We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Always happy to help.

Two of my characters just completed their transfers using Turbine Points. From start to finish was almost exactly two days. Thank you to Turbine Customer Support for the speedy turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdblue View Post
    With this new transfer system we will no longer be able to accept Turbine Points for payment of character transfers. As of right now, we will still allow players to submit requests for transfers through the support website and choose Turbine Points as a payment method. This option will only remain available for a very limited time, and may be removed at any time. If you would like to use your Turbine Points to transfer a character, please submit the request ASAP.
    I don't suppose you can give any more detail than "very limited time"? I think a lot of players will be very upset if the TP-for-transfer option disappears with just this incredibly obscure and well-hidden announcement to warn us. I didn't see this until it was mentioned in a General Discussion thread earlier today, for example - this really should be in the Announcements section at the very top of the forum, not buried in Account Support so far at the bottom of the forum that hardly anyone reads it... My sincere thanks to Vexendynamus for drawing more attention to it!

I'll get my remaining transfer requests in as soon as I can, but that will be this weekend at best. I had not planned on executing these transfers until U13 at the earliest (the exact timing was to be "as soon as emerald shards are available in the skirmish camp", whenever that may be), so I've got quite a lot of inventory management to deal with all of a sudden to get everyone transfer-ready.

In case player feedback is welcome or relevant, I'll link my argument for why the change to the transfer process was a terrible idea here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    Two of my characters just completed their transfers using Turbine Points. From start to finish was almost exactly two days. Thank you to Turbine Customer Support for the speedy turnaround.
    Happy to help! We're doing our best to get to these requests, but I do expect that some players will have a longer wait time than 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    I don't suppose you can give any more detail than "very limited time"? I think a lot of players will be very upset if the TP-for-transfer option disappears with just this incredibly obscure and well-hidden announcement to warn us. I didn't see this until it was mentioned in a General Discussion thread earlier today, for example - this really should be in the Announcements section at the very top of the forum, not buried in Account Support so far at the bottom of the forum that hardly anyone reads it... My sincere thanks to Vexendynamus for drawing more attention to it!

I'll get my remaining transfer requests in as soon as I can, but that will be this weekend at best. I had not planned on executing these transfers until U13 at the earliest (the exact timing was to be "as soon as emerald shards are available in the skirmish camp", whenever that may be), so I've got quite a lot of inventory management to deal with all of a sudden to get everyone transfer-ready.

In case player feedback is welcome or relevant, I'll link my argument for why the change to the transfer process was a terrible idea here.
    Your feedback is always welcome and relevant! I definitely understand the concerns with the Turbine Point option going away and we are paying close attention to it.

As far as a more detailed answer as to when the manual transfers will be deactivated, this is likely to occur some time next week so please make sure to get your requests in ASAP if you would like to use Turbine Points. Any request that is entered before the manual transfers are removed will be honored. Additionally, I will make sure to post to give everyone at least 24 hours to get in their final requests before we remove the manual transfers.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Friday. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @lotro

was gonna check this out ... but when I went to the auto transfer page it said I had no characters on the particular server to be able to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by JReesey View Post
    was gonna check this out ... but when I went to the auto transfer page it said I had no characters on the particular server to be able to transfer
    Perhaps like a few others you keep a separate account for forums?
    Other than that, I can't think of anything other than the sometimes not functional database-to-forums link - which seems to have been the reason for lotteries going away.

If the character transfer system is now automated why is the price so high?

Why not make the cost of these tokens say 500 or 1000 TP?

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Perhaps like a few others you keep a separate account for forums?
    Other than that, I can't think of anything other than the sometimes not functional database-to-forums link - which seems to have been the reason for lotteries going away.
    Same thing happened to me and I do not have a separate account. Sent a ticket to customer support going to take for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RetNavy2001 View Post
    Same thing happened to me and I do not have a separate account. Sent a ticket to customer support going to take for ever.
    I have the same issues, and I don't have a separate account too.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeny View Post
    I have the same issues, and I don't have a separate account too.
    Same issue here it doesn't recognize any of my toons on any server via the website.I put in a ticket and was told to make sure my info was for the right account...I only have one so I knew it was...was told to make sure I use internet explorer or firefox (I used google chrome).I tried both but the same result,or lack there of.I got responded to on Twitter that it's an issue with several people,they're looking into it,and will update me when it's fixed :/ if I had known my xfer would take days i would've just spared myself the $25 and used TP,just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying an automated transfer.

A large number of my characters are not listed by the copy service. I can only suspect that they're using some kind of 'recent activity' metric. You might want to try logging in the characters you wish to copy, closing down your client and see if that makes them appear. No idea how frequently they update that list of available characters though.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    A large number of my characters are not listed by the copy service. I can only suspect that they're using some kind of 'recent activity' metric. You might want to try logging in the characters you wish to copy, closing down your client and see if that makes them appear. No idea how frequently they update that list of available characters though.
    My captain is my main toon and it doesn't show up nor does my main 3 defilers I played daily.The website doesn't recognize i have any toons on any server via the drop menu and this has gone on 2 days now.I've used 3 different browsers.Deleted my cookies.Logged in and out of game on both servers.Deleted my lowbie captain on the server I'm xferring too.Anything suggested by tech support and on this thread and nada.

We are currently investigating reports of players not seeing their characters when trying to submit a transfer request. ^CN
    From Twitter. Lets hope they fix it ASAP.

Sorry to hear some of you are not seeing your characters when trying to submit the transfer request. We are currently investigating this issue, and will post in this thread when we have more information.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyMcGee View Post
    if I had known my xfer would take days i would've just spared myself the $25 and used TP,just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying an automated transfer.
    For what it's worth, the old-style transfers paid with TP are going amazingly fast. I put in two on Saturday and one yesterday, and two of them (presumably from Sat., though I haven't actually checked the ticket numbers) have already gone through.

trying to transfer one of my toons but says its not on the server what do I do?

How long is char transfer being unactive? I bought a token, because it was faster than TP option, but if I have to wait days for the transfer I would rather prefer to use TP option. So any ETA?

So if I used the tp method, does it still take place with a short period of time or do i still have to wait 1-2 weeks?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iano12 View Post
    So if I used the tp method, does it still take place with a short period of time or do i still have to wait 1-2 weeks?

Thanks.
    It depends on how you define "short period of time" it seems transfers with TP take around 2-4 days, while the tokens take about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    It depends on how you define "short period of time" it seems transfers with TP take around 2-4 days, while the tokens take about 5 minutes.
    Well i'm happy with that, as long as it isnt 1-2 weeks

We're working to get to all the transfer requests as soon as possible. Currently, we have been able to process them faster than the 1 to 2 week quoted time, but that could change so plan on a delay when putting in those requests.

Also, I want to make sure everyone is aware as I posted here we do plan to deactivate the manual service in the next day or so. This means now is your last chance to get in your request for a transfer using Turbine Points, so make sure to get in those requests as soon as possible!
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Friday. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @lotro

One of my character automated transfers failed I was given refund as turbine is still trying to resolve the issue. Would I be able to transfer that character to the world I want him to be with the manual transfer, regardless that the automated transfer failed or the manual transfer will fail too?

Well if we now have to pay actual money for a transfer request, you could at least let us transfer skirmish currencies and destiny points... I'm Really disappointed. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    VIPs actually lose a sort of perk, as they may no longer accumulate monthly stipends and use those points for a transfer.

I am in the middle of transferring many characters across four accounts and this change actually makes it about 20% more expensive.

I expected a lower price as a means to retain group oriented players on servers with declining grouping populations. Perhaps, instead, they hope the allure of instant gratification will turn this service into a profit center. With games like RIFT offering the same service for free, I wonder if that will work.
    The problem likely rests with the Life-time account holders. I am one. I rarely play anymore, but as I still log in semi-regularly... I still get the benefits.

Lifers are a cash drain. They were once a cash boon on investment; but we're outlived our time and now we are dragging the rest of you down.

I agree with almost everything in this Thread. It's a cash grab and a shallow one at that. To admit you found an 'automated solution but still charging the same rate' (while other games can do same thing for little or nothing?!)

Figure they have the charge bit bucks to make up the promises they made to folks like me...who pay nothing.

If you are a US player- you could look at like it is with US economy or Auto-Industry as it was... until lifers are made to pay a monthly fee again... basic consumer/VIP will always have to pay full price plus some.

You want a better deal... the Dev/Manufacturer has to reneg on the deal they made with Lifers (in the US for this example you'd call us the retirees or pension owners)...

The symmetry is obvious.

Sucks- that's life.

I wanted an asked for an Account Transfer... to move all 9 of my toons from one server to another... and a wanted to do it for a fair price... (ie not 9x individual price).

Seems they still haven't heard me... oh well; I'll keep being a drain on resources... I'll keep making the rest of us pay big bucks while I pay none.

Don't blame me... blame Dev/Marketer for honoring their commitment. (And if it was you had made the deal... would you be eager for the vendor to reneg?!)

Sucks- that's life.!

Dear Turbine Customer Support,

Can you please give us a clear deadline on the transfer between EU and US server?

It's been more than 6 month that we are waiting for any feedback on this topic, I am an account holder in US but my characters are in an EU server I would like to transfer then to a US server but no possibility to do so and no date on when this will be available again.

Please let us know as soon as you can the activation of this service.

much appreciated

Pretty sure it has been stated multiple times that transfers between EU and US servers are not really being planned, due to technical limitations (database differences??). So I wouldn't hold your breath

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast