We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

State of the Ettenmoors (a Creep's perspective) *Creeps Only Please*

Generally speaking, PvMP is still fun. Never has killing a Freep been more rewarding than it is right now. Does it have it's short-comings? Of course it does. This is LotRO pvp after all. Meaning: it's ftp and those playing for free aren't paying the bills. It's the Freep who pays to pve grind, doing all those Instances over and over so they can get that illusive Win button. I for one am grateful and thank all of them.

If your a Creep and not enjoying the game at this time, I understand but would suggest you step back and see it for what it really is? First off, it really is just a game full of some of the most humorous ironies.
    Example: A Freep logs into Creep OOC and calls me out one morning as I'm doing my morning solitaire thing before heading to work and calls me a PvE'r because I'm killing Norbogs in the vicinity of TA while he and his group were farming a couple of other Creeps in TA. Now this particular Freep was someone of Rank, with all end-game equipment. Someone who has spent countless hours grinding Instances and PvE, who was wanting me to join the other two Low Rank Creeps they were farming inside TA where they had no intentions of actually capturing the Keep but just setting it up to farm renown?

This is just one of many examples of the Freep mentality that is now dominate on our Server. But wait, "Don't hate the Player, Hate the Game". Keep this all in perspective and see it as the funny chit that it is?

If your really a Creep, then you know that you and I would come out and PvP even if there were no rewards. If not for the incentives and shinny things that LotRO offers our wonderful Freeps. There would be no Freeps in the Ettenmoors. The Freeps who actually enjoy PvP are very rare. That's part of the reason I enjoy killing these Freeps so much, because you and I know they hate dieing a whole lot more than we do.

And give Freeps there due? If there is an easier way to obtain these shiny things, then a Freep will find it and Turbine will support it. After all, who's paying the bills? It certainly isn't a Freaver. Freavers are only there so Freeps will have something to farm. Oh, and help us all if a Creep behaves in any other way other than a NPC would behave. Do this and the Nerf hammer comes down immediately. Do I need to give examples of what I mean here?

Again, don't hate the player. Freeps are pve'rs after all and really don't enjoy it when they meet challenges more than our in-game NPC's offer up.

Ok, enough about what I find enjoyable and humorous. Let's talk about some concerns?

There is a serious lack of dedicated Creeps on our Server at the moment. Those of you who know me, know how I enjoy taking new folks around on Map quest, share quest item with them and so on, right?

I've noticed of late that we haven't had a lack of Creeps, just a lack of Ranked ones. I've noticed a lot of New Creeps come on and suddenly disappear.

I actually had a young man admit to me just recently that he and his friends are creating Creeps, doing deeds and such and then deleting and starting over so they can obtain Comms for their Freeps (again, hate the game).

I find it a little disheartening knowing that I've been helping these Freeps and I commend this particular young man for being open and up front about it. Who knows, perhaps we can convert this young-in if his Father doesn't have a cow.

I just wonder, how many aren't open about it and ashamed for whatever reason? Makes me want to question every new Creep I see now.

Will I stop helping Newbies? Nah, I'll just have to risk it.. If your a freep starved for your shiney things bad enough to spoof Old Ronnug into helping you then so be it. As much as I hate Freeps, I don't want to miss out on helping a real Creep.

and yea, flipflopping is still a huge problem but I'll just leave it at that, nuff said. (Pick a side!!)

One last point on the State of the Ettenmoors and I'll climb down off this Soap Box:
    You old timers remember when in the past, someone would box in our PvP and almost all our old leaders would go out of their way not to support the Boxers?

I've witnessed Genbo, Aeons, Val, Ooty, Glee/Didnthurt, Tarvin, Virg, ect.. all go out of their way not to support Boxing on our server. I've seen them move entire Raids back to give the other side free access to the boxers just out of good sportsmanship.
    Turbine supports Boxing even though they admit themselves that is is unsporting. Fighting along side, healing, grouping with or supporting a Boxer is a show of poor sportsmanship just as much as Boxing.

I've heard all the argument supporting boxing but the bottom line is that anytime a single player with multiple low rank and low audacity characters can one or two shot any single High Rank Player then that is exploiting an unfair advantage and at least poor sportsmanship.

I don't care if the boxers are easy renown/infamy for a group of players. The point is, that it isn't one group vs another. I know very well when our High Ranked Characters were Low Ranked that we got One/Two shotted by higher ranked single players. The point is that we ranked through that to earn the right to not have a single player be able to do that to us again.

If someone is actually skilled enough on a keyboard to successfully operate multiple characters and willing to pay for all those accounts, the more power to them in their pve'ing or running solo in the Ettenmoors. However, if they are using any third party program or key binding to get all those characters to function as one. It's simply wrong and shouldn't be supported by our community.

nuff said..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

I havent played ever since that mini hit me for 12k. IMO PvMP is dying, but whatever works for people. Grouping is what the game's about and I prefer soloing. Too bad it doesn't work that way anymore ^^ now its either zerg or get zerged.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

This is cute
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    This is cute
    Hey Freep! Didn't you transfer or something?
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Hey Freep! Didn't you transfer or something?
    No. I don't have $150 to blow on a game. $25 was too much as it was.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

I wonder why the high ranked creeps left.

Nahhhh I'm kidding. I know why. Because when a game gets the kind of loving, caring attention to detail this game receives from it developers, then the Prancing Pony always looks really pretty and everything else just sucks. Put garbage in, get garbage out. And I think most were willing to deal with some of the problems, as long as we could understand why they happened or how they got to that point. But honestly, the new changes are just insane. Damage, health, stats in general have gotten out of control. Scaling is off, balance is gone. And the new system feels like work, not fun. There are only so many times PvP can get screwed before people give up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

I just enjoy fighting (healing those that are fighting, totally counts, right?) in the moors. Lately it's seemed more folks prefer whining in OOC/glff than fighting the person they're complaining about. I still feel kinda bad about my raging in OOC a few days ago, but I still stand by everything I said. Well, everything but telling a few people to delete their toons.

Maybe I'm crazy or biased or whatever, but so far Gladden isn't dead. It's sick, but it ain't dead. We have fun nights and good PVP still. By no means is it every night, but tough noogies. There is action just about every night, there's a lot out on each side nearly every night. Sadly it's usually ranked freeps, some ranked creeps, and a lot of noob creeps. Most nights and lately every day has seen the map flipped blue and Grams camps going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    I wonder why the high ranked creeps left.

Nahhhh I'm kidding. I know why. Because when a game gets the kind of loving, caring attention to detail this game receives from it developers, then the Prancing Pony always looks really pretty and everything else just sucks. Put garbage in, get garbage out. And I think most were willing to deal with some of the problems, as long as we could understand why they happened or how they got to that point. But honestly, the new changes are just insane. Damage, health, stats in general have gotten out of control. Scaling is off, balance is gone. And the new system feels like work, not fun. There are only so many times PvP can get screwed before people give up.
    Haha I can echo this sentiment. I honestly think PvP is more balanced than ever, but creeps are lacking the versatility of freeps (EVERY freep class has the ability to support or dps. Creep classes are locked into their decision and cannot change on the whim), which at a short glance makes it *seem* like creepside is underpowered. The lack of versatility, and players' ways of adapting to it, can get ugly and cause pathetic excuses for "action" on a smaller server.

And clearly Turbine will not be doing anything about it anytime soon. So I'll choose to play other, more entertaining games, until they do. Or LOTRO dies. Either way, other games deserve my money more, something I'm sure Pause can empathize with.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Haha creeps are lacking the versatility of freeps (EVERY freep class has the ability to support or dps. Creep classes are locked into their decision and cannot change on the whim)
    I'm confused.. This sounds like a miss-balance to me?

Also, at least some of us don't pay to win in this game and still enjoy it. Sorry to see you feel like you had to.

I for one appreciate those who do. Otherwise I'd have to pay just to grind away in this or another MMO..

Also, at least some of us don't pay to win in this game and still enjoy it. Sorry to see you feel like you had to.
    I believe Swift was referring to the monthly subscription, not buying TP for consumables/buffs from the store. If you think the monthly subscription is pay to win then have fun playing Mine Sweeper, because games developers/studios generally like to get payed for their work.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

I'm confused.. This sounds like a miss-balance to me?
    .... Allow me to clarify.

Creeps are powerful at doing what they do. They only have one role per class.

Freeps are powerful at doing what they do. They have multiple choices of one role per class, and may choose which role they would like to specialize in.

Ex #1: Wargs. Wargs excel at dps. However, wargs do not have a viable support role.
    Ex #2: Spiders. Spiders excel at CC. However, spiders do not have a viable burst dps role. (And for anyone who would like to whine about spiders, please, stop now before you embarrass yourself. I had started playing my spider again, before my sub ran out, simply to debunk the typical BS about how "spiders are underpowered," and sure enough, I found it to be perfectly viable solo and in group. The only thing they could use more of is finesse, and that goes for creepside in general.)

You pick any creep class, they excel at one thing. You pick any freep class, they excel at one thing (but have 3 different "paths" to choose from).

Versatility is not power, not when you are locked into one role after you have chosen it. A blue line mini cannot dps, just as a reaver cannot support.

Creeps aren't underpowered, QQ more. (Or state that I have a big ego and thus I am wrong, because, you know, ad hominem always makes sense)
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

.... Allow me to clarify.

Creeps are powerful at doing what they do. They only have one role per class.

Freeps are powerful at doing what they do. They have multiple choices of one role per class, and may choose which role they would like to specialize in.

Ex #1: Wargs. Wargs excel at dps. However, wargs do not have a viable support role.
    Ex #2: Spiders. Spiders excel at CC. However, spiders do not have a viable burst dps role. (And for anyone who would like to whine about spiders, please, stop now before you embarrass yourself. I had started playing my spider again, before my sub ran out, simply to debunk the typical BS about how "spiders are underpowered," and sure enough, I found it to be perfectly viable solo and in group. The only thing they could use more of is finesse, and that goes for creepside in general.)

You pick any creep class, they excel at one thing. You pick any freep class, they excel at one thing (but have 3 different "paths" to choose from).

Versatility is not power, not when you are locked into one role after you have chosen it. A blue line mini cannot dps, just as a reaver cannot support.

Creeps aren't underpowered, QQ more. (Or state that I have a big ego and thus I am wrong, because, you know, ad hominem always makes sense)
    Ok, just our of curiosity, let's play a little game?

I know your a skilled player, so let's clone you and have one play creep and one play freep.

Let's say that this is the first time any of these classes step into the Ettenmoors and have no rank and no audacity. Neither class has access to store items and all the keeps and outpost are even.

In a 1v1 with no holds barred, which class will win over the other?

Burg vs Warg -
    Champion vs Reaver -
    Minstrel vs Defiler -
    Lore Master vs Spider -
    Captain vs War Leader -
    Hunter vs BA -
    Warden vs any Creep class -

Let's say that this is the first time any of these classes step into the Ettenmoors and have no rank and no audacity. Neither class has access to store items and all the keeps and outpost are even.

In a 1v1 with no holds barred, which class will win over the other?

Burg vs Warg -
    Champion vs Reaver -
    Minstrel vs Defiler -
    Lore Master vs Spider -
    Captain vs War Leader -
    Hunter vs BA -
    Warden vs any Creep class -
    Lol, the classic class v class argument. Well, just wait a minute. Let's look at what you have to assume first:
    1) No rank
    2) No audacity
    3) No store bought skills
    4) OPs even
    5) It truly is a 1v1 no holds barred, neither player is running

Now. That's quite a list. Never mind the fact that the first two assumptions pass by rather quickly within a week of playing, or a couple weeks if playing less often, but where on earth are you getting the idea that these unranked, no audacity, players are about to fight each other 1v1 no holds barred?

I have never seen a 1v1 between two unranked, 1 audacity, characters out in the moors, so I honestly have absolutely no idea where any of these 1v1s would go.

I have a feeling that the majority of them would result in a win for the freep, but I also note how you interestingly cherry-picked classes. I have also said previously that class v class is a terrible way to evaluate the game, because Turbine's PvP is very rock-paper-scissors based. One class may do extraordinarily well against a certain other class, but terribly against other classes.

I will also note how you interestingly assume that the creep does not buy any store bought skills. Now, this is extremely amusing for me, as someone who runs across shield-bashing r5 WLs and impaling r7 reavers all the time, so allow me to run on a tangent for a bit.

The creeps who TRULY buy ZERO skills are few and far between. Call it what you like, it's available, and people use it. I consider store skills very different from store buffs. Store skills have become part of the game, like it or not. At one point, rank was to creeps as gear was to freeps. Now, rank means nothing for both sides. Battlefield promotions are a negligible bonus once you are past r7, which is easily achievable in a week on most servers, a couple days on some servers.

At one time, the concept for both sides was: Put in the effort, get out power. Creeps, you get more skills/passives to use. Freeps, you get gear/stats to use.

Now, for creepside, it's put in the money, get out power. I see no second age weapons or HD jewelry in the store for freeps. Interesting. Going by your logic, wouldn't creepside technically be more in line with the p2w model?

Finally, my last point. I will now point out the fact that I handily ignored at the beginning of this. You are taking an unranked, non audacity freep against an unranked, non audacity creep. This is already unfair. This is not a balanced fight to begin with. The freep is already level 95, and has already put in significant effort and time into the game. The creep has simply clicked one button to create his character and there he is. You seriously think that creep should be able to fight that freep, and win? Someone who has put no effort into the game should have a significant chance against someone who has put hours, weeks, of effort in, in order to get his character to that point? This game would be even more idiotic than it already is if Turbine's answer was "Sure!"

This may seem imbalanced before you look into the fact that Turbine's PvE and PvP are intricately woven together for freepside. You can't PvP effectively without PvEing beforehand. For creepside, PvE isn't AS relevant, though it works nicely to get you past the first 5 ranks (Interesting! Just like PvE works to gear that freep up to be roughly at the same level as a r5 creep, though you won't have audacity and that r5 creep may have a few ranks of it by now!)

And before you start talking about how it's easy for freeps to just level to 95 and get gear and walk out in the moors, I'd highly encourage you to do just that.

Start a new freep with no gold, try to level to 95 and gear yourself out for the moors within the same amount of time it takes for a creep to rank to r8 (the rank that *really* matters for most creeps) with full audacity. Hint: the creep will easily get there first.

P.S. If you want to talk about truly fair 1v1 fights, I'll take the creep over the freep 70% of the time. Many creeps have a very high chance of winning 1v1s (not your traditional 1v1, a no holds barred 1v1). See "Underpowered Creeps!" a new forum post debuting soon!
    Last edited by Bond007; Mar 10 2014 at 11:46 AM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Lol, the classic class v class argument. Well, just wait a minute. Let's look at what you have to assume first:
    1) No rank
    2) No audacity
    3) No store bought skills
    4) OPs even
    5) It truly is a 1v1 no holds barred, neither player is running

Now. That's quite a list. Never mind the fact that the first two assumptions pass by rather quickly within a week of playing, or a couple weeks if playing less often, but where on earth are you getting the idea that these unranked, no audacity, players are about to fight each other 1v1 no holds barred?

I have never seen a 1v1 between two unranked, 1 audacity, characters out in the moors, so I honestly have absolutely no idea where any of these 1v1s would go.

I have a feeling that the majority of them would result in a win for the freep, but I also note how you interestingly cherry-picked classes. I have also said previously that class v class is a terrible way to evaluate the game, because Turbine's PvP is very rock-paper-scissors based. One class may do extraordinarily well against a certain other class, but terribly against other classes.

I will also note how you interestingly assume that the creep does not buy any store bought skills. Now, this is extremely amusing for me, as someone who runs across shield-bashing r5 WLs and impaling r7 reavers all the time, so allow me to run on a tangent for a bit.

The creeps who TRULY buy ZERO skills are few and far between. Call it what you like, it's available, and people use it. I consider store skills very different from store buffs. Store skills have become part of the game, like it or not. At one point, rank was to creeps as gear was to freeps. Now, rank means nothing for both sides. Battlefield promotions are a negligible bonus once you are past r7, which is easily achievable in a week on most servers, a couple days on some servers.

At one time, the concept for both sides was: Put in the effort, get out power. Creeps, you get more skills/passives to use. Freeps, you get gear/stats to use.

Now, for creepside, it's put in the money, get out power. I see no second age weapons or HD jewelry in the store for freeps. Interesting. Going by your logic, wouldn't creepside technically be more in line with the p2w model?

Finally, my last point. I will now point out the fact that I handily ignored at the beginning of this. You are taking an unranked, non audacity freep against an unranked, non audacity creep. This is already unfair. This is not a balanced fight to begin with. The freep is already level 95, and has already put in significant effort and time into the game. The creep has simply clicked one button to create his character and there he is. You seriously think that creep should be able to fight that freep, and win? Someone who has put no effort into the game should have a significant chance against someone who has put hours, weeks, of effort in, in order to get his character to that point? This game would be even more idiotic than it already is if Turbine's answer was "Sure!"

This may seem imbalanced before you look into the fact that Turbine's PvE and PvP are intricately woven together for freepside. You can't PvP effectively without PvEing beforehand. For creepside, PvE isn't AS relevant, though it works nicely to get you past the first 5 ranks (Interesting! Just like PvE works to gear that freep up to be roughly at the same level as a r5 creep, though you won't have audacity and that r5 creep may have a few ranks of it by now!)

And before you start talking about how it's easy for freeps to just level to 95 and get gear and walk out in the moors, I'd highly encourage you to do just that.

Start a new freep with no gold, try to level to 95 and gear yourself out for the moors within the same amount of time it takes for a creep to rank to r8 (the rank that *really* matters for most creeps) with full audacity. Hint: the creep will easily get there first.

P.S. If you want to talk about truly fair 1v1 fights, I'll take the creep over the freep 70% of the time. Many creeps have a very high chance of winning 1v1s (not your traditional 1v1, a no holds barred 1v1). See "Underpowered Creeps!" a new forum post debuting soon!
    lmao!! That's a lot of dancing to get around the little game I offered up.. but ok, have it your way.. Make them all rank 15 with full audacity and they have all the store bought buffs available.. You think the results might be the same?

Forgive me for trying to offer up a level playing field for both sides because we all know that isn't the case, and we know which side that favors, no matter what rank.. It's like you said, it's paper, sissors, rock with the Freeps having the option of adding a jack hammer to their roll..

But I'll cut you some slack.. I know your relatively new to this game.. I realize this when you challenge me to rank up a freep.. I may have more ranked freeps than you and I havn't played a freep in over two yrs now..

lmao!! That's a lot of dancing to get around the little game I offered up.. but ok, have it your way.. Make them all rank 15 with full audacity and they have all the store bought buffs available.. You think the results might be the same?
    I'd take the creep 70% of the time. Again, I'll emphasize that talking strictly 1v1 is a terrible way to examine this game (partly because of the fact that creeps really do have a significant edge in 1v1s), but even so, me playing a creep vs me playing a freep, if you're throwing dice to pick the classes, not cherry picking rock-paper-scissor scenarios, I'd take the creep 70% of the time. Wait, you said R15? Creep 80% of the time, lol. Not even a close call to being 50/50.

Forgive me for trying to offer up a level playing field for both sides because we all know that isn't the case, and we know which side that favors, no matter what rank.. It's like you said, it's paper, sissors, rock with the Freeps having the option of adding a jack hammer to their roll..
    No. It's not. R0 freep vs R0 creep isn't a level playing field to begin with, not because freeps are OP, but because that freep has to put in lots more effort than the creep to get to where he's at. ...And I literally just finished explaining that. Read it again if you're having trouble wrapping your head around that.

But I'll cut you some slack.. I know your relatively new to this game.. I realize this when you challenge me to rank up a freep.. I may have more ranked freeps than you and I havn't played a freep in over two yrs now..
    I'm a 6-year player. I've been playing since SoA beta. So... no? The current State of the Ettenmoors is like, literally the topic of this thread. Regardless of when you ranked up a freep, you do not currently play a freep, and that is what we are talking about. Thus your opinion carries little weight when it comes to making remarks on how "easy" freeps are to play.
    Last edited by Bond007; Mar 11 2014 at 02:11 AM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

I'd take the creep 70% of the time. Again, I'll emphasize that talking strictly 1v1 is a terrible way to examine this game (partly because of the fact that creeps really do have a significant edge in 1v1s), but even so, me playing a creep vs me playing a freep, if you're throwing dice to pick the classes, not cherry picking rock-paper-scissor scenarios, I'd take the creep 70% of the time. Wait, you said R15? Creep 80% of the time, lol. Not even a close call to being 50/50.

No. It's not. R0 freep vs R0 creep isn't a level playing field to begin with, not because freeps are OP, but because that freep has to put in lots more effort than the creep to get to where he's at. ...And I literally just finished explaining that. Read it again if you're having trouble wrapping your head around that.

I'm a 6-year player. I've been playing since SoA beta. So... no? The current State of the Ettenmoors is like, literally the topic of this thread. Regardless of when you ranked up a freep, you do not currently play a freep, and that is what we are talking about. Thus your opinion carries little weight when it comes to making remarks on how "easy" freeps are to play.
    Oh dear, poor mistreated Freeps!! I havn't done the Freep grind in over a couple of yrs now but do tell me how different it is now than it was two yrs ago? Go here, kill that, go there and collect that, grind this instance over and over dailey, has it changed? After doing these things the first couple of times, just how much skill and effort does it take? Can you not do it with one eye closed and one hand on your mouse?

Are there not Burgs and Cappies in the Moors now that are Rank 7 that were created at the beginning of this last expansion? Sure they had to invest time in the grind and put forth a lot of effort in a short time just so they could play an uber class.

And you yourself pointed out just how Freeps have all these options that Creeps don't have and that's cool, They paid for that right now didn't they? But then again, if you think it's balanced and that Creeps have the edge, then your playing with blinders.

Now let me share a perspective? I am out dailey on my nature walks and I run across a lot of Freeps out soloing. I destroy low ranks and get destroyed by those who are higher rank and skilled. I'm not that great a player. I however, have never run across your Hunter solo anywhere in my travels around the map.
    I however have seen you many times hugging other groups of freeps and boxers, seen you at many a camps. So from my perspective, you seem to be a point hungry, fair weather pvp'r and that's kewl, they pay our bills). I didn't see you out 1v1ing when Duime and Finch were out at the beginning of this last expansion when Freeps were severely underpowered and we Creeps were Overpowered. I don't recall ever seeing you 1v1 back in the Vinner days when 1v1's were actually 1v1's.
    Now I'm not everywhere all the time so I may be mistaken, but from what interactions I've see between you and others, I tend to believe you may isolate yourself and perhaps your perspective is one from your own little island. All your latest threads and post seem to support this theory.

So,"Thus your opinion carries little weight when it comes to" telling us all just how balance in the Ettenmoors is.

Maybe you could park that squishy Hunter and roll a Burg, Warden, Guard or Cappie? Something you can Win with without having to purchase five rolls of store bought buffs?
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Mar 11 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Oh dear, poor mistreated Freeps!! I havn't done the Freep grind in over a couple of yrs now but do tell me how different it is now than it was two yrs ago? Go here, kill that, go there and collect that, grind this instance over and over dailey, has it changed? After doing these things the first couple of times, just how much skill and effort does it take? Can you not do it with one eye closed and one hand on your mouse?

Are there not Burgs and Cappies in the Moors now that are Rank 7 that were created at the beginning of this last expansion? Sure they had to invest time in the grind and put forth a lot of effort in a short time just so they could play an uber class.

And you yourself pointed out just how Freeps have all these options that Creeps don't have and that's cool, They paid for that right now didn't they? But then again, if you think it's balanced and that Creeps have the edge, then your playing with blinders.

Now let me share a perspective? I am out dailey on my nature walks and I run across a lot of Freeps out soloing. I destroy low ranks and get destroyed by those who are higher rank and skilled. I'm not that great a player. I however, have never run across your Hunter solo anywhere in my travels around the map.
    I however have seen you many times hugging other groups of freeps and boxers, seen you at many a camps. So from my perspective, you seem to be a point hungry, fair weather pvp'r and that's kewl, they pay our bills). I didn't see you out 1v1ing when Duime and Finch were out at the beginning of this last expansion when Freeps were severely underpowered and we Creeps were Overpowered. I don't recall ever seeing you 1v1 back in the Vinner days when 1v1's were actually 1v1's.
    Now I'm not everywhere all the time so I may be mistaken, but from what interactions I've see between you and others, I tend to believe you may isolate yourself and perhaps your perspective is one from your own little island. All your latest threads and post seem to support this theory.

So,"Thus your opinion carries little weight when it comes to" telling us all just how balance in the Ettenmoors is.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    There's a good example right now of the imbalance we have on our server.. Nimbwit, Coldfell, and Mazzor are out (2:30pm cst) and while Coldfell and Mazzor are taking a death from time to time, against Me and 6 or 7 low ranked ungrouped Creeps, they are probably getting 5 kills to our 1. To Coldfells and Mazzor's credit, they are pushing npc's and the edge of the envelope but even they will admit, it's pretty OP.

Now of course we know how much Nimbwit hates dieing.. I nearly had him once but he hits his in combat sprint and runs up the side of a hill to a spot just behind TR where I can't hit him and then Coldfell gets the KB.. "rock, paper, scissors", I hit rock and he chose the freep only option and hit "Jack hammer".

These threads are pointless.
    Kerelas-Hunter,Kerebear-Reaver

There's a good example right now of the imbalance we have on our server.. Nimbwit, Coldfell, and Mazzor are out (2:30pm cst) and while Coldfell and Mazzor are taking a death from time to time, against Me and 6 or 7 low ranked ungrouped Creeps, they are probably getting 5 kills to our 1. To Coldfells and Mazzor's credit, they are pushing npc's and the edge of the envelope but even they will admit, it's pretty OP.

You should take into account that in a fight there is more than just skill buttons that determine the outcome of a fight. And that (certainly r12+) freeps have a lot of experience already from PvE and PVP in influencing any fight, using the other aspects of combat, into their advantage. This is why PvP is fun.

1) skill rotation -- Simply put: a good skill rotation can beat the rock-paper-scissor system explained by Swift in previous posts if the opponent uses a bad rotation. Often experienced players have a good skill rotation whereas new people don't.
    2) movement -- Very important in combat. I'll give you an example. As a Loremaster you have many induction skills. Therefore, you want some distance to launch those skills without having to rotate too much. Now, a technique I often use is ronning in 1 direction, then mouse click into other direction. As the reaction time is about 1 second (0,5~ for focussed players), there is about a 5m gap between the 2 players after said manouvre. That second gives you a huge advantage in the fight because you can either do more damage or go for a heal while your induction is not interupted. Every class benefits from using smart movement in combat.
    3) use of environment -- after you've mastered a skill rotation you can put more attention to the surroundings while fighting. Using cliffs as a burglar/spider, hiding behind a tree to avoid ranged attacks, use npcs to make yourself harder to find for opponents, etc.
    4) knowledge of oppononet -- Know what to expect when fighting an opponent. For example: save that wound potion for the reaver bleed, not for the disarm! or don't attack the captain while he has his bubble, try to kite it. It is things like this that you base your movement, rotation and environment usage on. The more you play the more you know.
    5) coordination -- pay attention to your surroundings and anticipate to it. Use that target assist to be more efficient or try to complete the task your groupleader assigned to you.

This is the true imbalance on the server. There are simply more freeps who are using this compared to creeps. Add the fact that creeps on an avarage night have less ranks online than freeps and you have the result of what we see today, which is:
    1) Frequent rants in OOC on both sides
    2) Sportsmanship fading
    3) Less fun playing in the moors (quoting Poppies: "This server is sick")

And freeps can't buy second age weapons, nor HD jewelry, nor class trait points, so... freeps have a limit to "p2w" just as much as creeps do, if you're going to call gearing up through PvE "p2w'ing."

This is bs. You have run into me plenty of times. Maybe 2 weeks ago, was it? When Althorr was talking on creepside, you claimed that "hunters can kill a reaver just fine, Swift has found me solo and has a chance." Or maybe that conveniently slipped your mind, allowing you (just as Clown, Poppies, and other beloved "fair minds" seemed to enjoy doing) to make up bull#### about me as it seems those two revert to doing when they won't deny things I bring up. Whether or not that is really their, or your, intention I don't know, but it certainly seems like it, and it's pathetic. Drama gets started by making up bull####, 99% of the time, so why do people insist on doing it?

I didn't see you out 1v1ing when Duime and Finch were out at the beginning of this last expansion when Freeps were severely underpowered and we Creeps were Overpowered. I don't recall ever seeing you 1v1 back in the Vinner days when 1v1's were actually 1v1's.
    This is also bs. I 1v1'ed regularly without audacity, before 12.1 in HD (When I could 1v1. Most often, I was simply called out as a solo freep and promptly ganked by macro'ing wargs and FOTM MT'ing BAs). I'm not gonna lie, it's irritating, the way people make up things about me. I don't know where you get these "facts" from, but they're ridiculous.

First it was "you don't solo." Now it's "you don't 1v1." Maybe I'm a masochist, but sometimes I wonder why I continue posting and talking with people who insist on tossing out red herrings to shuffle out of an argument. Oh, but you can't be right, because you _________.

This is significantly different than what I did when I said "you cannot make remarks about the current difficulty of freepside, because you don't currently play freepside". I'm not talking about soloing or 1v1'ing. I'm talking about current creepside v freepside in general. So quitcher bitchin' about me not soloing or 1v1ing or (God, what's next. I'm sure people will be accusing me of "YOU ONLY PLAY BURGLAR AND WARG" soon.) because 1) It's not true, and you damn well know that, and 2) It's irrelevant to begin with.

I give you a C+ for the attempted troll. But maybe it's because it's the only way I can refute idiotic claims with hard, visible facts? Also, simple minds tend to wander when they have to read more than a paragraph, so I figured the picture thing would be a better way to interest some of the more childish minds.
    Last edited by Bond007; Mar 11 2014 at 10:08 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Lots of words
    I'm pretty sure up until update 12.1 you were ranking your reaver. If that's inaccurate, please share your plentiful screenshots w/ time stamps.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

I'm pretty sure up until update 12.1 you were ranking your reaver. If that's inaccurate, please share your plentiful screenshots w/ time stamps.
    You got me!

Except for the fact that I DID in fact play my hunter plenty before 12.1

Look at all those names at the GV camp! I can count 1, 2, 3 creeps who regularly moan about being "underpowered" now! How adorable.

Another lie about me, debunked. Care to embarrass yourself further? Please carry on with the ad hominem. I can do this all day baby.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Rofl, I've never made up a thing about you. All I've posted is what I've heard come from your face or read from your fingers. Sadly I don't take oodles of screenies to prove what I say is true because I don't feel the need to. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Rofl, I've never made up a thing about you. All I've posted is what I've heard come from your face or read from your fingers. Sadly I don't take oodles of screenies to prove what I say is true because I don't feel the need to. /shrug
    Would that include or not include the "only time Swift is solo is when there's a group behind him"? Again, only reason I feel the need to post SS's is because people don't want to believe me. They don't believe me, not because they have good reason to, but because they don't want to. Because it would mean that I am *at least* partially right in most of my arguments about the moors. And that would be a terrifying truth to deal with. The horror! I'm not underpowered? Madness!
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast