We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Only fair way to do it is based on time, so that the exchange value is constant. If you sell it by "day", it can impact when people choose to buy it and how often (more likely to wait for weekends or full day off to get maximum value). As long as the price is realistic, I think this is a good move, actually. People on a time budget should have good incentives to get out and make action happen.
    It could be a good thing, but I'd say it depends on playstyle. I think people on a time budget are less likely to roam the map for action and will instead focus on where they'll know it'll be, so even more focus on the grams camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Me_the_Third View Post
    It could be a good thing, but I'd say it depends on playstyle. I think people on a time budget are less likely to roam the map for action and will instead focus on where they'll know it'll be, so even more focus on the grams camp.
    Adding low audacity noobs to your gramscamp sounds like just the thing to get some kills. Especially since the established freeps will most likely ignore them and let you get the kills.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Adding low audacity noobs to your gramscamp sounds like just the thing to get some kills. Especially since the established freeps will most likely ignore them and let you get the kills.
    Which would be nice, except that I dislike the grams camp and will avoid it whenever playing. It would be nice if there were less incentives to support it, but whatever.

Thumbs down

The active pvp population of this game is somewhere between 0-3% of the total population.

Just saying...
    There is no reliable information to suggest this is the case and also problems with using that as a 'be all end all' figure.

a) I assume this describes a percentage of the total pool of players that have an account with LOTRO(that could be somebody who played once and has a lvl 8 toon). If this is not the case, is it a percentage of the total number of active players? How do you define active? That could include players that log in once a month could it not?

b) following on from the above point, it may be a small percentage of the population but a large percentage of the total gametime. The PvPers that I know are usually the most active population of the server.

c) you make no mention of whether this includes monster play. If so are one time played freavers included in the total population figure?

The truth is that you cannot answer any of these questions and it is not fair game to use that percentage to justify the minimal improvements and concern that Turbine shows towards this portion of the game. Judging by the huge community response to PvP related news it would suggest that PvMP is something people still care about.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I know what we can do:

-Disable Freeps from entering Moors!

*Make the Moors OPEN PvP. Everything and everybody gets attacked and killed.
    No keep, outpost or delving bonuses. No "lore-breaking???"
    Give everybody maps, and Grams is the no-hit safe zone!

Then freeps can go continue to be godmode in PvE, and we can just have a pvp tornado of creep AOE's, healing, bickering, complaining, and backstabbing forever!

Better yet! Delete everybodys rank. Start Fresh!
    3 factions seems to be the way to go these days. Creeps/Freeps/Delving! Mirrored enough so one sides not OP, but unique enough to make people want to play a side.
    .......Or they should have just made separate pvp characters for each side to begin with so we wouldn't have to worry about balancing Freep armour, mitigations, traits, LI's and stats.....
    Jimi's Mash

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah View Post
    We are looking at a time based unlock.

-Jinjaah
    So can you please tell us what would be the price for 1 unlock, and what is the time period that unlock would last?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinmaster View Post
    So can you please tell us what would be the price for 1 unlock, and what is the time period that unlock would last?
    20 Mithril Coins.

Six Hours.

Keeps running even if you log out.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Keeps running even if you log out.
    This was not true in any build I've tested thus far.

It keeps running if you leave the ettenmoors, but not if you log out. I haven't purchased a buff in builds, and it seems to still be ticking away just fine. I'll go confirm the time countdown right now though incase that changed.

The unlock purchase is per character though.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Sorry, it took me longer than expected to check it for the 'after' RL time because I got busy with other things. The buff is only a few seconds different from when I logged out, almost surely the 'load time' and 'exit time' between character select and arriving on the menu or in game.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Hey Jinjaah, my champ is useless in the moors (except maybe against a greenie).

The moors is really not a populated place especially on Elendilimir. Going solo seems to be the only option and champs are a laugh stock.

Go blue = good luck dpsing
    Go yellow = good luck surviving
    Go red = good luck against any decent ranked creep

And u13 is nerfing our mitigations.

Great. Fabulous. Instead of getting killed in 8 moves, gonna take 5. Great.

I'm running with physical and tact mitigations capped, 18k critical defence. If I get in a 1x2 I have 0.05% of surviving. 1x1, sure if it's a noobie. That's using Fight On (with legs), pot and bracing attack...

Meantime I see cappys, guards, wardens, lm, minis... god mode...

Suggestions: up ST dps on red line. Up the self heals on bracing attack. Just help me live for more than 5s...

Great job with the champ class.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Champs are not UP just not as OP as they used to be or like other classes atm.

Red champ using all skills should beat most creeps except maybe high rank reavers.

Quote Originally Posted by fallwithoutwings View Post
    Champs are not UP just not as OP as they used to be or like other classes atm.

Red champ using all skills should beat most creeps except maybe high rank reavers.
    And wargs... Good luck against 1k DPS on you.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    And wargs... Good luck against 1k DPS on you.
    No not really depends on bit of luck with the proc heal but if you champs duel and fight on wargs are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by fallwithoutwings View Post
    No not really depends on bit of luck with the proc heal but if you champs duel and fight on wargs are easy.
    "Luck". Yeah, easy.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

ive never fought a really good warg using all cds but they have the only counter to champs duel, and it's on a 1 min 30 sec cd. If a warg knows i'm going to fight on and champs dual, there's no reason he won't sprint and/or hips to counteract those skills. in a game of cooldowns, warg cds are slightly better than champ cds because they're so short vs fight on which is 3 minutes and sprint which is 5 minutes.

Thumbs up

The three piece 'Champion Tank' set seems to make a pretty massive difference in PvP so I don't know if you're running with that. 18k crit defence looks like overkill to me - going to need confirmation but is it not a case of massive diminishing returns on higher crit defence?

If you are really stuck in red and yellow, blue line with LIs and gear will make you ultra-survivable and riposte puts out some pretty nice numbers. My champ is only r7 but he seems to do ok in most group fights and 1v1s (yes, reavers and wargs are often tricky).

Couple of small tips:
    • If you are in red line pop CBR at the start of any fight against reavers - this will stop them from landing bleeds and dust - this will lessen the coming impale.
    • If you are red line trait into blue for riposte and champ horn - use riposte to interrupt the animation on brutal strikes, fero strikes and merciful strike.
    • Clobber as much as you can.

I have played around with traits/legacies and gear and can say that things are much easier above 18k morale. This somewhat makes up for the lack of hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah View Post
    Autoflips are something that we are looking into. There is a problem there but its not easy for us to track down. It sounds like the general consensus among players has always been to remove them completely, which is not off the table, but as they exist now should only happen every 6 or 8 hours (forget off the actual number top of my head). By the sounds of some of the feedback, it sounds like there is another issue lurking behind the scenes that is causing this to not properly function. So in summary, this is something I will look into but don't have any details of change on the near horizon.

-Jinjaah

Can this be addressed? It looks like autoflips are still going on at the same rate. Is changing this still being looked at?
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7