We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why can't I purchase limited war-steed cosmetics for later? Is there a way to?

I really want the bone set war steed cosmetics, and I'll get to that level eventually (I own all the expansions and I'm VIP) but I'm kind of surprised the lotro store won't let me purchase them and just save it for later. Is there a way around this? I'm trying to give turbine my money but they don't seem to want it

It is the fundamental design of the Lotro Store. You can only buy stuff that you can use currently. It may have something to do with the "All Sales are Final. No Refunds!" policy.

You are VIP. You going to drop to Premium in a few days. You can't buy VIP rental quest packs. You have to wait until after you are Premium. You might miss out on the attractive sales price.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Gotcha! That makes sense for the quest packs (since they're always there), but I'm sort of surprised it also applies to limited items that I want to spend money on too. No way around it, then?

Quote Originally Posted by oohhyesjess View Post
    Gotcha! That makes sense for the quest packs (since they're always there), but I'm sort of surprised it also applies to limited items that I want to spend money on too. No way around it, then?
    I would contact Support (phone might be best for time-sensitivity) and see if any exceptions can be made for items that are only around for a limited time. I very much doubt they will be able to make the change for you to buy it yourself in the Store, but there may be workarounds. If not, hey, at least you gave it a shot and let them know why they might have just lost a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by oohhyesjess View Post
    I really want the bone set war steed cosmetics, and I'll get to that level eventually (I own all the expansions and I'm VIP) but I'm kind of surprised the lotro store won't let me purchase them and just save it for later. Is there a way around this? I'm trying to give turbine my money but they don't seem to want it
    Buy the cosmetics, you don't need to be able to use it now. If you buy them and click on the cosmetics when you are able to finally get a Warsteed they will automatically be there. I have done this alot on my warsteed for alts who aren't up there yet. I bought my hunter the Steed of the Hunter at lvl 8, and a few Warsteed ONLY cosmetic purchases and consumed them to get the passive trait. When I reached lvl 75 an got my warsteed they were right there for me to use in the WS panel.

The mind twists and bends to shake the horrors of life
    The mind, keeping it's sanity, bends so far that it snaps in two.