We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hytbold is worthless and the reward is nothing

I couldn't believe that I flushed 44 days of my life down the drain only to get NOTHING right at the end. Thanks Turbine. Thanks for nothing.

And yes the armour is nothing to me too. There should have been an end reward. The most boring endgame ever implemented into an MMO yields the biggest nothing ever.

Not reading replies. This is just my feedback to Turbine.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaggz View Post
    I couldn't believe that I flushed 44 days of my life down the drain only to get NOTHING right at the end. Thanks Turbine. Thanks for nothing.

And yes the armour is nothing to me too. There should have been an end reward. The most boring endgame ever implemented into an MMO yields the biggest nothing ever.

Just wondering if you realized: HYTBOLD IS NOT THE ENDGAME FOR HELMS DEEP, IT IS THE LEVEL 85 END GAME. IN OTHER WORDS: IT IS NO LONGER IMPORTANT.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

There is a reward, you get to see Hoytbold complete and you become its Thane. Not that it has any impact on the game.
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 87 Warden, Cneasai - 46 Minstrel, Veneur - 50 Hunter plus alts and mules; Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Yeah, you should probably have been given a lifetime pass to every home Cincinnati Bengals game and a year's supply of Ring-Dings. Something meaningful.

Heh, it is a game. If you're not playing for the fun of playing, but only for the 'tangible' rewards (wut?), you're going to be frustrated most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggz View Post

I suppose it didn't occur to you to check/read the wiki about Hytbold and it's rewards before "flushing". Your end reward was rebuilding Hytbold and becoming Thane.....................Oh, and this is your feedback to the Community at large, expect replies and have the courage to read them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

I agree. I was expecting at least a second age symbol, maybe a first age one even. Or a pile of Hytbold/Riddermark tokens. Or a unique cosmetic thingy. But the titles aren't nothing, and the final instance was kinda cool, to me anyway.

Single post user, I doubt they'll be back. They're the kind of player who has certain expectations and don't bother to do any research to see if their expectations are warranted, then complain when their expectations are not met.

Personally, I liked Hytbold. When my husband and I really got into working on it (after we had done the deeds in each area) we would race each other to the different spots to see which ones had the "fun" quests to do for the dailies. (Harwick, almost always). And laugh at each other when we would go to Snowbourne only to find the dreaded "Guppy" quest Good times.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    Single post user, I doubt they'll be back. They're the kind of player who has certain expectations and don't bother to do any research to see if their expectations are warranted, then complain when their expectations are not met.
    Is it really outrageous to think something that involves so much time and effort would deliver a decent reward?

And yes, games are full of casual players just like him that just want to log in and play the game, not spend their spare time researching it. It's funny how we get all these people who claim the game is aimed at casual players, yet when an actual casual player says what they want, they are insulted and bullied.

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    Is it really outrageous to think something that involves so much time and effort would deliver a decent reward?

And yes, games are full of casual players just like him that just want to log in and play the game, not spend their spare time researching it. It's funny how we get all these people who claim the game is aimed at casual players, yet when an actual casual player says what they want, they are insulted and bullied.
    Being a casual player does not mean you don't spend time outside the game reading forums or the wiki.

As for Hytbold rewards, what more could you want from a solo only grind which was more boring than challenging. You already got the best armor set in game at 85, and even though you didn't need to finish rebuilding the town to get it, I didn't feel there was any need to add rewards. Not that Hytbold had any replay value on other characters anyway
    Underachieving - R8 Burg - Elendilmir
    Warta - R5 Warden // Dolvidhal - R9 Spider // Creeperr - R7 Warg // Uncreative - R5 Reaver - Imladris
    Retired until Turbine starts making quality raids again