We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unable to Load characters, Server connection keeps getting lost.

Over the last week or so, this has been getting worse and worse for me, and many members of my kin have been dealing with it as well.

Only some toons will load, Others will just hang at the loading screen until the I get the "Connection to server has been lost"

On the off chance I do get into the toons that won't load reliably, chances are high that I'll just freeze and lose connection again anyways during game play.

The toons that DO load up?.. I've been getting LL of up to 6 to 15% in the last week or so where I almost never have experienced latency loss.

My Internet service is strong and problem free, PC specs are high and everything else on the internet works fast and normal.

I know there are several variables that could affect this, but all of those variables should be the responsibility of Turbine to manage either by internal processes or sub tier supplier reviews.

Come on guys. The back end of the game is getting worse and worse from a client side perspective.
    Last edited by Gromit1710; Mar 01 2014 at 01:06 PM.
    Borgorid of Arkenstone
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini,

same thing here. some characters load ok some not at all. come on Turbine what's going on?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012d468/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

same here

doing this to me today on my guard no problems with my champ

now doing it to my champ
    Last edited by beldive; Mar 01 2014 at 01:05 PM.

just loaded the game up to play, after the character screen it loaded as normal, then BOOM same issue with error message, had to use task manager to end the game to close it out.....

Not loading

I am getting to the screen where it is supposed to be loading the game, but no marker on the loading bar comes up and I end up getting "Connection to server has been lost". What is the deal with this? Are we going to be able to play or what?

I'm having this issue as well, with various characters (on Gladden so far). Since I'm able to get into the game OK, but having trouble launching and keeping characters during session changes (the Loading bar screen), I'm assuming that there is a problem with the datacenter backend. And because it's different characters in different zones, I'm thinking probably they've hosed their server cluster network.

Today has been getting worse and worse. More people in the kin are facing the same issue now. We've been using our Vent to talk out of game.

It seems like there are a few different symptoms.

Some toons won't load at the loading screen and eventually give the Connection to Server Lost
    Some launchers won't complete the pre-launch sequence.
    People are getting the "Connection to Server Lost" error in game after freezing. During the freeze, chat still seems to work just fine.
    After people experience the above freeze, the toon they were on won't load anymore until the log into a different toon.

Turbine: It's been 24 hrs since you've mentioned anything on Facebook/Twitter and I can't find an official statement here in the forums about it.

There are a significant number of players affected given the threads here and on Facebook about it.

Can we have an update or some kind of acknowledgement that something is happening?
    Borgorid of Arkenstone
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini,

I have also been getting "random" chat lost, followed by link-dead disconnects. I noticed my internet icon (Win7x64) showed the internet going up and down. Right click the Internet Tray icon and run the Troubleshoot Problems auto fix.

On my system there seems to have been an update to the Troubleshoot Problems task that does "a lot more" than before. Before it just reset my network adapter and I would reconnect. Now it does a whole lot of "other stuff" like checking gateway and domain name (but I don't see any log files) before it does a network card reset.

After a lot of these last night I contacted ATT (my ISP) and they confirmed there was a "glitch" at their CO (very technical that). I am expecting a tech to show up at my home soon to verify the fiber connection at the box is OK.

A long time back, an ATT tech told me that the fiber connection in the outside box over time can become unstable (corroded, dusty or something like that) and cause intermittent failures.

I have no real faith that this will fix anything permanent but you can give your ISP a call and answer all the standard questions and request them to roll a truck to verify the outside connectors and that they haven't cross connected you to another installed service.

Update 1 03/02/2014 AM

ATT confirmed it was a bad connection on the service access box on the street - everything in the house, and local access box was OK. They also said such a connection problem can happen anytime a worker accesses or uses the street service box. So, good today may not be good tomorrow...

Update 2 03/02/2014 PM

Well what the ATT guy did didn't "fix" the problem with intermittent connection drops. This morning I got disconnected every 10 min or less. ATT is doing more checks but they say that the lines are OK and tests return normal.

It's odd that it seems to happen while in LOTRO but not other times. That may be because it's more noticeable to drop in the middle of an instance.
    Last edited by SabrielofLorien; Mar 02 2014 at 06:53 PM.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Who to contact

Who do we contact about this issue? For it happened on a new character I created on another server.

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    I have also been getting "random" chat lost, followed by link-dead disconnects. I noticed my internet icon (Win7x64) showed the internet going up and down. Right click the Internet Tray icon and run the Troubleshoot Problems auto fix.

On my system there seems to have been an update to the Troubleshoot Problems task that does "a lot more" than before. Before it just reset my network adapter and I would reconnect. Now it does a whole lot of "other stuff" like checking gateway and domain name (but I don't see any log files) before it does a network card reset.

After a lot of these last night I contacted ATT (my ISP) and they confirmed there was a "glitch" at their CO (very technical that). I am expecting a tech to show up at my home soon to verify the fiber connection at the box is OK.

A long time back, an ATT tech told me that the fiber connection in the outside box over time can become unstable (corroded, dusty or something like that) and cause intermittent failures.

I have no real faith that this will fix anything permanent but you can give your ISP a call and answer all the standard questions and request them to roll a truck to verify the outside connectors and that they haven't cross connected you to another installed service.
    I am not experiencing an ISP issue. This is entirely a Lotro issue.

Thumbs down

Been getting this all day today on Nimrodel. Some characters can get in, some can get in then randomly lag then get the connection to server lost, some get to the character loading screen then when trying to get in game, sits forever at loading and get connection to server lost. Happening on both my VIP and F2P accounts. Frustrated so gonna go take care of some things and hopefully this will be resolved soon.... :-(
    UpInFlames - BlackArrow | BrightLightHurts - Reaver | ZOMGRushTehSploiter - Weaver | IThrowPoo - Defiler | LikMyWounds - Warg

Come On Mannn!!!!!!

I have spent a sizable amount or money in the 7 yrs playin (500-600) and in the last 3 weeks the game has gone from bad to worse as far as lag and server issues...I have never seen an issue of this magnitude go this long without some indication from Turbine as cause or time till fixed...As stated COME ON MANNN!!!

I am having same problem as of (March 1st,2014) as everyone else seems to. Right in the middle of playing, say for about 5 minutes or so, and then suddenly i get a black screen that says "lost connection to server". Or the game lags a bit, then freezes, then back to black screen again, or just shuts down completely. For me this has been happening in Rohan (the expansion pack is what i got) so i was wondering if Happy Cloud might be causing issues as well..

I also uninstalled the game completely and then reinstalled hoping that maybe some of my game files had become corrupted and that would fix the problem. No such luck.. Is LOTRO even aware or care about this issue, it is very frustrating..

Eorles

Looks like a problem on their border router

Computing statistics for 400 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    9 54ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% te0-5-4-0.rar3.denver-co.us.xo.net [207.88.12.85]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    10 79ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% te-4-1-0.rar3.chicago-il.us.xo.net [207.88.12.21]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    11 107ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae0d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.0.30]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    12 93ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 209.117.103.10
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    13 97ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    14 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    15 92ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 74.201.102.154
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    16 93ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 74.201.102.12

Trace complete.
    UpInFlames - BlackArrow | BrightLightHurts - Reaver | ZOMGRushTehSploiter - Weaver | IThrowPoo - Defiler | LikMyWounds - Warg

I am having this problem as well. Seems the same problem they had several months ago with their servers or routing service. Very annoying, happens several times a night in the Moors. Not good! I have filed a bug report, suggest everyone having this problem do the same.
    Lillyn (Minstrel), Lynrial (Hunter), Lorlyn (LM), Lynrieth (RK), Dazeylin (Burglar), Ithilyn (Beorning) of Arkenstone

Bump. Having the same issues. Very bad today.

Having the same exact problem only I cannot log into any of my toons on Riddermark OR Brandywine....

Extremely disappointing as this is the only night this week that I have a few spare hours to play and cannot

What options do we have to mediate this?

Over a year and I'm having the exact same problem!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit1710 View Post
    Over the last week or so, this has been getting worse and worse for me, and many members of my kin have been dealing with it as well.

Only some toons will load, Others will just hang at the loading screen until the I get the "Connection to server has been lost"

On the off chance I do get into the toons that won't load reliably, chances are high that I'll just freeze and lose connection again anyways during game play.

The toons that DO load up?.. I've been getting LL of up to 6 to 15% in the last week or so where I almost never have experienced latency loss.

My Internet service is strong and problem free, PC specs are high and everything else on the internet works fast and normal.

I know there are several variables that could affect this, but all of those variables should be the responsibility of Turbine to manage either by internal processes or sub tier supplier reviews.

Come on guys. The back end of the game is getting worse and worse from a client side perspective.
    Over a year later and I'm having the exact same problem.

I have not been able to play for over a month now because of the same issue. I don't know what to do anymore... Today I noticed that maybe it doesn't happen with all my toons. I can't find any reply from Turbine anywhere... Something sirious has to be done about this. I am almost quitting on Lotro and I have been a player for 2 and a half years already.

Quote Originally Posted by JGabriel View Post
    I have not been able to play for over a month now because of the same issue. I don't know what to do anymore... Today I noticed that maybe it doesn't happen with all my toons. I can't find any reply from Turbine anywhere... Something sirious has to be done about this. I am almost quitting on Lotro and I have been a player for 2 and a half years already.
    Packet loss has been an issue all the time this year. At the start it was extreme with loss of sometimes over 50 percent. Nowadays it has gotten "better" with loss of up to 10 percent. Turbine's Internet provider Internap just sucks. The loss (at least for us) almost always happens in their network. We have run thorough traces and it's always the same hops that misbehave. I hope that this gets better with the new data centers but we will have to wait a little while longer before they are made available to us.

This is still randomly happening.

All the game updates and QoL fixes don't mean nearly as much when we can't even log in consistently....

Get the fundamentals right, or our playtime will diminish. We've been spending time in another MMO with less technical problems lately. Give us an excuse to return more than casually twice a week.

Very strange, as I've not had that happen. If it was Turbine's ISP causing the issue, I would think it would happen to everyone. I play every day, so I'd have expected to see it. I'm on the west coast, so it doesn't impact my ISP or the backbone connections to Turbine's ISP from mine.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

Only happens in LotRO, repeatable bug, only solution is to log another character to "unlock" the locked-out character.

My typical net stats to any online game thru my hard-wired connection are 65ms ping, 0.0% loss. I don't experience connection problems in any online FPS or other MMOs.

In weeks of playing another, more properly supported MMO I have not been logged out or denied access once.

I have not been able to log on to my normal server since yesterday afternoon. That is Landy. I can log onto gladden or brandywine with no problem. Probablem is that I only have a few of my unimportant toons left on gladden as I moved from there to Landy and left only toons I dont care much about. And I have only 1 L9 toon on Brandywine. So I really dont want to play if I cant get back onto Landy. And why cant I get on Landy? It makes no sense! I am just really upset. I want to play today.
    I want to play right now. I guess I must fill out a ticket and hope to hear back soon but most likely it will not be today....

Same thing is happening to me on Gladden. I can log into all my other toons but two who got stuck and timed out behind Lugz. I can log in all the others and play just fine, but not those two. Screen hangs and eventually says connection to server has been lost.

I know it isn't my internet connection because I can play the other toons just fine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000092706/signature.png]Gumball[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast