We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dual Resource Tracking

As I've had my little hobbit out wearing her feet off gathering ore for her little sister it suddenly occured to me that as much as I've been out (complete mastery) I should, given my vast experience, be able to track both wood and ore at the same time. I came looking for thoughts on this and found a post from 3 years ago about someone wanting this. The thought then was, that it would only affect one vocation. As a suggestion, I would leave the icons separate and make the ability to activate them individually. Maybe even make it a reward for reaching a certain level in both Forestry and Prospecting.

I know there will be bashing. Just please remember this is just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaquinn2 View Post
    As I've had my little hobbit out wearing her feet off gathering ore for her little sister it suddenly occured to me that as much as I've been out (complete mastery) I should, given my vast experience, be able to track both wood and ore at the same time. I came looking for thoughts on this and found a post from 3 years ago about someone wanting this. The thought then was, that it would only affect one vocation. As a suggestion, I would leave the icons separate and make the ability to activate them individually. Maybe even make it a reward for reaching a certain level in both Forestry and Prospecting.

I know there will be bashing. Just please remember this is just a thought!
    This is suggested quite frequently, but I don't blame you not being able to find other ones (it can be tedious).

As for the idea, I'm all for it, and I'd personally even be fine with them adding a TP cost (reasonable) locking it. The only things I have to say is to not forget other dual-harvesting vocations, primarily historian, but also woodsman I believe (farming is their second). I doubt people really use the farming tracker, but the idea is to keep it open for everyone. Also, having heard that they might add the ability to get more than just the 3 skills of the vocation you select (with TP I believe), this would need to be incorporated into that as well.
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

I use the farming tracker on my alt always. Hey, its free food!

I wouldn't put a tp cost to it. I wonder how hard it would be to make it a quest reward for your vocation.....( I need sleep)

Is there any other crafting profession than Explorer, for whom this
    would be useful?

My Historian, for instance, is a Weaponsmith as well as a Scholar, but
    there would be no point in her tracking ore nodes; she couldn't mine
    them.

I now have a handful of low-level Explorers and my practice is to set
    each one to track whatever she's interested in at the moment, and
    look around for any nodes of the other kind that are within line-of-sight.

Fortunately, all my characters have at least Universal Tool Kits, so
    they don't have to switch tools.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Is there any other crafting profession than Explorer, for whom this
    would be useful?
    Explorer, Historian and Woodsman. Burglars have a class tracking skill. A Burglar that is an Explorer has three tracking skills.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.