We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: SoA Kin

SoA Kin

If anyone who is brand new, picked up the game after SoA, or just feeling nostalgic wants to park a character at L50 for a while with a Stone of the Tortoise and experiencing the SoA content on-level, I've created a kin where we can congregate.

Send a /tell to Zylon to join Fifty Shades of Angmar. Once enough people are around and of the appropriate level, we can start thinking of good nights to do 6-and-12-man content:

Rift
    Carn Dum
    Urugarth
    Barad Gularan
    Annuminas
    Helegrod

And this can be a good way for completionists to get all that fellowship stuff out of the way that sometimes takes too much time to get a group for when you just have a couple hours after work to play.

Nobody over L50, and no LIs (you can have 'em, just don't use 'em during group stuff. We're not trying to trivialize content any more than the updates since 2007 already have)

-Dagwyn
    Last edited by Frisco; Apr 04 2014 at 12:31 PM.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Sounds Good. I'd be interested in joining. I'll send you a tell in the next few weeks, i'm in the process of transferring some characters here.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Yay SoA kin....!

I like the idea of this. How is the membership/progress coming? Some co-workers and I are about to roll some new chars on Brandy to level and focus on group content. As a player that experienced Uru for the first time on his Level 90 Guardian looking for class drops... I would like to roll with gear from the original quests/instances/crafting tiers and leave the LI grind for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kire_the_Viking View Post
    I like the idea of this. How is the membership/progress coming? Some co-workers and I are about to roll some new chars on Brandy to level and focus on group content. As a player that experienced Uru for the first time on his Level 90 Guardian looking for class drops... I would like to roll with gear from the original quests/instances/crafting tiers and leave the LI grind for later.
    Going a little slowly--have 4 friends on their way up. Was thinking of trying a little harder to recruit when they got to the late 40s, but I'm happy to invite people now, even if it means pugging a few to run CD or Annuminas stuff instead of jumping right to the Rift. Kin should be hitting R6 next week, so I'm close to having somewhere to store all the L50 class quest stuff that's clogging my vaults.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

I have a lvl gated 50 LM if you need him.

Thumbs up SoA Kin...

Hopefully we'll launch in game this Tuesday. The idea behind this group is to have a regular party of 5-6 weekly that is mostly for group content with leveling stops to enjoy group content on level... Barrows in the 20's, Skirms on the way, Garth Argawen at 30's, Fornost at 40's, etc. Started picking classes yesterday.

In fact one of guys is returning to LOTRO for this group after a long absence on Silverlode. We discovered that some of his gear was SoA Rift gear from when he raided back in the original SoA days. Glad he was able to dust that captain off. Deadly combo - Yellow Champ/Blue Captain

Hopefully we'll launch in game this Tuesday. The idea behind this group is to have a regular party of 5-6 weekly that is mostly for group content with leveling stops to enjoy group content on level... Barrows in the 20's, Skirms on the way, Garth Argawen at 30's, Fornost at 40's, etc. Started picking classes yesterday.

In fact one of guys is returning to LOTRO for this group after a long absence on Silverlode. We discovered that some of his gear was SoA Rift gear from when he raided back in the original SoA days. Glad he was able to dust that captain off. Deadly combo - Yellow Champ/Blue Captain
    Well, if you'd like to join up, do a /who for Fifty Shades and let me know. If you have ideas about how you'd like a group like this to run, I'm not really set on any specifics other than not using LIs for group stuff. I just wanted to create a space where people could do L50 content, whether permanently or just as a stop-off on their way to cap. I have a dozen characters sitting at L20, as well, and am happy to lock some in to GB or GA levels if we have enough people wanting to do that stuff.

You're welcome, as well, Rugongrod. If you find yourself wanting to do some L50 content with other L50s, even occasionally, and you want to have a few other like-minded folk at your disposal, hop aboard.

Level 50 Content

Just curious, how long does a Rift run take on level in "retro" gear? I've heard varying reports of 1-4 hours depending on group.

FYI - There's a group on Elendilmir called The Raiders of the Lost Content that have a site up for a level 50 SoA raid group, if you're looking for ideas or just curious.

Rift was definitely at least a 2-hour affair. But it still has locks, so it need not be done in 1 chunk. And I'm not beyond soloing it on my 95s to get locks to a particular boss if it ever comes down to it. If we grow to 12 people any can only manage to get together once a week, we can't just do Barz and Zurm forever.

I just came back from a year+ hiatus and would love to join up! I've played on Landroval since the game came out, and started a toon on BW when I started back because I wanted to "start all over again" and not be tempted to twink him to the gills with my other toons lol. I miss the grouping coming up thru the levels and would love to do some of the old group content, GA, Fornost, etc, in a group again. I was actually gonna look for a old world progression kin or maybe start one if there weren't any. I currently have a 21 hunter, Cherak, I'll be looking you guys up this weekend hopefully

Tugg - retro group

Tugg, there is a group that I run with on Tuesday night about 7:30 PM CST that is running about that level. Look for Karvalot or Karvegar.

Tugg, there is a group that I run with on Tuesday night about 7:30 PM CST that is running about that level. Look for Karvalot or Karvegar.
    I have a level 20 that I would like to run group stuff with. I will look you up in game and try to make this Tuesday.

How is Fifty Shades of Angmar doing these days? I've been doing SoA endgame runs with Raiders of the Lost Content over on Elendilmir, but we've had population problems these last couple of months. I do have a low level character on Brandywine (and all of my 95s to support him with crafting as needed), so I could join you guys if you're still active and schedules are compatible. Didn't see anyone online just now, and google can't find any kin web page.

I'm on the US west coast, so all the years I've played this game have proven that the only time I can ever group is on weekends. My primary kin on Brandywine seems to have forgotten this lesson and isn't doing anything relevant on weekends anymore, so I don't log in to LOTRO much these days. Would be nice to have something to do again, if you guys are still active and schedule Rift runs on Saturday evenings (or afternoons, or Sundays, whatever). My lowbie is only level 22 so it would take me a couple weeks or so to catch up to 50.

Tangentially, if anyone knows of a kin that still runs level 95 content (BG, OD, Helegrod, skraids) on weekends these days, I'd be interested to know of it.

you guys still around? doing lvl 50 non scalable instances on level would be fun

Friday night Angmar Fights

The last in-game update I saw on the Kin (it's been a while since I've been able to log in) said we had a few more folks up to 50... 4 or so and were starting to look for good nights to run content. I plan on getting in-game Friday night to see what's going in since my Tuesday night crew kinda fizzled.