We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question [Suggestion] Commendations, new engine and more..

The Commendations
    Ability to buy the Commendations in the store!
    Examples:

• 10 Turbine Points for 100 Commendations
    • 50 Turbine Points for 350 Commendations
    • 100 Turbine Points for 500 Commendations
    • 150 Turbine Points for 750 Commendations
    • 250 Turbine Points for 1.200 Commendations
    • 450 Turbine Points for 1.500 Commendations
    • 650 Turbine Points for 1.700 Commendations
    • 750 Turbine Points for 2.000 Commendations
    • 850 Turbine Points for 2.500 Commendations
    • 925 Turbine Points for 2.700 Commendations
    • 1.000 Turbine Points for 3.000 Commendatios

Ability to unlock higher Commendations cap in the store! (Free for VIPs)
    Examples:

• 550 Turbine Points for +5.000 cap (15.000) (You can buy this twice)
    • 1.000 Turbine Points for +10.000 cap (20.000) (You can buy this once)

Since much things what cost Commendations are pretty expensive, this might help a bit.
    I mean, 500 Commendations for a single corruption trait...? And 7,500 For an appearance? I find that too expensive if you're bad at killing and have done every map quest. But that's my opinion.
    The engine
    If Turbine has the money for it etc, maybe they could buy a new engine. It would be cool to see Lotro suddenly change into the graphics of Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.
    But my plan's different. Lotro won't change, there will be Lotro II. It's the same as this game, but with much beter quality and stuff.
    This prevents people leaving this game because of the better graphics that their video cards can't run.
    At last portrait frames:
    I'd really appreciate it, if Turbine could make the Monster Players earn new portraits for ranking and rating.
    Right now, the Rating does nothing else than giving the killer more infamy. But we can change that...:
    Monster Players:
    At Rank 5 - 7: Elite Frame
    If
    the Rating is at or above 1,250 then: Rare Elite Frame

At Rank 8 - 10: Elite-Master frame
    If
    the Rating is at or above 1,350 then: Rare Elite-Master Frame

At Rank 11 - 13: Nemesis Frame
    If
    the Rating is at or above 1,500 then: Rare Nemesis Frame

At Rank 14 - 15: Arch-Nemesis Frame
    If the Rating is at or above 1,600 then: Rare Arch-Nemesis Frame

Idk if freeps would get them, because freeps already have event frames. But if you'd still like that as well, just type it in the comments

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by SlopranoDark; Mar 03 2014 at 02:45 PM.

I would be fine with the suggestion for TP conversion to Commendations, and increase cap, only if the armor sets were locked behind at least rank 2 for Freeps. You seem to have tailored this idea mainly to creeps, but to my understanding, creeps can buy most traits/skills with TP already. Since commendations are Account-bound, this would give a way for Freeps to get basically the only level-cap set armor for only money. If there was a rank lock behind Freep gear, all of it, then I wouldn't have a problem with this, because it could bring in more income for relatively cheap changes/additions I'd expect (I only mean Commendations, not the other subjects). My opinion on the matter. I don't PvMP very often, so I don't know how others would feel, but I am just bringing out a big issue I see.

The engine I have no idea about, but I know it wouldn't be as easy as just having the money to do so. Graphics improvements are often welcomed, as long as they don't worsen lag, which seems to be a specifically big problem in the moors already.

I like the idea of portrait frames, and it's been suggested before. Not sure how the Rare part would work if you could only get it under certain conditions, once.
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1 View Post
    I would be fine with the suggestion for TP conversion to Commendations, and increase cap, only if the armor sets were locked behind at least rank 2 for Freeps. You seem to have tailored this idea mainly to creeps, but to my understanding, creeps can buy most traits/skills with TP already. Since commendations are Account-bound, this would give a way for Freeps to get basically the only level-cap set armor for only money. If there was a rank lock behind Freep gear, all of it, then I wouldn't have a problem with this, because it could bring in more income for relatively cheap changes/additions I'd expect (I only mean Commendations, not the other subjects). My opinion on the matter. I don't PvMP very often, so I don't know how others would feel, but I am just bringing out a big issue I see.

The engine I have no idea about, but I know it wouldn't be as easy as just having the money to do so. Graphics improvements are often welcomed, as long as they don't worsen lag, which seems to be a specifically big problem in the moors already.

I like the idea of portrait frames, and it's been suggested before. Not sure how the Rare part would work if you could only get it under certain conditions, once.
    1. That's kinda an issue indeed.. But I guess we can find another way around, I'm not sure what yet though...
    2. Also true, but that's why I said like a second version of the game. Lotro II.
    3. I also really would like to see it in-game. The rare part, will be like this:
    When you have the elite-master portrait, and your rating is below 1,350 you'll just have the normal one. Once you reach that, or above it'll change to rare. Same for all the other frames.

Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by SlopranoDark; Mar 04 2014 at 01:17 AM.

I think that the portrait frames being attached to rating would created a mentality of starhugging to save your rating. But it would be good to see alot of that stuff happen.

Question Quest Cooldowns...

I just thought of another suggestion:

Quest cooldowns:
    Well, the cooldowns are ridiculous. 24 Hours for only one quests.
    These 2 things came up in myself with some help from MPers on Vilya:

• Quests cooldowns back to 2 - 4 hours.

It's very annoying to wait, when you've done a quest, that long.
    I need to wait until the next day until I can continue. I can't
    even continue in the morning! I still have to wait 1 hour and 52 minutes.
    And that's school time! So I'm only able to complete quests after school.
    And after school I don't have much time left... Even the simpliest
    quests take very long. (Such as: Poisoning the Hoardale)

• Some quests without cooldown.

This might sound ridiculous as well, but if the thing above is not possible
    I'd suggest this. This makes it easier when you have done every quest,
    to still gain some more infamy/commendations.
    I also thought of this:

• More Commendations as reward for quests.

A pretty long time ago, you'd get 50 - 100 Commendations every quest.
    I'd like this back.

• Quest rewards depending on how hard it was.

If the quest is pretty tough (Such as Capture an Outpost, Killing a CG etc.)
    You'll get more Commendations and Infamy than normally.
    If it's easier (Such as Poisoning the Hoardale) You'll get less.
    I know, this is already implemented. But this should be combined with some
    of above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddrildun View Post
    I think that the portrait frames being attached to rating would created a mentality of starhugging to save your rating. But it would be good to see alot of that stuff happen.
    What if it's attached to killing blows or kills? Or kill/death rating?

i like all these ideas....except....no Lotro 2....just upgrade this one if you made a second one friends would leave for other one and it would split the population in 2...no need

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    i like all these ideas....except....no Lotro 2....just upgrade this one if you made a second one friends would leave for other one and it would split the population in 2...no need
    That's a good point there sir.

I like the thought of a new engine for the game, but there is no need for a lotro 2. Bring the game down for maybe a month, implement the new hardware in the servers [as in the new engine] and incrementally ramp up the graphics so they compare with any new mmo while hopefully keeping lag to a minimum. I actually don't think too much needs to be done on the graphics front, so if they had a new engine they wouldn't have to go overboard, make lotro a bit more shiny, make the whole world feel alive and versatile and your on to a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemslove View Post
    I like the thought of a new engine for the game, but there is no need for a lotro 2. Bring the game down for maybe a month, implement the new hardware in the servers [as in the new engine] and incrementally ramp up the graphics so they compare with any new mmo while hopefully keeping lag to a minimum. I actually don't think too much needs to be done on the graphics front, so if they had a new engine they wouldn't have to go overboard, make lotro a bit more shiny, make the whole world feel alive and versatile and your on to a winner.

Okay thanks for your reply

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I can answer part of this, though not in a way you want to hear.

New Engine.
    A total non-starter. The same for a new graphics engine. What you're really asking for is a complete, ground up, rewrite of every inch of land, every quest, every instance, every script, every animation, every piece of art, every last thing about the game. That's not an upgrade, it's a new game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    The engine
    If Turbine has the money for it etc, maybe they could buy a new engine. It would be cool to see Lotro suddenly change into the graphics of Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.
    But my plan's different. Lotro won't change, there will be Lotro II. It's the same as this game, but with much beter quality and stuff.
    This prevents people leaving this game because of the better graphics that their video cards can't run.

They have the money for it, really??? They don't even have the cash to do raids & you expect them to get a new engine.

Hey Turbine get out that magic wand

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

New Engine.
    A total non-starter. The same for a new graphics engine. What you're really asking for is a complete, ground up, rewrite of every inch of land, every quest, every instance, every script, every animation, every piece of art, every last thing about the game. That's not an upgrade, it's a new game entirely.
    Okay, thanks for the reply. But what do you think of the other idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    They have the money for it, really??? They don't even have the cash to do raids & you expect them to get a new engine.

Hey Turbine get out that magic wand
    I said "If" But thanks for your reply.

Personally, I think it's a great set of ideas - with two notes:

(1) No way that (as others have said) that they're going to do that sort of engine rework at this point, considering the dev layoffs and whatnot. You and I may want it, but I want $40 million tax free in my bank account, and that isn't happening either.
    (2) Knocking down coolldown time for quests that much is probably a non-starter because - well, it would put a serious crimp in the more casual player, and there'
    s more of them. I agree that a reduction is in the best case for the game...

Me, I like the rest of the ideas a lot - also would like something to be able to do with all the Gold I've piled up. As a R8 warg, with like 200 Gold in my 'pocket', I have nothing I can really use it *for*. Exchange it for something useful....

Shirleytemple the Cute, Warg about town/moors/what have you

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

New Engine.
    So, your saying LOTRO2 is in the works. I read ya!

The Commendations
    Examples:

10 Turbine Points for 100 Commendations
    50 Turbine Points for 350 Commendations
    100 Turbine Points for 500 Commendations
    150 Turbine Points for 750 Commendations
    250 Turbine Points for 1.200 Commendations
    450 Turbine Points for 1.500 Commendations
    650 Turbine Points for 1.700 Commendations
    750 Turbine Points for 2.000 Commendations
    850 Turbine Points for 2.500 Commendations
    925 Turbine Points for 2.700 Commendations
    1.000 Turbine Points for 3.000 Commendatios

LOL shutup

The Commendations
    Examples:

• 10 Turbine Points for 100 Commendations
    • 50 Turbine Points for 350 Commendations
    • 100 Turbine Points for 500 Commendations
    • 150 Turbine Points for 750 Commendations
    • 250 Turbine Points for 1.200 Commendations
    • 450 Turbine Points for 1.500 Commendations
    • 650 Turbine Points for 1.700 Commendations
    • 750 Turbine Points for 2.000 Commendations
    • 850 Turbine Points for 2.500 Commendations
    • 925 Turbine Points for 2.700 Commendations
    • 1.000 Turbine Points for 3.000 Commendatios

Just need to point out the fact that this makes no financial sense at all. Why spend 1,000tp on 3,000 Comms when you can spend 100 x 10TP (also 1000tp) and get 10,000 Comms.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgorth View Post
    Just need to point out the fact that this makes no financial sense at all. Why spend 1,000tp on 3,000 Comms when you can spend 100 x 10TP (also 1000tp) and get 10,000 Comms.[/INDENT]
    True, but i really thought about that... But we can do it like this if you wish.

True, but i really thought about that... But we can do it like this if you wish.
    I'm having a bit of trouble following the thought process then.

But more fundamental: I think buying commies for TP is too much pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble following the thought process then.

But more fundamental: I think buying commies for TP is too much pay to win.
    I guess this whole game is p2w already. But okay.

But it's still very hard to get them, atleast when you're not good at fighting freeps/creeps and not good at completing quests and stuff...
    Last edited by SlopranoDark; Mar 10 2014 at 11:05 AM.

Question Could any admin lock this topic?

Nobody's replying anymore and I've made a better one. Thanks!