We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fastest Turtle Run Solo?

I want to know what everyone's fastest solo turtle run is?

I soloed it on my dps mode captain without kiting off the bleeds not sure how other classes go against it I have soloed it also on my mini but it was a much longer time.

Here is my fastest run so far at 3 minutes and 25.2 seconds

Last edited by CornWollis; Mar 01 2014 at 08:34 PM.

I think it is a good performance.
    I cannot compete with my Champ (not full DPS). I made some tests but if I improve my DPS, I lose survivability against acid.

I hope it will be harder or even impossible after U13, but apparently, from BR, actual mitigations decrease is not sufficient at all to retrieve a correct difficulty balance...
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 29 2014 at 06:30 AM.

Just tried it with dps/crit-geared Guardian and clocked in at 3:16 minutes on first try. Without kiting, of course, and without food/scrolls/buffs, also without self-heals to save time. From earlier turtle solo runs I know that this is not reliably repeatable, though, it depends a bit on crits and if my bleed stacks are consumed by the Overwhelm skill or if they are sustained.
    Last edited by Myrmel; Mar 22 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmel View Post
    Just tried it with dps/crit-geared Guardian and clocked in at 3:16 minutes on first try. Without kiting, of course, and without food/scrolls/buffs, also without self-heals to save time. From earlier turtle solo runs I know that this is not reliably repeatable, though, it depends a bit on crits and if my bleed stacks are consumed by the Overwhelm skill or if they are sustained.
    Do you have a video of that? I tried once (only once) and its bleeds just tore me up when they get tiered up.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Do you have a video of that? I tried once (only once) and its bleeds just tore me up when they get tiered up.
    No, I don’t, sorry. It really depends on Crits: Sometimes the fights are slow and I die from bleeds, too, sometimes I finish the turtle really fast and with full morale, just from Thrill of Battle heals. Try it again a couple of times, go for maximum damage/crit and ignore basically everything else (don’t stack vita or morale or mitigation, it’s nonsense in this fight: if 20.000 morale aren’t enough to stay alive, 25.000 morale won’t help you much if it comes at the cost of damage and thus make for a longer fight). Use a fast rotation with focus on the parry response skills (for Thrill of Battle crit-heals) and always use Overwhelm as soon as your bleed has stacked to 10. Try to keep up the Stagger and War Cry debuffs (should be easy with Insult to Injury ranked up), but don’t spam both skills, they are too power consuming. Use Hammer Down on cooldown, and use To the King regularly for the damage-buff (ideally just before using Overwhelm to maximize its damage). Use Brutal Assault as soon as it’s up: with Tireless Blows on Rank 5 that should be often and the parry response timer is long enough to squeeze in Brutal Assault whenever a parry respsonse skill has reset its cooldown. That’s your rotation basically, I sometimes throw in Sweeping Cut (for fast bleed tier-up, but only if power looks good) or even Sting, but Brutal Assault + parry chain skills are by far the most often used skills.

My time with full DPS gear and redline traiting was 3 minutes 3 seconds

[CENTER][B]Happyfeet of Elendilmir
    Order of Elendil[/B][/CENTER]

Not my best, but the best I have a SS of:
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Great job on the two minute mark! I would be very interested in understanding your rotation, traiting, gear, etc. You provided me with a goal to shoot for and so far, I haven't come close. I know I need to make adjustments in my mainhand weapon (basically build a DPS weapon) plus other adjustments. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    [CENTER][B]Happyfeet of Elendilmir
    Order of Elendil[/B][/CENTER]

I decided to try and get a better mark on my warden and it's the fastest Run at level 100 I could get on video, only tried twice on video because recording while I play makes me lag very bad and it makes it hard to build gambits and keep my rotation as you can see I stuffed up my rotation a fair bit haha

I got a 1 minute 43 second run when I got very lucky with the 15% chance bleeds and had a solid rotation but wasn't recording, so I took a SS.

At the moment because the Turtle nearly has a million health the only class I can solo it on without kiting is my Warden so I won't be going for another mark on my cappy, i'd like to see what other people are getting at level 100 I bet the 1 minute 30 second mark is possible with the right gear.

nice work! almost broke the 2m mark! impressive!

I should time it.

i just go toes with norman and muscle it out.

once i realized i can out-heal the 7k dps acid, i gave up on trying to do it faster.

now im thinking of seeing how long i can last in there the only real issue is power management. guess its wouldnt be fun. ok, scratch that idea.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

This is my best turtle parse, just took it today.

Riddermark Server
    Chimpanzee (100 Warden) Platypus (100 Mini), Giraffe (100 Cappy), Whale (100 Burg), Rhinoceros (100 Champ), Armadillo (99 LM)

How do you...?

Just wondering how some of you are breaking out your damage taken, damage given, and heals in those windows? Is that a plug-in? Or is it some capability within the game I am not aware of? Looks very useful...

Quote Originally Posted by bahgweed View Post
    Just wondering how some of you are breaking out your damage taken, damage given, and heals in those windows? Is that a plug-in? Or is it some capability within the game I am not aware of? Looks very useful...
    It's a LUA plugin called Combatanalysis, available here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    It's a LUA plugin called Combatanalysis, available here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html
    Thanks dwarfThar!

Quote Originally Posted by Glover179 View Post
    This is my best turtle parse, just took it today.

How do you show the skills and such in Combat analysis?
    Rimenuir r7 | Fadhroreth| Daechamnir | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Rimenseer | Rimenswords | Smicho | Rimensmash | Rimentank |Fidough r9 | Lumfratur r7 | Lumhealz r6 | Lumwebs | Lumleads | Lumreaver r5 | Seekers of the Seven Stars : Kinsman
    Arkenstone Server, Originally from Meneldor '11

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    How do you show the skills and such in Combat analysis?
    In the list of encounters (left in the picture) you click on one so it gets selected, and the skill breakdown should appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    In the list of encounters (left in the picture) you click on one so it gets selected, and the skill breakdown should appear.
    Do you have to left click?
    Rimenuir r7 | Fadhroreth| Daechamnir | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Rimenseer | Rimenswords | Smicho | Rimensmash | Rimentank |Fidough r9 | Lumfratur r7 | Lumhealz r6 | Lumwebs | Lumleads | Lumreaver r5 | Seekers of the Seven Stars : Kinsman
    Arkenstone Server, Originally from Meneldor '11

Sorry for bumping old thread, but just thought i'd post a 1 minute and 14 second solo picture I got today with the new Osgiliath instance bleed pulses and jewelry, I now have capped physical mastery and 28 second long DoT's the only thing I was missing in that fight was a Hope token and some more lucky 15% chance double stacking DoT's.

I'd definitely say that killing him in under 1 minute and 10 seconds is possible and getting around 14k ST dps.

I've been watching this thread for a while, hoping people would post more dps comparisons. I wanted to do a maximum dps parse and, luckily my dps setup(2h,AOE) happens to be the best ST for a champ. It's just taken a lot of time to get all my gear together. I think I could hit about 9k. That's actually killing the turtle, not just a parse. This puts us slightly ahead of elite LM but still middle of the pack. A rk on our server said he did 10k. I don't know if that's good. I'd be interested to know how capt's fair, supposedly the lowest dps class. Anyway, I want to get a good parse and make a video sometime before I transfer off of Windfola, stay tuned.
    Tedemir - 105 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rank 13 / Azuriael - 105 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rank 6 / Leafelyn - 105 Burglar, WM Armourer(K/Tailor), Rank 6
    You Tube Channel

As far as I see it this run worked out well. My kin guardian agreed to be dragged along to shield-wall me and keep the turtle taunted so I didn't get induction setback and actually survived the fight.

What might've been missing for a perfect run with my use of skills:
    - Distracting Flame a couple times wasn't up for a handful seconds so I might've missed up to 3 ticks. But at 1679 per tick on avg that would've been at most +65 dps.
    - Sometimes Smouldering Wrath/Essay of Fire weren't used the instant they were ready because there was still an induction/animation to finish, but I think the difference would've been very small because that previous skill also does decent damage (i.e. Essence of Storm).
    - Could've had more luck with Searing Words dots, the log indicates there were 4 of them (20% chance on use of a fire skill). Each one is 2.2% of dps in this fight, contributing 270 to total dps each. On average I'm using a fire skill every 2s so there should've been 3-4 more dots, but my parses rarely live up to this prediction. Maybe some fire skills don't apply it, or my fire skills per second figure is way off, or I'm just someone who often has bad luck.
    - Ending the parse straight after Smouldering Wrath is a nice artificial bonus, but unfortunately here I was halfway towards the next Smouldering Wrath when the fight ended. The most accurate/sobering representation of an RK's long-term dps is when the parse ends in the same instant that Smouldering Wrath becomes ready to use again.
    - Would be good to start using BuffBars to know in advance when Writ of Fire will get a free induction, although this is really getting into min/maxer territory.

Overall though RK parses tend to be fairly consistent.

For this run I had 74.7k mastery, capped crits and the Osgiliath 2-piece set. There are still some gear parts/food buffs/fate tome (to save crit essences) left that would get mastery to 80k despite the 2-piece set without giving up even more morale.
    - At 80k mastery dps would've been 12950, turtle time of 1m15s (scaling up from 100+196.3% to 100+210% tactical damage).
    - At 55k mastery in my instance gear dps would've been 10280, turtle time of 1m34s (scaling down from 100+196.3% to 100+146.1% tactical damage). That's with 23k morale unbuffed, either physical or tactical mitigation overcapped by 6750, some crit defence and the Osgiliath 2-piece set. A captain's morale bonus and duty-bound allows using 5k more mastery instead of 3.5k morale, and it would be possible to get another 5.3k base mastery, so then my max self-buffed in a tougher instance is 11120 turtle-dps, turtle time of 1m27s.

Wardens can have 80k mastery and 23k morale/overcapped mits at the same time, so they are clearly our supreme leaders. At least us RK's and hunters are ranged, can do burst damage, keep 95%+ of our dps in no-AoE fights and don't need 30s to build up all the dots until we reach 100% of our dps.

(Although on the flipside that last point means Gorelal was doing way over 14.3k dps after the first 30 seconds. I'd get a bonus too, but it's much smaller because judging by the % contributions to damage from each skill in the log and looking at my opening rotation it takes 12s to get to 90% of my dps or 4s to get to 80% of dps. Hunters get going even faster is my guess.)
    Last edited by Dragofer; Aug 14 2015 at 09:00 AM.

Also, because I thought it would be interesting to make some more RK-Warden comparisons on the basis that Wardens (probably) do more dps, but RK's get into gear much faster:

Wardens like Gorelal, judging by the Youtube uploads:
    - At 4 seconds do 30% of their max dps
    - 12s for 60%
    - 20s for 80%
    - 30s for 90%
    - 40s for 100%

Runekeepers like me, judging by %damage from each skill in the log and by the opening rotation I use:
    - 4s for 80%
    - 12s for 90%
    - 25s for 100%

First off this showed that Gorelal was doing 17k dps after 40s (+20% vs 68s parse) and I would do 13.5k dps after 25s (+5% vs 75s parse) if I ever get 80k mastery +2 pulses (I'm on Eldar though...) or 11.7k dps in instance gear under the best conditions described before.

- A warden like Gorelal overtakes a runekeeper like me with 80k mastery +2 fire pulses after 30s and after 40s does 25% more dps in an instance like Sambrog or Pelargir.
    - A warden like Gorelal overtakes a runekeeper like me with instance gear (65k mastery) +2 fire pulses after 20s and after 40s does 45% more dps in an instance like Dome of Stars or Barad Guldur. (22.5% more damage on average between 20s and 40s)

There are some factors that favour runekeepers:
    - Runekeepers apply a passive -15% fire mitigation and -15% armour debuff. This narrows the gap against very high mitigation enemies like in t2 Osgiliath where it increases incoming fire damage by 35% compared to 25% against the turtle, so relative dps is 8% higher (~1000 dps) than what gets parsed at the turtle. Other dps classes also get a big boost from these debuffs so it can be said that a runekeeper contributes more single-target dps to a group than a warden.
    - Runekeepers can benefit from a captain's 4k mastery buff and +130 will from Idome when wearing instance gear while wardens are already capped, and benefit much more if a captain uses his buffs at the start of the fight.
    - In no-AoE fights a properly traited RK only needs to give up Scathing Mockery, which was doing only 3% of my dps vs the turtle despite being up most of the fight, while a warden needs to give up 1-3 important skills depending on whether he can get an angle that won't hit anything with frontal AoE (on the other hand a warden can do top AoE dps while single-targetting without even trying).
    - Lastly, a warden needs to run up to targets while a runekeeper in most cases can stay standing to get a couple seconds headstart.

So perhaps the question that should be asked is, which fights allow a fire RK/warden + the rest of fellowship to attack the same target for 20s or longer at a time (and maybe 25s if with a captain)? Probably not so few.
    Last edited by Dragofer; Aug 14 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Interesting post clarya. Rk dps easily surpasses champ, even without being fully geared.

I finally got all my gear together and finely tuned my rotation. This was done in yellow line with a 2h sword. In yellow line, champs need to proc their flurry buff(-20% AD, +1300 crit) and I never started a test without it going off in the first two skills. DPS ranged from 10.7k - 9.7k when it was active. If I had done testing when it wasn't active for a while, the dps would be 1-2k less, so very dependent on that. The video shows the one outlier that far exceeded anything else.

My build was complete glass cannon, without much room for improvement. The dps on the video is probably the upper reaches of possible dps so, not a good comparison. Rk & Wardens are still far ahead in dps. If a hunter could be shield walled, then maybe they would be up there with rks.

Here's the video
    Tedemir - 105 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rank 13 / Azuriael - 105 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rank 6 / Leafelyn - 105 Burglar, WM Armourer(K/Tailor), Rank 6
    You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarashh View Post
    Interesting post clarya. Rk dps easily surpasses champ, even without being fully geared.

I finally got all my gear together and finely tuned my rotation. This was done in yellow line with a 2h sword. In yellow line, champs need to proc their flurry buff(-20% AD, +1300 crit) and I never started a test without it going off in the first two skills. DPS ranged from 10.7k - 9.7k when it was active. If I had done testing when it wasn't active for a while, the dps would be 1-2k less, so very dependent on that. The video shows the one outlier that far exceeded anything else.

My build was complete glass cannon, without much room for improvement. The dps on the video is probably the upper reaches of possible dps so, not a good comparison. Rk & Wardens are still far ahead in dps. If a hunter could be shield walled, then maybe they would be up there with rks.

Here's the video
    My RK needs around 1:40 (did like 30 runs for the small turtle shell ...) with 62k mastery (instance gear with overcapped mits) and the need for self-healing, which can be done mostly with self motivation. Note here is, that i did not skill the 5% extra crit but have improved mending verse also lowering my dps.

Champ U17 filikul dps

Solo yellow maxed out champ 11.2 k dps. The trait line is the one i use on yellow in instances , not a special one for this single target fight like traiting lots of red.

Would like to see some other classes' parses as well like hunters, rk's, burgs, beorns.
    If u can't solo just ask a guardian to only force taunt the turtle for you

(And hey! Btw that is 11.2k x 13 targets in instances No class can match the champ's total dps on an instance, even if there are 2 targets.)

I hear of all brg turtles for 12 second kill but - more fun is getting a fast pug.

Fastest pug Turtle I was in and where I took note of the time from spawn to kill was cap 85. 41 seconds.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast