We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

After world select - Initializing... - and File manager pops up with

I've done a clean install of windows on my computer. Unrelated to Lotro. I'm trying to start up Lotro for the first time and does the download check, the screen to select my world comes up. I chose a world. Initializing appears in the window that world select was - and Windows explorer - the file manager one not the internet browser - pops up open to my lord of the rings folder with a gold ring in the very top left corner with the words "Where is the game client executable?" as if it wants me to navagate to where the client executable is??

Does Lotro now need to be actually installed once? Previously I've always just saved an up to date copy of the game on another drive and copied it over and launched it after installing windows.

Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

If that doesn't fix your issue then also download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

If that doesn't fix your issue then also download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1.
    Thanks - but it said I had a more recent version already on the machine. I actually thought it might be something like this when I realized that even though windows had spent 2 hours yesterday downloading and installing 160 files/updates that it was no where near done. Seems Microsoft in order to not try the patience of people likes to dole out the updates. Also it is probably that some need be installed before others can be.

What ever the reason I spent a few more hours updating today but I had to go to windows update tell it to search for updates, have it install them, reboot and manually go back to windows update. Which was still there when I'd log back on but it would show 'no new updates available. But if I closed it and re-opened it and had it search again. Bingo. New updates available. I had to do this about 10 times before finally I found no more.

Then I tried starting Lotro again. Feeling that this would have fixed it. Sadly this was not the case.

edit - oh shoot ... somehow I did not see the - if that does not work try Microsoft visual C++ 2005 service pack. this is actually the one I needed. man I have to learn to finish reading things and not just jump at the first.
    Last edited by Gandie2; Mar 03 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Did you execute TurbineRegisterGDF 1st?
    "The Great Down Time of 2013" - Insanesoul