We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Automated Character Transfers now available

Citizens of Middle-earth,

We are pleased to announce that as of today, Monday, March 3rd, automated character transfers are available to all players for both Free People and Monsters. This is something you have been requesting for some time, and we are very excited to have the service ready for you now!

Character transfers will now be processed with Transfer Tokens. These tokens can be purchased through our LOTRO Market website. Once you have a Transfer Token added to your account, it can be used to transfer your character here. The transfer will be processed very quickly, so that you will never be late, and you’ll arrive precisely when you mean to. Please be sure that you are not logged into the game when you transfer your character.

With this new transfer system we will no longer be able to accept Turbine Points for payment of character transfers. As of right now, we will still allow players to submit requests for transfers through the support website and choose Turbine Points as a payment method. This option will only remain available for a very limited time, and may be removed at any time. If you would like to use your Turbine Points to transfer a character, please submit the request ASAP.

Due to technical limitations, we are still unable to transfer characters between former European and North American servers. For more details regarding the transfer process, click here.

We will be following up via email with all players who have currently pending transfer requests.

We hope you are as excited as we are about this new service offering. If you have any questions, please let us know!

-Coldblue
    Last edited by TheColdblue; Mar 03 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Contact us on Twitter @lotro

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdblue View Post

Due to technical limitations, we are still unable to transfer characters between former European and North American servers.

But is it planned ?

Crono.
    Crono - www.loupsardents.com

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono_Poingdefeu View Post
    But is it planned ?

Crono.
    As noted previously, no. There are no plans. The technical issues prevent it.

If i sent a ticket about 2 weeks ago, and requested to pay with turbine points, can i get the request processed and pay with turbine points, in the mail it says that turbine points are no longer offered as a payment method so im not sure wat i have to do to get my transfer, im NOT spending more money on this.

In the mail, it also says you can reply to the email if you wish to proceed with using Turbine Points. However, it also states this will take between 1-2 weeks. I already waited over a week, so I've just gone with the automated route.
    It says less than 5 minutes until it completes... it's been saying that the last 45 minutes.

However, if you prefer to use Turbine Points as you requested, we will be happy to manually process your request. Please reply to this message and we can process your request using Turbine points. Please note as this is a manual process completion may take 1 to 2 weeks.

Interesting. With the manual system, one could purchase a $60 US Turbine Point package during a Double Bonus Points weekend, then use the 8,850 Turbine Points for almost three character transfers, yielding an average cost of approximately $20.50 per transfer. Under the new and less labor intensive system, $69.95 / 3 = $23.32 per transfer and $134.95 / 6 = $22.49 per transfer. Thus, for bargain hunting players, the price actually went up!

If a player purchases multiple tokens can they be applied to multiple accounts?

Will the store offer periodic sales on character transfer tokens? (Obviously, this would drive the price down for bargain hunters and negate my initial observation.)

Thumbs up

Great job guys

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzi View Post
    It says less than 5 minutes until it completes... it's been saying that the last 45 minutes.
    Same thing happened to me! Then I realized I already had a monster character on the server I was trying to transfer to that was the same class as the one I was transferring from. I deleted the monster character on the destination server, and then it went through.
    [LEFT][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v5SYjps_xD4/UgLOIJtQ0KI/AAAAAAAAVKc/hZxOQMDkoP4/s800/sig-lotro3.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]

My transfer failed. I made sure to delete any monster player with that class before attempting the transfer. I wonder if it is because this character used to reside on this server in the past?

I also note that it has taken my transfer token, told me the transfer failed, and has not returned a token to me. -_- Time to contact support and wait weeks to get my transfer through.
    Last edited by Fezzi; Mar 03 2014 at 02:56 PM.

I am happy we finally have this, however I am disappointed with the price. At least give VIPs some kind of discount!

The price should not be the same given there is no person needed now to do the transfer.

Thank you guys for your feedback so far. We will look into the estimated wait times to make sure they are accurate as possible.

The tokens you purchase cannot be applied or transferred to other accounts so make sure to purchase the bundle you plan to use on that username.

With regards to if your transfer fails, we are aware that currently your token is not restored, however Customer Service is notified and will look into the issue with the transfer. If we cannot get the transfer to go through, you will receive a full refund for the purchase. There's no need to contact us, we will contact you!

We have a close eye on the transfers and are going to be doing our best to get back to you guys as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColdblue View Post
    With regards to if your transfer fails, we are aware that currently your token is not restored, however Customer Service is notified and will look into the issue with the transfer. If we cannot get the transfer to go through, you will receive a full refund for the purchase. There's no need to contact us, we will contact you!
    Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    I am happy we finally have this, however I am disappointed with the price. At least give VIPs some kind of discount!

The price should not be the same given there is no person needed now to do the transfer.
    VIPs actually lose a sort of perk, as they may no longer accumulate monthly stipends and use those points for a transfer.

I am in the middle of transferring many characters across four accounts and this change actually makes it about 20% more expensive.

I expected a lower price as a means to retain group oriented players on servers with declining grouping populations. Perhaps, instead, they hope the allure of instant gratification will turn this service into a profit center. With games like RIFT offering the same service for free, I wonder if that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    VIPs actually lose a sort of perk, as they may no longer accumulate monthly stipends and use those points for a transfer.

I am in the middle of transferring many characters across four accounts and this change actually makes it about 20% more expensive.

I expected a lower price as a means to retain group oriented players on servers with declining grouping populations. Perhaps, instead, they hope the allure of instant gratification will turn this service into a profit center. With games like RIFT offering the same service for free, I wonder if that will work.
    Have to agree with this. Back when some tech person had to put your char on a flash drive and plug it into the new server, some sort of premium price seemed justified (i realize it didn't actually work that way, but you get the picture). Charging the same $25 for a now automated service that used to require manual input seems like a pretty lame cash grab attempt. Particularly when yet another move has been made to devalue TP in favor of yet ANOTHER currency system. What Happened to making VIPs feel VIP or whatever it was the producer's letter was promising? Typical move from turbine at this point, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

That being said I of course had an xfer waiting to go through and now that its been canceled I will be putting it through the new system. Of course this pretty much means I'll also never use the system again and all accrued points will now be going towards any future xpacs that may or may not ever surface.

my character transfer was in process for like almost an hour and then it said it failed.

Charging that much for an automated process is the equivalent of renting out rotary phones. I predict player council being blamed but hey, we are getting catapults so all good.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Do Transfer Tokens expire? Can we purchase Transfer Tokens now with TP while that option is still available and keep them until we desire to use them at some point months or even years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Do Transfer Tokens expire? Can we purchase Transfer Tokens now with TP while that option is still available and keep them until we desire to use them at some point months or even years from now?
    Tokens expire? idk but they can't be traded.

Purchase Transfer tokens with TP: afaik, using TPs is ONLY an option for people that had transfers in the pipeline at the time of this automated rollout. If you don't meet that requirement, tokens can only be purchased with real money.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    Charging that much for an automated process is the equivalent of renting out rotary phones. I predict player council being blamed but hey, we are getting catapults so all good.
    You cannot lay everything that goes wrong at the player council. We don't even know if they had any conversations about this. Even if they happen to & suggested a different price, that doesn't guarantee Turbine is gonna go with it. Turbine doesn't have to listen to anything the player council says if they choose too.

Just because there's a player council, that doesn't guarantee your gonna see the changes you want.

You cannot lay everything that goes wrong at the player council. We don't even know if they had any conversations about this. Even if they happen to & suggested a different price, that doesn't guarantee Turbine is gonna go with it. Turbine doesn't have to listen to anything the player council says if they choose too.

Just because there's a player council, that doesn't guarantee your gonna see the changes you want.
    Rosey, read my post a little more closely and with tongue in cheek. I wasn't laying blame on the council for this. I was "suggesting" that the player council might be blamed, given the "transparency" and open relationship they have with Turbine. This isn't a player council fault, this is the way Turbine has defined the relationship. It just makes them an easy target for Turbine to deflect any unpopular decision making...just as they did when the quick travel to quest give cost were raised to 5 mithril coins.

Let's keep this thread on track guys.

With regards to purchasing with Turbine Points, you can still submit a new ticket to CS for us to manually process for a little while longer through support.turbine.com. Right now you cannot purchase a Transfer Token with Turbine Points.

Tokens should not expire.

well.... i had a transfer waiting and then got an email about this, i was not happy, but when i get it all done WOW! 2mins and it was done, much better then wait from 1-2 weeks, nice work!
    Ratkill-Warleader-Rank 15
    Legion Of Lost Souls-Officer [Evennight]

Just wanted to say that I am thrilled with how seamless and speedy this now is...I play with two others and we had transfers pending on three accounts and so far it has worked extremely well on two of those. It felt very empowering to make it happen. The pending transfers using TP were honored, and on the others we had already decided to spend the money (would have spent more playing a new game, which we did not want to do)...anyhow, thanks a million for making this possible. We are really very pleased. Nice to have the guesswork taken out of it and delighted it worked so very well.

is anyone else having trouble buying the tokens as i have tried all day today and it still comes up with ERROR problem with this request have sent a ticket but still no-one got back to me,so was just checking here.
    Thanks Ian

I just submitted two transfers using Turbine Points on two different accounts. The last such transfer took 5 days, but I expect these to take a few weeks. I will submit two more transfers on two more accounts tomorrow, as I must move houses to different characters. Once those all go through, I will buy a bunch of tokens and see how that goes. I really wish they had done this with Mithril Coins and offered a viable bulk option.
    Last edited by Vexendynamus; Mar 04 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Fixed a small typo.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast