We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

09-10 March action.

Worlds first mounted combat, ft:Rab. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iWunnjGTT8

~50min fight around Lug. Each video is limited to 15min, so I reckon I managed to capture the two sides of the fight.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-XUp6T0Jc

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-cJPpKy1ik

*Special mention to those I grouped with from ITW and/or other kins. I was very impressed at each players call-outs and team work watching each others back, AND healing/rezzing players out of group as well. Its very rough being a tagger or in a lesser fellowship in these fights, and its great to see players assisting each other. Good work.

yeah this was quite the renown/comfest courtesy of worthless. My group came in looks like 1/2 way through hura disaacs cappy shineonu gemrond luckyme travesty. I rezzed everyone out of combat like 5 meters or so away over and over and over LOL.

Key points is we need to protect minstrels better overall and adress the reaver zerg. I kept seremela up best i could and you to orak. Im gonna work on targeting macros to target heals better to all.

The cappys are pretty great. Hell they tried to zerg luckyme a lot between me/dis cappy heals and bubbles they gave up after awhile they got him 2 times initially but on average we got 8 plus kills or more his 2 deaths.

It seems one of the primary purposes of the rvr video was the potency of reaver's impale and how challenging it is to 'counter' it. I would agree that it does hit a bit too hard (I think roughly 9k for a 4 bleed crit on a typically built reaver is a good spot, compared to say 11-12k right now), but ofc every other reaver skill (besides DS and BT) needs a bump in damage to compensate. Its a good skill, and one of the better mechanics on creepside, with the requirement to stack bleeds, and 1 bleed having a longer cooldown than impale itself (it would be nice if a different skill was the removable wound though, maybe swap mutilation with thrash for this? a 30s CD being instantly nullified by a host of removal options is rather silly, while a 10s cooldown is more reasonable, and allows more counterplay for both sides).

That being said, there is a very simple counter to impale, that EVERY freep is capable of making, that doesn't require specific class makeups (like a yellow cappy, or the others you mention). Since you like hints and figuring things out, your UI setup is hiding what this simple counter is.

As your video of the 3-mans shows however, a reaver's impale isn't really that much of a problem for a group with a healer to handle. You have a reaver and a warg, who will be doing much more dps than a reaver and a BA trying to kill freeps in one situation, and a reaver and BA in the other, with wildy different results.

As to the rest of the videos, I realize goldtaggers and groups joining in is a bit of the reality in the moors, but it really doesn't 'show' what I think you're trying to show. I could only see 2 wls (steve, buckets), 1 defiler (biz), 2 reavers (angaria, elgreco), a BA (gando), and a warg (nirv) in the stainless group, who were the other 2 WLs?

A relatively clean 6v6-12v12 video would be very interesting, though.

also lmfao at the comment above me.

you're welcome to explain why 1 skills dependency on ~3-4 others landing (one of which is curable, another of which is a frontal AoE) is somehow better or even equivalent to good sustainable DPS as is the case with every other DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    you're welcome to explain why 1 skills dependency on ~3-4 others landing (one of which is curable, another of which is a frontal AoE) is somehow better or even equivalent to good sustainable DPS as is the case with every other DPS class.
    Because no one on E understands why or how he does it. Such a successful style usable since MoM and noone does it.

*insert idiotic logical fallacies* and there's your answer.

I repeat

is somehow better or even equivalent to good sustainable DPS as is the case with every other DPS class.
    So when I attack a WL with 75k morale, ill equal a reavers damage by dropping 56k morale after simple prep of ~5seconds. Yup sounds legit.

@Deso: A friend reminded me, dont argue with a fool. Its why when friends tell me about your wall-o-text I cant see it bc of the ignore list has gained a few friends.

Also, a thing you failed to mention and your video failed to show whilst you were giving your speech; was that Barango had just over 14k health.

Whether it was because he's not finished gearing, or has no idea how to gear, the majority of his deaths from burst, was at his own fault.

Also, Stainless had no more than 3 WL's at a time, 2 at several points during that fight.
    Gandolfien - Acta Non Verba

Achmetha/Yewl - Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    I repeat

So when I attack a WL with 75k morale, ill equal a reavers damage by dropping 56k morale after simple prep of ~5seconds. Yup sounds legit.

@Deso: A friend reminded me, dont argue with a fool. Its why when friends tell me about your wall-o-text I cant see it bc of the ignore list has gained a few friends.
    Eh, I gave you the most 'legitimate' feedback thus far. If you want to continue following the logic above, you'll be talking to yourself in no time. Happy trails and all that.

I love it how ignore works so well to filter the trash.

What I love is the sheer awesome grd power on horse how can one miss the battle done in such poetic angelic form from a horse is a sight to behold. lol with tht being said I wish I culd have seen it from my perspective on horseback. to bad I wasn't naked and oiled up for boomie =)