We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Transferring game from one location to another

I'm attempting to figure out if it's possible to download the game at one location then transfer it to the pc you actually want to play on. My ISP has a 20GB cap per month and obviously the game will cap that quickly if I do the download at my house.

Copy the game folder: C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online to the new computer.
    And run turbineregisterGDF it is a program in the copied folder. run it from the installed folder, it isnt
    fully needed but adds the game to the registry. Other files not in the main games folder like userpreferences.ini
    will be re-created by the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmat View Post
    Copy the game folder: C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online to the new computer.
    And run turbineregisterGDF it is a program in the copied folder. run it from the installed folder, it isnt
    fully needed but adds the game to the registry. Other files not in the main games folder like userpreferences.ini
    will be re-created by the game.

I can verify that this is precisely, 100% correct.
    A few months ago I copied LOTRO from my desktop PC to my laptop (took about 2 hours to copy over a wireless-N connection ), and did exactly those things.
    Works fine. I didn't do the "turbineregisterGDF" thing, but that would make sense too.