We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Riding Skill

Riding Skill

Hi to everyone,
    I'm a level 3 Champion and am having a little bit of trouble trying to achieve my riding skill. I have the passive skill journeyman rider, and I also have a parchment that says, "Trait: Riding Characteristic-Requires Novice? I don't know what that means. I even went to the LOTRO Store and bought an apprentice riding skill just in case, but that didn't work either. Is there any way I can get the riding skill?
    Thanks,
    paulieboy44

Quote Originally Posted by paulieboy44 View Post
    Hi to everyone,
    I'm a level 3 Champion and am having a little bit of trouble trying to achieve my riding skill. I have the passive skill journeyman rider, and I also have a parchment that says, "Trait: Riding Characteristic-Requires Novice? I don't know what that means. I even went to the LOTRO Store and bought an apprentice riding skill just in case, but that didn't work either. Is there any way I can get the riding skill?
    Thanks,
    paulieboy44
    Have you gotten past the introduction yet, Novice is a passive skill you get at like level 6 and after that you can use that parchment and that gives you the riding skill. Have you have bought any expansions that give you a horse? If so than you don't have to save up for a horse, which cost 500 silver coins at Hengstacer Farm in Bree-land.

Have fun with your horse.
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Quote Originally Posted by paulieboy44 View Post
    Hi to everyone,
    Thanks,
    paulieboy44
    You will earn "Novice" trait when you will finish the intro chapter - usually at about level 6-7-8, depending if you go for fastest route, or do lots of killing and exploration. There is no horses in intro region.
    Once you get out of intro, you will have to deliver last intro quest to NPC standing in front of your char in real world, and claim varius items, including 'novice' passive. Afterwards, your parchemt will be usable.

To get horse, if you havent some free horses from otehr purchases, you will beed go to Bree and travel north from it - to the Hengstacer farms. There you can buy horse for 500 silvers, if you gor riding trait (included in packages).

I would also call Turbine about refund for the "apprentice riding" - if you already had bought "journeyman riding", you gained nothing from buying apprentice riding afterwards.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!