We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coldplayvivi View Post
    Prey on the weak will deal additional damage ,but it's never crit, and also guardian's bleeding crit chance is much lower as purposed, So it's not about RNG problem
    However you are right, I wouldn't exclude the RNG problem... it is Turbine we are talking about: good at landscape, nice ideas, poor implementation. Also they stealth-adjust drop changes regurarly so since it's turbine, wouldn't surprise me if they "accidentally" adjusted something else And they are also famous for braking things, then claiming it's WAI ending up fixing it in the end, presenting it as "a new idea to improve" the class

47.3secs on a champion
    Last edited by Dodam; Oct 08 2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Dodain(champion), Dodathil(captain), Dodam(minstrel), Dodamned(reaver), Dodoomed(black Arrow)

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post

I reckon hunters can get 22k at least with some crit/proc luck.
    My build ain't perfect yet either.
    Follow-up parse to prove my point above xD. Quite lucky with procs (5 HS procs) and dev luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    Follow-up parse to prove my point above xD. Quite lucky with procs (5 HS procs) and dev luck.
    45s is pretty impressive burst DPS. What are you getting on BR now?

Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    45s is pretty impressive burst DPS. What are you getting on BR now?
    Only tried once in blue line and got 36k dps. Friend of mine got even more and 40k could probably be reached.
    Not liking the bullroarer changes at all though, atm on live you're rotation has to be somewhat thought out to get good dps ( (if hunter dps could be qualified as good on live xD), while on BR you just spam a few skills and get good dps.

23 seconds exactly my best time so far for blue hunter (43K DPS) but I only got 1 single HS reset and 30% crits. I know I can do bit better. (Dev value was high though).

The burst DPS is impressive for hunter and while red is crazy I believe blue has a higher potential with perfect rotations and luck. Unless you got seriously lucky red with HS reset every focus skill and killed it in under 20.

Sustained DPS still needs some work. It's sometimes better than RK for 1-2 Min but overall RK is still just so solid.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Oct 22 2016 at 02:44 PM.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

After seeing that 23 second burst I have to wonder what Turbine were thinking with that buff haha Creeps must be raging, was that with Bain and Burnout swappies?

I managed a 30k DPS parse on Burglar in his T2 build which was quite nice and lucky but I needed positional sadly.

I thought 25k Warden and RK parses were broken xD

Quote Originally Posted by CornWollis View Post
    After seeing that 23 second burst I have to wonder what Turbine were thinking with that buff haha Creeps must be raging, was that with Bain and Burnout swappies?

I managed a 30k DPS parse on Burglar in his T2 build which was quite nice and lucky but I needed positional sadly.

I thought 25k Warden and RK parses were broken xD
    RK still has impressive DPS over hunter sustained in T2 in some situation but hunter burst is for sure great right now and better than RK for 40-50 second fights (bird gothmog)

I'll also note the combination of baingrist 5% dev chance and hunter dev potion is a large addition to my dps I'm sure. But like I said I think I could push towards 45+ with a ton of luck. We'll see though maybe not.

I can sustain my highest DPS until about 50 seconds then it begins to drop a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post

23 seconds exactly my best time so far for blue hunter (43K DPS) but I only got 1 single HS reset and 30% crits. I know I can do bit better. (Dev value was high though).

The burst DPS is impressive for hunter and while red is crazy I believe blue has a higher potential with perfect rotations and luck. Unless you got seriously lucky red with HS reset every focus skill and killed it in under 20.

Sustained DPS still needs some work. It's sometimes better than RK for 1-2 Min but overall RK is still just so solid.
    I don't know what's more impressive, that burst damage or the fact that anyone still uses PB.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Did another today, almost beat it such low crit. Dev was like 20 though. Still want one with luck HS reset and higher crit to see full potential.

New record today, 47K dps 20.7 seconds. Was sooo bad though, didnt hit rapid fire/dev pot until 15 seconds 36% crit 18% dev.

Won't post again until over 50 Need to pop cd's faster and get some rng luck lol.

I enjoy doing turtle on my hunter and RK, its like my daily but without loot.

New record today, 47K dps 20.7 seconds. Was sooo bad though, didnt hit rapid fire/dev pot until 15 seconds 36% crit 18% dev.

Won't post again until over 50 Need to pop cd's faster and get some rng luck lol.

I enjoy doing turtle on my hunter and RK, its like my daily but without loot.

I'm curious to know what your mastery is at, and what your blue trait tree looks like. Also whats your rotation, I assume tiering up barrage to three and then prioritizing that? I went in today with 117k mastery, kinda ####ed up with barrage partway through but got 28k dps with bad crits and only 1 hs reset. I think ill get a decent amout higher tomorrow but wondering where that 20k gap is coming from.
    Last edited by Darathor; Oct 25 2016 at 03:33 PM.
    Bondamar

Quote Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
    I'm curious to know what your mastery is at, and what your blue trait tree looks like. Also whats your rotation, I assume tiering up barrage to three and then prioritizing that? I went in today with 117k mastery, kinda ####ed up with barrage partway through but got 28k dps with bad crits and only 1 hs reset. I think ill get a decent amout higher tomorrow but wondering where that 20k gap is coming from.
    My build is not glass cannon right now, have some robusts, a morale and a phys mit with 3x finesse so I have 113k ish mastery
    My bow I use agility and induction dmg/multiplier + focus multiplier, HS, and evade modifier (I took out swift bow and all quick shot legacies)

1 - Pop Baingrist
    2 - Burn hot with swappy old set for multiplier and bow damage
    3 - Focus buff, walk in heartseeker + barrage + blood arrow + barrage + penshot + barrage
    4 - Ideally swift bow to maintain high focus from volley shortly after
    5 - Dev pot right away to maintain high focus and get dev magnitude (if i wanted a highest parse a would pop this right off the get go for a 20 second parse but yeah)
    6 - As soon as you use rapid fire you can use merc shot with barrage rotation. Blood arrow every time its up. Use HS resets right away when you get them.

To play blueline well have to think fast on your feet, I am parsing insane numbers in T2 instances for short periods but my long parses for 2 min++ are slowing down so I need to work on managing focus after burning pot, intent and rapid fire. I've been toying with keeping up barbed arrow to maintain focus as the induction and damage is good in blue + bleed. Then swift bow volley for focus.

My build is not glass cannon right now, have some robusts, a morale and a phys mit with 3x finesse so I have 113k ish mastery
    My bow I use agility and induction dmg/multiplier + focus multiplier, HS, and evade modifier (I took out swift bow and all quick shot legacies)

1 - Pop Baingrist
    2 - Burn hot with swappy old set for multiplier and bow damage
    3 - Focus buff, walk in heartseeker + barrage + blood arrow + barrage + penshot + barrage
    4 - Ideally swift bow to maintain high focus from volley shortly after
    5 - Dev pot right away to maintain high focus and get dev magnitude (if i wanted a highest parse a would pop this right off the get go for a 20 second parse but yeah)
    6 - As soon as you use rapid fire you can use merc shot with barrage rotation. Blood arrow every time its up. Use HS resets right away when you get them.

To play blueline well have to think fast on your feet, I am parsing insane numbers in T2 instances for short periods but my long parses for 2 min++ are slowing down so I need to work on managing focus after burning pot, intent and rapid fire. I've been toying with keeping up barbed arrow to maintain focus as the induction and damage is good in blue + bleed. Then swift bow volley for focus.
    Very similar to what I was doing but I appreciate some of the insight. Managed to bump it up to 36k dps today, my rotation felt really slow tho, need to clean that up and I think i'll get closer to 40-42. Also theres a huge amount of rng, so depending on volley/HS procs It varies a good amount. Didnt get any volley procs on this attempt so I'm hoping for better next go. I'm curious to how you deal with the delay between barrage 2-3. Like there is a decent delay where if you try to use barrage 3 too early it resets back to 1, do you just ignore it and keep going or wait that extra second by using an extra pen before barrage tiers up? Also damn I really wish I had Baingrist right now, I'm pretty sure it no longer drops tho so RIP.

Do you only have 6 legacy spots? I agree with getting rid of quick shot stuff, but I'm on the fence with swift bow dmg but I'd be easily convinced if I were to understand your thought process. As for evade modifier, I do see evades in t2 content along with the moors but I've never tested the evade modifier, whats your thoughts on that? I do run 4 finesse in hilt/book slots so thats 16k but im not sure whether youve tested out where the sweet spot is in relation to the modifier.

I'm not sure if you still moors alot but I've been running 2 of the class relic, the slow immunity proc, what is your take on it?

Not to ask you too much but this is what I'm running for traits (mainly for moors) but I'd be interested to see what youre doing for t2/moors. I'm not really set on anything there but the last 3 pts into mercy kill and moving target. http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=5MG
    Bondamar

Quote Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
    Very similar to what I was doing but I appreciate some of the insight. Managed to bump it up to 36k dps today, my rotation felt really slow tho, need to clean that up and I think i'll get closer to 40-42. Also theres a huge amount of rng, so depending on volley/HS procs It varies a good amount. Didnt get any volley procs on this attempt so I'm hoping for better next go. I'm curious to how you deal with the delay between barrage 2-3. Like there is a decent delay where if you try to use barrage 3 too early it resets back to 1, do you just ignore it and keep going or wait that extra second by using an extra pen before barrage tiers up? Also damn I really wish I had Baingrist right now, I'm pretty sure it no longer drops tho so RIP.

Do you only have 6 legacy spots? I agree with getting rid of quick shot stuff, but I'm on the fence with swift bow dmg but I'd be easily convinced if I were to understand your thought process. As for evade modifier, I do see evades in t2 content along with the moors but I've never tested the evade modifier, whats your thoughts on that? I do run 4 finesse in hilt/book slots so thats 16k but im not sure whether youve tested out where the sweet spot is in relation to the modifier.

I'm not sure if you still moors alot but I've been running 2 of the class relic, the slow immunity proc, what is your take on it?

Not to ask you too much but this is what I'm running for traits (mainly for moors) but I'd be interested to see what youre doing for t2/moors. I'm not really set on anything there but the last 3 pts into mercy kill and moving target. http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=5MG
    4 Finesse is probably too much as finesse only affects full BPE not partial. Need to do more testing in relation to modifier. The modifier remember reduces partials so thats huge, not full avoidance.
    7th legacy slot is focus bow power cost
    Took out swift bow because volley has internal cd and and i really use swift bow very small portion of the time in blueline - i'd be open to debate out this, same about barbed arrow. Tough call.
    I don't do merci shot multiplier in redline because i only use merci shot once every time rapid fire is up which isnt frequent enough to justify 6 trait pts

Alright my last upload on this thread, as we get up to this number its more RNG than anything but this should show hunters actual burst.

56.3K DPS in 18.4 seconds

Did not have dmg tome and was not glass cannon, could get another 8k+ mastery.

This was blueline.

When you post a video of this run I'll believe you.

But until then, the fact you've hidden your chat log/combat log and failed to link server time in relation to your combat analysis log - sorry, don't believe you did this solo.

Quote Originally Posted by legablaze123 View Post
    When you post a video of this run I'll believe you.

But until then, the fact you've hidden your chat log/combat log and failed to link server time in relation to your combat analysis log - sorry, don't believe you did this solo.
    If he would have captain etc his max damage would be way higher, its just good crit luck.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    If he would have captain etc his max damage would be way higher, its just good crit luck.
    What he said. This is what happens when you have a captain (only a captain) and this is for a minute not 18 seconds. At 18 seconds I was probably 110-150K as you have oathies for 20 secs and training dummy takes 15-16 secs to reset.

I'd post a video if i actually cared but the truth is I did almost 50k the other day and then saw I had a third age and laughed. It is RNG luck and the proper popping of CD's and yes knowing your buttons comes into play for sure/rotation. As for "hiding" my chat log I simply cut the picture cause thats where my CA box ended and besides I never look at my actual combat log as you can see all my hits perfectly in CA to the side. As for server time not sure why that matter? lol. I did this in Mirkwood? Hell yeah I wish.

Also like I already stated could get much higher mastery as I had 2 morales, many robusts and mits + 3x finesse. Over 60K is possible for sure. Unlike most people I prefer to use near raid builds for parses. Going 16k morale and 0 mits and 1-2x finesse makes you think you can do insane dps then you go T2 and cant use that build and suddenly your numbers don't matter.

Comparing champion red vs yellow builds, I think the ST damage without buffs/debuffs is fairly close. Clearly in a raid against few mobs, one goes red, other yellow. Previous parses in this thread where before u19 but, I did parse over 21k in yellow in a fairly casual build recently and Nornuan is more favorable for red. Yellow should beat red against any 105 mob with t2 enhancements and, it's about time to find a new mob for testing against. One that doesn't have knockbacks/knockdowns/stuns or excessive debuff that can't be potted. There's so many RT, likely one of them would fit the criteria.
    Last edited by Tovarashh; Mar 17 2017 at 03:52 AM.
    Tedemir - 105 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rank 13 / Azuriael - 105 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rank 6 / Leafelyn - 105 Burglar, WM Armourer(K/Tailor), Rank 6
    You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    Comparing champion red vs yellow builds, I think the ST damage without buffs/debuffs is fairly close. Clearly in a raid against few mobs, one goes red, other yellow. Previous parses in this thread where before u19 but, I did parse over 21k in yellow in a fairly casual build recently and Nornuan is more favorable for red. Yellow should beat red against any 105 mob with t2 enhancements and, it's about time to find a new mob for testing against. One that doesn't have knockbacks/knockdowns/stuns or excessive debuff that can't be potted. There's so many RT, likely one of them would fit the criteria.
    Red ST damage is still higher than yellow for an umitigated target and/or low-medium mitigated target. You can still rip through the mits to some extent by using horn phys mit debuff in red. However, as soon as the target's mits starts to get very high, yellow line becomes superior. Therefore, yellow line will produce more DPS for a t2 mob or a high mitted creep comparing to red.

Filikul has low/medium mitigations. It's mitigations become 0 after just a rend, making horn debuff useless. Therefore, red line produces higher dps.

I have maxed out glass cannon build and highest red line parse I've gotten on filikul is 27,8 k. Here's the video.

I just tried yellow line yesterday and got 24,6 k parse. I haven't tried yellow for a long time and had a bad rotation in that parse :/ so can still get a bit higher than that.

Would love to see better proper training dummies instead of beating this poor turtle once a day tho :/

Loshelin-Warden | Barage-Hunter | Firasion-RK | Barashor-Guardian / Craxerr-Warg
    Leader of Raging Raiders | ragingraiders.shivtr.com
    Arkenstone's Original Challenger of Gothmog 09/17/16

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfdur View Post
    Red ST damage is still higher than yellow for an umitigated target and/or low-medium mitigated target. You can still rip through the mits to some extent by using horn phys mit debuff in red. However, as soon as the target's mits starts to get very high, yellow line becomes superior. Therefore, yellow line will produce more DPS for a t2 mob or a high mitted creep comparing to red.

Filikul has low/medium mitigations. It's mitigations become 0 after just a rend, making horn debuff useless. Therefore, red line produces higher dps.

I have maxed out glass cannon build and highest red line parse I've gotten on filikul is 27,8 k. Here's the video.

I just tried yellow line yesterday and got 24,6 k parse. I haven't tried yellow for a long time and had a bad rotation in that parse :/ so can still get a bit higher than that.

Would love to see better proper training dummies instead of beating this poor turtle once a day tho :/

Hey Wulf, may I ask what champs are looking at DPS wise in yellow on the Turtle?
    Enz
    Original Challenger of Gothmog [x2]
    Leader of Situational Awareness
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Turepos View Post
    Hey Wulf, may I ask what champs are looking at DPS wise in yellow on the Turtle?
    Honestly, I haven't tried yellow too much at this mastery level. For the last couple of months, I only tried red line. Just that yesterday i got 24.2k dps, and the previous day 24.6 k. Both with bad rotations and average luck.

Sadly Yellow is more RNG like getting flurry early, getting phys mit ignore buff, critting fury/raging blades etc. I guess something in the range of 23-26k is achievable in yellow line at that mastery level. Will try out yellow line more from now and see how high I can get (before getting the new U20 goldies )

Loshelin-Warden | Barage-Hunter | Firasion-RK | Barashor-Guardian / Craxerr-Warg

I've gotten 33k on my hunter (not dps optimized build and without DA/Erebor burn hot swappies) and in the high 29k's on my rk so far on turtle with most attempts on rk and only a few on hunter. Elicil/Elicir Arkenstone. IDK if you were just comparing champ dps
    Last edited by SnBGaming4You; Mar 22 2017 at 07:37 PM.

Red Champ 30.7k dps, 32 seconds

Hit the 30 k mark first time as a red champ on Filikul with the U20 stuff. Build is not totally maxed tho, missing 3 empowered jewellries. Here is the video.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast