We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

3 Ideas to boost PVP?

1)Catapults
    2)?
    3)?

Don't trust the cats. Our own NPC's have been killing us or years !

And take out the Auto Flips
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b4a57/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

[URL]http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/[/URL]

There is no 2 and 3. Catapults is it. They will be the end all be all fix to pvmp. After 7 years Turbine has never once let us down so I believe they know what they're doing.

In Turbine we trust.

2) a catapult at orc camp that has enough range to kill the bird on the rock.

After the hundreds of threads created by people over the last few years clamoring for catapults, I also believe catapults will fix all that ails the Moors.

1.) Catapults
    2.) More intelligent AI enemies that lead actual NPC raids targeting outposts and strongholds to replace auto-flip. That way it's not a magic swap but an event that people can join into the defense or offense of.
    3.) Balance before anything else. There should be no freep in existence that can take on 5 creeps and live. Here's a list of improvements on that department:
    a.) Create damage type balances and add in some new Creep-only damage types such as Poison for Weavers and Undun for Defilers. Wargs use Fell Wrought, Reavers and Black Arrows and War Leaders use orc craft, and Weavers use poison.
    b.) Balance mitigations for damage types by adjusting tactical/physical mitigation for the various creep damage forms. Something like Mitigations reducing a maximum of 50% of all creep damages, 15% of the special creep damages, and Audacity accounting for an additional 25% reduction in special creep damages max.
    c.) Skill alignment. Loremasters can summon their pets mid-battle, weavers should be able too. All freeps have some form of self healing ability, all creeps should too. Down the line.
    d.) Creep audacity should specifically mitigate light damage as a bonus defense. It's the only method I can think of for balancing Minstrels which can hit for 1/2 of a creep's health with one shout, even if the creep has max audacity. That's just not being fair.
    e.) Give players the ability to get commendations and infamy by aiding in the capture of a base even without the quest for it. Otherwise it gives less reason to actually capture bases and outposts if you already did that particular daily quest.
    f.) After implementing all of this the ettenmoors will be more popular and Turbine can start selling tokens that allow passage to the ettenmoors for a single character. Makes VIP still worth it but also gives the option for free 2 play.
    g.) Oh did I mention that all shadow damage for Creeps should be reverted to fell wrought or orc-craft because shadow damage does something between zip and nada? Well it should.

I have many more but this'll do for now :3
    Last edited by hiddenfate; Mar 07 2014 at 01:25 PM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    1)Catapults
    2)?
    3)?
    2) Let premiums enter the moors.
    3) Revert all the changes which implemented the ridiculous career trees, and put things back to the way they were (you know, back to the state people were familiar with for over six years, and made zero mention of any desire to have the whole career path revamped.)
    Last edited by Aldeld; Mar 07 2014 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfate View Post
    There should be no freep in existence that can take on 5 creeps and live.
    Disagree. 5 greenies at once should be a challenge, but an ultimately winnable confrontation for high-ranked freeps. Five high-ranked creeps is a different story.

_ Balancing : decent damage for weavers, more heals for defilers, creep need some way to avoid the constant roots&stuns, removable grd dots, exemplar cappy trait fixed. I wrote just some specific things, i'm aware that this is a huge topic
    _ Keep revamp : you can spend commendations and quest items to improve your keep : bonuses from the keep, boosting for NPC (number, power,stealth detection etc), doors that need to have all npc killed to be open to prevent ninja, etc. Tyrant\CG need to be harder, with some PvE boss ideas, to avoid tank&spank.
    _ Dof Revamp : we don't need a new map, we have DoF and we need to give reason to freeps and creeps to populate it more than just killing the 3 bosses and go away.
    _ PvP Freeps that works like creeps : you can open a slot for a pvp-only toon that gains skill&items like creeps via rank&comms, you can buy a slot or pay for time of playing with TPs.
    _ Moor Pass : they're working on it.
    _ Disincentive fighting near spawn points : catapults to kill the campers? less gain near spawnpont? huge malus dread-like if you fight near an enemy base? Dunno, but something like that
    _ Small Things : there's a lot of annoying little things that need to be fixed and needs little time compared to the usual requests. freep gv boxes that drops useless things (and maybe something similar for creeps), op cg that resets when have friendly npcs on LOS, backdoor that can be clicked with no cd, autoflip need to be adjusted to prevent 4 autoflip of the same keep in 5 minutes, etc...
    Last edited by AlmericITA; Mar 07 2014 at 12:33 PM.
    [CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

1) PVP Instances 6v6/12man/and 24 man... (Like the instance finder) add an Auto-Disband if a group of 6+ tries exiting the gates for each area (GV/Grams) so basic moors is more inclined for small groups and solos (Making it easier for greenies to map quest/quest group
    2) Corruption removal skills for all creep classes to balance the removal skills freeps all have now, increased mitigations for lower ranks... high ranks should be scary to run across not a blow out when a freep attacks.
    3) Removal of Outposts masteries for both creep and freeps (Change it to comm increase for an OP)

Quit saying catapults and such this isn't the helms deep instances, I don't want trait trees on my creeps!, finish the damage type changes for Defilers/Spiders/WLs ect... common bleeds are garbage and pulse out at 100 Crit if your lucky... give people an increase infamy/renown buff for being Solo in the moors, get rid of the GTA 1v1s... Thats garbage 1v1s... 6 years on here and ever since some idiot came up with that idea the quality of PVP has went downhill!!!! There are no real manners in those 1v1s, freeps all have healing skills, corruption removal skills and freep melee classes heal upon parry/evade, a reaver uses wrath and people complain... THAT is PVP.. I don't fight someone wandering the map without hitting it so people saying its wrong for a reaver to use it in a 1v1 at GTA = they want an easy win!...

3) a dedicated pvp dev or dev team that goes out to the moors and plays/tests each side.

4) separate hot fix patches for the moors - so when they break stuff we don't have to wait six months for it to be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    Disagree. 5 greenies at once should be a challenge, but an ultimately winnable confrontation for high-ranked freeps. Five high-ranked creeps is a different story.
    My bad I meant to say 5 creeps of equal or greater rank. For instance, a rank 5 Guardian shouldn't be able to take on 5 rank 15 creeps and live. Yet I've seen them take on many more and survive.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

1) get rid of the trait trees
    2) make NPCs like they were back in RoR.
    3) remove this yellow cappy trash

Catapults are a bad idea, this is supposed to be a PvP area, how would adding long range nukes improve PvP?
    Meshoot, rank 10 Blackarrow; Hazghnaz, rank 7 Reaver; Blackdingus, r6 Defiler
    Officer of Freepaphiles, Riddermark; Founder of DANCES WITH FREEPS, Gladden
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >:} Memento Mori {:<

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfate View Post
    2.) More intelligent AI enemies that lead actual NPC raids targeting outposts and strongholds to replace auto-flip. That way it's not a magic swap but an event that people can join into the defense or offense of.
    I hear you like lag.
    Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    I hear you like lag.
    Actually the AI is already reactionary so it'd be no more complicated than giving more NPCs timed patrol routes. NPCs aren't player characters, there's no strain from connection, no strain from calculating which player provided which action first based on latency differences, no strain from the over the top particle effects that the player skills generate, no strain from complex player models.......... come to think of it one player character is probably worth 10 or 15 times (likely many times more) what an NPC is in server strain and lag. So a few additional NPCs with timed patrol routes and reactionary AI wouldn't even register a blip.

Besides Turbine needs to work on its level of optimization anyway. So if I make a cool suggestion that'd require them to focus on optimization for a minimum of 30 seconds then maybe that portion of their brain will rebel and force them to mindlessly tweak every aspect of the ettenmoors that can be tweaked . Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy logic has yet to fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    1)Catapults
    2)?
    3)?
    2) Trebuchet
    3) Ballista
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    2) Trebuchet
    3) Ballista
    You forgot Jetpack.