We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minor issue but major annoyance.

I recently reinstalled the game on a much more capable machine. My problem lies in the key mapping. I reassigned a few keys for quality of life issues and they work fine, until I close the game and come back. Everything is reset. I am praying this is just a simple fix as changing the hot keys every time I come into game is a pain.

Any solution?
    Holding on by the last hair on the dwarfs beard.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    Make sure your C: drive isn't full (or whichever drive contains your "My Documents" folder). Make sure you have permissions to write to that folder and the "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder it contains. You aren't running LOTRO as Administrator, are you?

The problems you describe can happen when the game can't write inside its preferences folder. Keybinding changes won't be saved, plugin data and configuration won't be saved, etc.
    I have changed the Lord of the rings folder away from read only. Any other issues with running as an admin? There is only one user on the computer, and I am listed as admin besides my name. This hasn't seemed to fix the issue sadly.
    Last edited by Artanisul; Mar 05 2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Artanisul View Post
    I have changed the Lord of the rings folder away from read only. Any other issues with running as an admin? There is only one user on the computer, and I am listed as admin besides my name. This hasn't seemed to fix the issue sadly.
    By run as admin, people mean that you should right-click the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". Even if you are an administratot on the machine, this can still make a difference since things are not generally run in that mode. I have not seen this problem in a while, but it is certainly something to try.

As for the file location, the keymap file is usually stored in your Documents folder. That is, I think, where any changes would be stored. I don't know why that file would not update correctly, but it does sound like a problem with writing your changes.

Good luck.

Is this Windows 8? I believe you can be an admin on 8 and still have issues, as you aren't a full admin automatically except under the default admin account, but you'll want to check that, as I haven't looked at that in a while.

Possibly of some help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670/en-us
    How to enable the default administrator account
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ows-8-1-issues

Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Mar 05 2014 at 06:56 PM.

I am on windows 7. It seems as if Lotro itself did not have permission to write to the whole Documents folder. I corrected that and now all is well. I greatly appreciate the assistance/time you all took to look into and or contemplate my issue! Thanks all!