt lead to some Turbine employees being laid off because their services are no longer needed.

The Lotro Store will have its own internal funding issues. They have to prove that Turbine Point pack sales generate enough dollars to pay for the Quarter Masters, other Micro Transaction personnel and the developers are assigned to create Mithril Coin or Lotro Store items.

I have no idea how the tension works between Steam, Turbine web store and Lotro Store - Mithril Coins. Where I work there is considerable competition between the various sales channels and the parts of the company that make products to sell into the same market segment. Once in a while a sale channel or a product with all the associated employees goes away because an internal competitor got a major advantage. Internal service organizations have the same problem. Our local IT department was dismissed because a sister company in California was able to make a case for "we can do it cheaper than the Florida" folks. Our computing center at another company that I worked for was shut down because one of the European centers could do it cheaper even after adding the extra costs for all the data transfers.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The issue for Turbine with providing these kind of perks as Lotro Store items is the loss of sales for the higher priced packs. There are a number of customers with large stock piles of Turbine Points. Points that they acquired:

1) They are lifers like me. They get 6,000 points a no dollar cost
    2) They are subscribers for other reasons. They get 6,000 point at no additional dollar cost
    3) They bought Turbine Points via one of the big sales. They did not pay many dollars for the Turbine Points.

It only makes economic sense if the dollars earned via additional Turbine Point packs is greater than the loss in dollar sales on the expansion packs.

Now you run into calculation problems. How does Turbine figure out how many extra dollars they earned via Turbine point pack sales in the Lotro Store? How does Turbine figure out how many dollars Turbine did not acquire via sales of the dollar versions of the expansion pack?

There is possibility there is some internal funding issues. The expansion pack gathered dollars have to be clearly defined so that Turbine knows if they are getting good value from the funds and staff assigned to create the expansion packs. Somewhere there are Warner Brothers and Turbine financial folks that oversee the expansion pack process. These folks determined that there would be no 2014 expansion pack. This decision no doubt lead to some Turbine employees being laid off because their services are no longer needed.

The Lotro Store will have its own internal funding issues. They have to prove that Turbine Point pack sales generate enough dollars to pay for the Quarter Masters, other Micro Transaction personnel and the developers are assigned to create Mithril Coin or Lotro Store items.

I have no idea how the tension works between Steam, Turbine web store and Lotro Store - Mithril Coins. Where I work there is considerable competition between the various sales channels and the parts of the company that make products to sell into the same market segment. Once in a while a sale channel or a product with all the associated employees goes away because an internal competitor got a major advantage. Internal service organizations have the same problem. Our local IT department was dismissed because a sister company in California was able to make a case for "we can do it cheaper than the Florida" folks. Our computing center at another company that I worked for was shut down because one of the European centers could do it cheaper even after adding the extra costs for all the data transfers.
    Often times I enjoy reading Yula's posts because while he rarely hits the target, he occasionally hits a tree near the one with the target. On this one I'm going to have to admit I'm not sure he's even in the right forest.