We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

can not log into my account at https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php

Ok so today I logged into the game and saw that the quest givers in the Ettenmoors tell me that I have to wait 5months until i can get their quests again.
    I was kinda surprised as you can imagine. Then I noticed that even though I haven't opened any Hobbit Presents today (still have that icon in my alert bar) it tells me that I have to pay with mithril coins to open them.

Then I decided to try and log into My Account at https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php
    guess what, I couldnt log in...
    Tells me that "The security text you entered is incorrect."
    What security text?? there only is Username and Password..
    I can however log into the forums no problem

Can anyone help me out here? I have no clue whats going on with my account
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

There is not only a username and password, below password is the reCaptcha, that's the security text. The security answer you have to enter is the number combination shown to you, partially written numbers and partially as a pic, type the entire number sequence as shown (pic+written part = 1 number sequence) as the security answer.

reCaptcha is mostly used by companies on the internet to prove that you are a human being and not some program.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankelot View Post
    There is not only a username and password, below password is the reCaptcha, that's the security text. The security answer you have to enter is the number combination shown to you, partially written numbers and partially as a pic, type the entire number sequence as shown (pic+written part = 1 number sequence) as the security answer.

reCaptcha is mostly used by companies on the internet to prove that you are a human being and not some program.
    This is correct. If you do not see the security field, my first guess would be you are running something like NoScript that is blocking it.

As for the in-game oddness, if a restart does not fix it, any chance your computer clock somehow managed to be way off? I don't know if that would affect daily quests and similar, but might be something to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    As for the in-game oddness, if a restart does not fix it, any chance your computer clock somehow managed to be way off? I don't know if that would affect daily quests and similar, but might be something to check.
    If the computer clock is too far off you may have problems with the security certificate and have trouble logging in. Quests and such in-game though have timers that go off the server clock, so what your computer clock says is irrelevant.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    Then I noticed that even though I haven't opened any Hobbit Presents today (still have that icon in my alert bar) it tells me that I have to pay with mithril coins to open them.
    It always looks like that; if you look at the button, however, it will show Open for Free if you have a free present to open, if you don't then it shows a countdown timer until you can claim your next free present.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    If the computer clock is too far off you may have problems with the security certificate and have trouble logging in. Quests and such in-game though have timers that go off the server clock, so what your computer clock says is irrelevant.
    Yes you are right, my computer clock was set to october 6th 2013 for some odd reason i dont really know why... I was already wondering why almost every website told me i need to update security certificates...
    About the quest thing, you are wrong. I tested it and it looks like the cooldown timers depend on your computer clock. (october 6th was 5 months ago, thats exatcly how long the cooldown of the quests was)

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    It always looks like that; if you look at the button, however, it will show Open for Free if you have a free present to open, if you don't then it shows a countdown timer until you can claim your next free present.
    Well, the Icon in my alert bar told me i have free boxes but when i clicked on it i had to pay mithril coins. Considering that I did not open any hobbit presents that day I should have had a free silver at least. After i changed my computer clock back to the actual date i had both silver and gold present free.
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

Glad you got it fixed. I thought I remembered a similar issue years back, but wasn't sure.