We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lvl 50 class quests

I applied the Gift of the Valar to a loremaster but the game did not give me any information about where or how to pick up the lvl 50 class quests. The wiki happened to be down and a quick search of the forums did not yield an answer so I opened a ticket. I had the same problem with a couple of other classes that were new to me and in those cases the GMs responded by helping me find the NPCs I needed to talk to. However, today a GM responded to my LM problem by simply closing the ticket with the canned message that GMs don't help with quests. I wish Turbine would weed out the GMs that don't want to do their jobs so that when we do open a ticket we would have a positive experience. I know many other people have discussed the quality issues with contacting GMs so I assume that Turbine will take steps to address the problem.

My personal opinion.

Game Masters do not help with the vast majority of quests. Somewhere there is a little book that lists which quests the Game Masters are allowed to help with. What help can be provided. In this case, it is training issue. The Game Master does not know the level 50 class quests are in that book. Or did not understand that your issue is that you could not start your level 50 class quest. Thought is was only of vast majority of quests they do not help with.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

iirc, the lvl (45/50) class quest now gets automatically bestowed upon hitting lvl 45. So, if you've used the Gift of the Valar and haven't received the quest, I'd say to make sure you're automatically accepting automatic quests then level up to 51 and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    iirc, the lvl (45/50) class quest now gets automatically bestowed upon hitting lvl 45. So, if you've used the Gift of the Valar and haven't received the quest, I'd say to make sure you're automatically accepting automatic quests then level up to 51 and see if that works.
    This seems to be a known issue. With other GMs I have been advised to bug this, and other people have posted on the forums that GMs have advised them to bug this. I seem to recall getting a mail advisory when leveling up other characters which would have been helpful in this case.

I believe the problem is that the auto bestow only occurs when you hit level 45. Characters that use the 'Gift of Valar' jump over level 45 to go to level 50. Therefore, the quest is never bestowed.

A completely different behavior than some other auto bestow quest that demand attention every time you log in.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

So if you don't accept the auto-bestow quest, can you not pick it up manually from your class trainer?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    So if you don't accept the auto-bestow quest, can you not pick it up manually from your class trainer?
    the problem is you do not get an auto-bestowed quest, nor does the class trainer know anything about it. You have no information that would lead you to find the NPC that bestows the quest, and you can do a lot of running around before you stumble across the correct NPC. You are also not informed about some of the lower level class quests you skip over by taking the Gift of the Valar. I bugged this problem in December and I know others have bugged it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragnosis View Post
    the problem is you do not get an auto-bestowed quest, nor does the class trainer know anything about it. You have no information that would lead you to find the NPC that bestows the quest, and you can do a lot of running around before you stumble across the correct NPC. You are also not informed about some of the lower level class quests you skip over by taking the Gift of the Valar. I bugged this problem in December and I know others have bugged it as well.
    Well if that NPC is your class trainer, it's not so bad. If it's the class-specific NPC that's scattered somewhere around the starter areas, that would be annoying. I've done all class quests for all classes, and I don't remember any of them longer than a month or so after doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I've done all class quests for all classes, and I don't remember any of them longer than a month or so after doing them.
    I doubt the concern is about the fun of doing the quest, but that they're required for having access to all of the possible Class Trait Points.

lvl 15 and 30 Class quests contribute to the 8 Meta Deeds. lvl 45/50 and 58 Class quests each give a Class Trait Point.

@OP, I again recommend you level up to 51 and see if that helps.

I doubt the concern is about the fun of doing the quest, but that they're required for having access to all of the possible Class Trait Points.

lvl 15 and 30 Class quests contribute to the 8 Meta Deeds. lvl 45/50 and 58 Class quests each give a Class Trait Point.

@OP, I again recommend you level up to 51 and see if that helps.
    That wasn't my point--my point was that if someone had to find these obscure NPCs, they may have trouble finding someone who remembers their name and where they go. If it's the class trainer, however, that's exactly where I'd advise someone to check. Going to a class trainer to pick up class quests is intuitive. Though I haven't had this problem, so I still don't know if you can pick the quest up from the trainer if you do not accept the auto-bestowed class quests.

I haven't had a level 50 Character in a LONG time. However, look for some books that might be for sale on the class trainer. That used to initiate the quests. If they are not there, then I am totally lost. Good luck

Tosaf
    Tosaf, Founder Covenant Knights, Guardian,

Quote Originally Posted by Tosaf View Post
    I haven't had a level 50 Character in a LONG time. However, look for some books that might be for sale on the class trainer. That used to initiate the quests. If they are not there, then I am totally lost. Good luck
    You're thinking of the lvl 39 lost pages Deeds, which you buy items from class trainers, talk to NPC's in Rivendell, then kill humanoids in Angmar, Eregion, Forochel, Misty Mountains and Moria to find the pages.

The lvl 45/50 Class quests is where you have 2 quests that each have 3 parts, one to kill specific mobs in various zones, then collecting minor (landscape) and major (bosses of Carn Dum and Urugarth) Class Quest Drops.

I've never had a problem with this with characters I've leveled up, but have had it with every character I've taken the Gift of the Valar for. No autobestowed quest, the class trainer knows nothing about it so you can't get the quest from the trainer, no mail notice, nothing. I recall from experience that a hunter picks up the lvl 50 quests from an NPC in Archet that is not a class trainer and who is at the hunting lodge outside of town. If I had rolled an elf hunter I might have no idea there is a hunting lodge outside of Archet. It turns out that for a LM there is an NPC in Edhelion for the lvl 50 class quests, but for the lower one (30) you talk to an elf in an out of the way place in Duillond. For a guardian I think the lvl 50 guy is in Nogland, and he is not a trainer. And so it goes. No information is provided about the lvl 50 quests nor for some of the lower level class quests, and the class trainers know nothing. Some of us have bugged this so perhaps someday it will get fixed. I find it funny that I can log on to characters that have been dormant and they have announcements about festivals from last year, but something that is important to a character's development is ignored for those who take the GIft of the Valar.

You're thinking of the lvl 39 lost pages Deeds, which you buy items from class trainers, talk to NPC's in Rivendell, then kill humanoids in Angmar, Eregion, Forochel, Misty Mountains and Moria to find the pages.

The lvl 45/50 Class quests is where you have 2 quests that each have 3 parts, one to kill specific mobs in various zones, then collecting minor (landscape) and major (bosses of Carn Dum and Urugarth) Class Quest Drops.
    Yep, you are correct. I always finished them at the same time due to the collection of minor class quest drops. Like I said, its been a LONG time.
    Tosaf, Founder Covenant Knights, Guardian,

Isdi is at the ruins of Edhelion, on the slopes above Thorin's Hall, in Ered Luin.

You have been told to speak with the lore-master Isdi, for she may have some wise words to share with you.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Sorry for the slight thread necro - but has anyone else noticed that the quests themselves have changed? I've just leveled my guard to 45 and went through the class quests for the first time since the trait trees came in, and noticed that all the Carn Dum/Urugarth trophies and gorthorog horns and whatnot that I saved up from my higher levels no longer are required. Instead, I now needed to go kill the elite boar and some goblins in Angmar and do a few things in the Misty Mountains. Is this just guardian quests or is it for all classes?
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    Sorry for the slight thread necro - but has anyone else noticed that the quests themselves have changed? I've just leveled my guard to 45 and went through the class quests for the first time since the trait trees came in, and noticed that all the Carn Dum/Urugarth trophies and gorthorog horns and whatnot that I saved up from my higher levels no longer are required. Instead, I now needed to go kill the elite boar and some goblins in Angmar and do a few things in the Misty Mountains. Is this just guardian quests or is it for all classes?
    The items from Urugarth and Carn Dum are in the final steps of the quest line if I remember correctly.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

The latter part of the quest is given after you killed the required mobs. Unless this has changed?
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

I just completed these on one of my characters, and the quests are still the same. First part is droppables that you have to get yourself, second is the critter parts that you can buy from skirmish or just get from someone else, third is the slime/emblem/insignia etc.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Hmm, you guys appear to be right. The descriptions have just changed a bit. Sorry for the confusion!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Oh boy has it been some time for me for these as well. My vague memory is that you talk to the trainer, who sent you to a specific NPC, one for each class. From that NPC, you have a multiple part chain. First some mobs that were not in Angmar and some in Angmar, then off to get drops from Urugarth/Carn Dum bosses. These items are not bound, so you could buy them at the AH and at a later point, you could barter for them using Marks and Medallions at the Skirmish Camp vendor, Curiosities, I think.

Anyway, I've collected these items over the years and have some in storage. I've tried to sell some at fire-sale prices (just above the vendor low-ball) and they didn't sell. If anyone in or out of my kinship needs them, I am happy to give them away.

If the Helm's Deep changes broke that, it needs a ./bug report.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Oh I hate those things. I have a cappy, a burg, and a hunter all getting close to 45. I absolutely dread this part of the game because of the slime and the other items at the end. It's either getting a group together or spending marks on something I'd rather spend on something I want.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Oh I hate those things. I have a cappy, a burg, and a hunter all getting close to 45. I absolutely dread this part of the game because of the slime and the other items at the end. It's either getting a group together or spending marks on something I'd rather spend on something I want.
    The cost in marks has been reduced since these items first showed up at the skirmish vendor. I've been levelling a new LM over the last couple of months. I used a 95 Hunter to grab some of the slug bubbles and worm eyes. The CD & Uru items were fairly cheap at the skirmish vendor. I've made back the marks several times oveer turning in Anniversary Steel coins.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    The cost in marks has been reduced since these items first showed up at the skirmish vendor. I've been levelling a new LM over the last couple of months. I used a 95 Hunter to grab some of the slug bubbles and worm eyes. The CD & Uru items were fairly cheap at the skirmish vendor. I've made back the marks several times oveer turning in Anniversary Steel coins.
    That's good to know. Thanks!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Btw. getting those items out of Urugarth and Carn Dum has become easier since every member in the group gets one. You do't have to run it X times hoping for luck.
    On the other hand side: there are many deeds in those instances and for a Lvl 95 it is rather easy to do solo
    Alt-o-holic on two Worlds:
    Usually playing on Gwaihir and enjoying Landroval.
    HakunaMatata

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast