We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

forums.lotro.com: This webpage is not available

Almost since the game and forums launched, I have been able to get to the main forums page by typing: forums.lotro.com into the search bar. But for the last week or so, it no longer works. I get: This webpage is not available.

What happened?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000016824/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundungas View Post
    Almost since the game and forums launched, I have been able to get to the main forums page by typing: forums.lotro.com into the search bar. But for the last week or so, it no longer works. I get: This webpage is not available.

What happened?
    That link is for the old forum site. It used to be a redirect link, but is now disabled. You can still use www.lotro.com/forums
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    That link is for the old forum site. It used to be a redirect link, but is now disabled. You can still use www.lotro.com/forums
    Yeah, I found that out a couple of days ago.

("Why are the forums STILL down?")

I finally resorted to Google and found the new link.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

forums.lotro.com was just an old DNS entry left behind that should probably have been cleaned up when they launched the new website in 2013, but someone forgot.

It's been lotro.com/forums since 2013 or so, you just got lucky a sysadmin didn't delete the DNS record until recently.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.