We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

turning while in mounted combat issues

Is anyone else having issues today while performing mounted combat?

I'm noticing while in mounted combat and I try to turn the horse just jerks back and forth and does not actually turn. Not only is this causing an issue with defeating the monster but also my eyes are going buggy because as the horse jerks back and forth, so does all the scenery.

This is only happening while in combat, out of combat the horse turns normally.

P.S. this just started today (27Feb14) on all 3 toons that I played so far.

I did send in a bug report but posting here also in hopes it is seen faster by Turbine.

Since this is not a normal occurrence for you then it could be lag. Either server side or client side. I have not been on today but will go on soon and check it out.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Out of curiosity... Did you happen to have the Spur On toggle activated?

Spur On tries to put your War-steed on auto-pilot until a skill connects. If you're also manually steering the steed, you might get some jerky turning as you described.

Also auto lock target is the x key by default disable that for sure.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

I thought about that later. I hate when I click that skill on when I don't realize it.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

thank you for the suggestion about auto target, no it was not on but I did not realize it you can disable it all together, done.

Spur on, no that's not it, I've clicked that in the past by accident and know what it looks like. Ever notice when you are mounted but not moving, if you engage a monster and just stand there your horse keeps jerking left and right? Well that is what this is doing while moving but only when trying to turn. I tested if it was my game controller acting up by turning the other direction, using the keyboard instead, both cases no joy.

It must be lag because I've been in the game now for apx 30 minutes with this toon and it seems to have cleared up, but strange that all 3 toons I played today this happened and never happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    Ever notice when you are mounted but not moving, if you engage a monster and just stand there your horse keeps jerking left and right?
    Mine never does that. Ever.

The only other thing I can think of if you have the "Enable movement assistance in combat" Combat Option enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Mine never does that. Ever.

The only other thing I can think of if you have the "Enable movement assistance in combat" Combat Option enabled.
    Yes I do have that enabled which could explain why it does it standing still but the moving, never did it before.

BTW I just logged my fourth toon, it is not doing it, maybe it was a hiccup or Turbine fixed what ever it was, I know they were having problems today.

I ran into the general inability to turn while engaged. I could hold down the left (or right) turn arrow and the steed would barely turn. I tried logging off, cold booting my computer, and even resetting the router to basically no avail. It was not too long later, on one last bringing up a character that the effect disappeared and did not return (thank goodness).

I would speculate that there was some kind of glitch at the server end. There likely was not a lot of lag between the server and client, so the client kept telling the server I am turning left (or right) and the server kept quickly telling the client NO YOU AREN'T or NO YOU CAN'T, so the client goes, OKAY, I go straight and now turning left, rinse-repeat. Once out of combat, the client and server operate normally.

That would account for the steed trying to turn (and any scenery shifting) then popping back in rapid succession. Well I don't know much about this, but this might be true.