We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    LOL, I actually agree, turbine does do a fair amount of vague promises that get pushed aside for whatever reason that may be.
    That they really do, I seem to recall a promise about some event leading up to a release that then also didnt turn out to be/give what was promised.
    Bazzakrak - Champion - Riddermark - LvL 85 - Still looking to get correct name on Bounder token plaque.
    Now also banned from posting on the lotro facebook page.

Welcome back

Welcome back Rowan and it's nice to hear some news. I appreciate the VIP mail system. It will help considering other games have it too (even though it breaks immersion a bit).
    I'm a bit puzzled by the chicken ball. Although I don't mind it and it's nice to see an ingame "game", I hope we don't get any flack from animal lovers.
    Fear not, you are with friends: remnant-lotro.guildlaunch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Using the Battles as a gate to advancing the epic is a slightly different topic to the one I was on. That had just been what triggered people's comments about not liking the battles, not wanting more added, not adding mounted combat, etc. My point was more that if the battles were fun to start, maybe it would not be such an issue having them as requirements.

I forget, could you skip the skirmishes in Mirkwood and still get to the end of Volume II?
    No, you cannot skip them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Then what is the point of stating that "housing is high on the list", if it wasn't intended to have any "deeper" meaning other than just stating that it's on somebody's list (and may remain on that list for any number of months, years to come). To me this emphasizes that whatever is written on that elusive list, has no meaning at all, and words referencing to that list, really talk about nothing.
    If you reread Kate's letter she did state that housing was being delayed until 2014, and that they wanted to do it right instead of rushing it out for the sake of doing it. she also stated that there would be more information on the housing later in 2014, that to me does not mean the first quarter, I am not expecting anything with housing until the last quarter of 2014.
    :)

So fluff events, minor changes to the UI, another instance where i'm not actually playing my character. Colour me unimpressed. Well at least there is an update to North Downs, I like that area it just seems "jumbled". I just hope they do not remove the elite orc camps. I just solo'd those quests on one of my guardian alts and am glad to say they were nicely challenging. One mob I had the advantage, two and the fight could go either way, three...run away! I loved it.

Heres hoping that the change in leadership brings back some of the challenge to the game from normal mobs. I'm not asking for every single boar I have to kill to be like the fight on the Bridge of Khazad-Dum but something to keep me awake please while fighting landscape mobs.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Then what is the point of stating that "housing is high on the list", if it wasn't intended to have any "deeper" meaning other than just stating that it's on somebody's list (and may remain on that list for any number of months, years to come). To me this emphasizes that whatever is written on that elusive list, has no meaning at all, and words referencing to that list, really talk about nothing.

I agree. Personally, I feel Turbine's method of communication are incredibly odd. There is too much that is vague or "beat around the bush" which inevitably leads to much speculation and assumption. Sometimes we are told that things are obvious in those vague statements and other times that we shouldn't assume things unless literally stated. But, I for one "assumed" the license had been extended based on the "we plan to continue supporting lotro" and was led to believe I was correct to assume. Other times we should never assume? I don't know.

Aaron,
    is there any chance you can assign a dev to read over the minstrel forums (beta and live) and actually communicate with the minstrels? There were many excellent suggestions made in beta and carried forward to the live forums, which went no place; we're feeling very ignored and neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferathyr View Post
    So fluff events, minor changes to the UI, another instance where i'm not actually playing my character. Colour me unimpressed. Well at least there is an update to North Downs, I like that area it just seems "jumbled". I just hope they do not remove the elite orc camps. I just solo'd those quests on one of my guardian alts and am glad to say they were nicely challenging. One mob I had the advantage, two and the fight could go either way, three...run away! I loved it.

Heres hoping that the change in leadership brings back some of the challenge to the game from normal mobs. I'm not asking for every single boar I have to kill to be like the fight on the Bridge of Khazad-Dum but something to keep me awake please while fighting landscape mobs.
    Is Kate out? I feel like I've seen Rowan post in her stead before, back when he was Senior Producer. Might just be a title change to lure him back from DDO (or keeping him from running off to create an ASoIaF MMO or something ), not necessarily a shuffling of senior staff. Maybe she's in Bermuda spending all her Turbine Points.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Unless the mail services in the Store (which I have not looked at, so I don't know for sure) are a 1-time account unlock like currency cap or extra inventory bags, it would not be the same kind of impact.

When you have VIP perks that can be purchased as 1-time account-wide unlocks, the incentive to be VIP for that perk is eroded. The longer you play as Premium, the cheaper that unlock would be per day where as VIP you are paying the same each month for the rental. In some cases it makes the most sense to be VIP for a month and then buy what you need as Premium rather than stay VIP.

What people are asking for are more VIP perks making it worthwhile to stay VIP. Ideally, these perks would not affect gameplay for Free and Premium folks (I saw some suggestions to have a few PvE zones exclusively for VIP and I don't agree that would be a good idea). Something like this mail perk might be a good step in that direction, as you say.
    In the Store it's a 1 hr service for 75 TP.

I disagree that 1 time purchases erode the incentive to be VIP, or more to the point it doesn't erode the incentive as much as allowing people to sub for a month and keep the perks after dropping to Premium. Perks should be tied to being a current VIP, if you drop down to a lower level the VIP perks go away and if you want certain ones you can purchase them. The "Grandfather Clause was the single biggest factor in making sustained subscriptions unappealing, imo.

I think this is the first time a function developed solely as a Store bought function has been added as a VIP Perk.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

Can, if nothing else, something be done about the massive size of certain windows? I mean, both the BB and trait tree panels are so huge. The take 100% of the vertical space on my screen, and like 70% of the vertical space. Just decrease all the padding and it should be a nice fix already.

Welcome back Rowan btw, as you have probably seen on the forums there is a lot of discussion about how good or bad the last expansion actually is and how it could be improved. I hope you can get some of the major problems fixed relatively soon and make sure stuff actually gets finished before release in the future.
    Last edited by Vulcwen; Feb 26 2014 at 05:36 PM.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzes View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled by the chicken ball. Although I don't mind it and it's nice to see an ingame "game", I hope we don't get any flack from animal lovers.
    I would bet a whole dollar that not a single (real) chicken was harmed in the making or playing of Hobnanigans. As for the animal folks raising a ruckus about chickens participating in the game, let's see one of them get a statement from a (LOTRO) chicken saying he doesn't want to be in it!

Quote Originally Posted by greatmom View Post
    If you reread Kate's letter she did state that housing was being delayed until 2014, and that they wanted to do it right instead of rushing it out for the sake of doing it. she also stated that there would be more information on the housing later in 2014, that to me does not mean the first quarter, I am not expecting anything with housing until the last quarter of 2014.
    Actually, even less committal than that. IIRC, she only said that we would "continue the conversation" about housing in 2014, because the desire is to get it right. So if you really want to be a stickler, don't count on anything ever, other than conversation. That's all we were promised in her last comment on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    I agree. Personally, I feel Turbine's method of communication are incredibly odd. There is too much that is vague or "beat around the bush" which inevitably leads to much speculation and assumption. Sometimes we are told that things are obvious in those vague statements and other times that we shouldn't assume things unless literally stated. But, I for one "assumed" the license had been extended based on the "we plan to continue supporting lotro" and was led to believe I was correct to assume. Other times we should never assume? I don't know.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Sapience and Rowan, you are hereby called out, good sirs! You respond in the game forums as if you're getting ready for a court case and have to be really careful with what you say. Loosen up the tie, get a little attitude going, and give it all to us, flat out, totally new communication style, totally reserving the right to completely change your mind any time you want, but tell us explicitly and in detail what the heck you're thinking! No more lawyerese! Remember Dick the Butcher: first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!

Welcome back Rowan (it was nice seeing you at DDO, but extra cool having you back home) *big smile*

Thank you so much for the tantalizing news about the mail changes. I double checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

Cookies for all!
    Thalia, for Reacher
    Bubbie, for posterity
    Glyndis, because I needed an elf

Is it just me or does people complaining about Big Battles gating the next part of the Epic Book just sound like people trying to get out of buying HD?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Will we find out what happens to Lothrandir?
    The answer to this question is provided in the Lothrandir interlude for Volume 3, Book 10. You will not get the proper ending unless you as the player choose the Lothrandir's solution.

If you want a spoiler send me a private message.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Why can't Book 14 have its own onramp?
    Probably to encourage sales of Helm's Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenworldwide View Post
    Is it just me or does people complaining about Big Battles gating the next part of the Epic Book just sound like people trying to get out of buying HD?

I bought HD and absolutely hate Big Battles. I can't get through them on even one character, simply because I don't like them, let alone the rest of my characters. So, no, it's not just about buying HD

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
    I really hate this fact about LOTRO. Book 13 requires that I complete the Epic Battles to complete the book, and I have neither the desire or time to do so. The Epic Battles are my least favorite part of the game. On top of that, my kin, since the release of Helm's Deep, has dwindled to the point that we don't even have enough players to do the Epic Battles either and calls out on GLFF get you nowhere either.

I really wish Turbine would get away from tying Epic Quests, quests and quest-lines together like this, especially when you are forced to complete Epic Quests in order to open up the basic landscape quests.
    You can do them solo and you only do each battle once for the epic. So, no need for kinmates and it takes little time to do.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Sorry to say that but I really miss Codemasters. Anyway, please keep doing something in the name of Middle Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    I bought HD and absolutely hate Big Battles. I can't get through them on even one character, simply because I don't like them, let alone the rest of my characters. So, no, it's not just about buying HD
    I bought HD and was baffled by Big Battles the only time I tried them, so I've ignored them since. I decided that was a good time to start a new alt, this time completing everything while it's orange or red, with the Stone of the Tortoise to get away from facerolling and outleveling. Since I still really like the pre-Moria stuff, I'm still having fun with that. I was also never grabbed by mounted combat. Guess I'm old-school.

Welcome back, Rowan! Glad to see you have your plate heaped full!
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    I bought HD and was baffled by Big Battles the only time I tried them, so I've ignored them since. I decided that was a good time to start a new alt, this time completing everything while it's orange or red, with the Stone of the Tortoise to get away from facerolling and outleveling. Since I still really like the pre-Moria stuff, I'm still having fun with that. I was also never grabbed by mounted combat. Guess I'm old-school.

Welcome back, Rowan! Glad to see you have your plate heaped full!
    Ha yeah me too. I kept trying and figured them out but still couldn't stand it. It was so completely different than how I play my class , I just couldn't take it anymore. It's amazing that my favorite part of the books is my most hated part of the game.

I understand about the low levels. The only time I play now is when I duo with my gf at lower levels. Lots of nostalgia.

ah-hem

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Hello all! I’m Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online.*

...(He said it! Not me!- Sapience)...

Yeah Hi Sapience, I see you there hiding in the shadows.

You think maybe if you have time you can take a look at the effects Fire and Light Oils are having for Huntsman's version of Barbed Arrow?
    I've submitted a bug ticket, but I'd like to expand on my discovery.
    It seems rather than becoming the the Fire Oil or Light Oil variant, when a Huntsman uses them, Barbed Arrow becomes the Bowmaster version of the skill.
    Rendering you unable to use it while on the move.
    Again, let me stress, I am a Huntsman: Not a Bowmaster, Not a Trapper of Foes.
    Barbed Arrow works just fine for me with no Oils. I can Induct and fire it while on the move.

I appreciate you have a lot on your plate, and many other more pressing matters to deal with.
    And I wouldn't bother with a forum post unless it was something that dealt directly with and such an impact on the central mechanic of my chosen class trait line.
    In the meantime, I've had to forgo the use of oils unless I know movement isn't going to be an issue. That or I know I'll be spending my time on my War-Steed.

I just hope this "little" bug does not escape your attention. Thank you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenworldwide View Post
    I don't think so. Big Battles would be much better if they made you start at rank 1 instead of 0 and if the platinum rewards were always one of your own picking with the added chance at an extra lucky extra.

And if you read the above and think 'give the player in the driverseat their steering wheel back', you've got the philosophy behind it too.

Post Hopes of a young player

Hello all! I’m Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online.*

Update 13 (and LOTRO’s 7th Anniversary) are coming up soon (He said it! Not me!- Sapience). There is a long list of new features with U13, but I want to highlight some of the key items and the great folks that are working on them.

Epic Book: We’re going to Flooded Isengard! MadeofLions has put together an epic experience, where you finally get to experience life as an Ent.

North Downs: This is a vast and classic region. Budgeford is digging in to modernize and improve the space, much like she’s done in the past with Moria.

Fangorn Forest: Quickbeam needs your help! JWBarry has led the charge to build out new quests in Southern Fangorn, including a special friend you might earn.

In addition, mail will now support multiple attachments. VIPs will be able to open mail in the wilderness through your mail alert. Inventory is getting entirely new management options. And we have a new prototype of Hobnangians that we expect to release later this year.

As Kate mentioned, we’re pressing forward to Gondor! We’re digging in deep (but not too deep) to continue the journey through Middle-earth. I look forward to telling you more about our plans for 2014 and into 2015 in the near future.

Rowan

*For those that remember me, I’ve been with LOTRO since 2006. I stepped away over the last year to run Dungeons and Dragons Online. Now I’m back in Middle-earth and thrilled to be working with the LOTRO team again.
    Hi Rowan , I and a nearly 2 ½ years that the game strongly and sincerely hope that improved this game , I hope only that you keep the promises that you have said to do , first of all I hope you can improve the housing making it the most customizable possible as well as a new system of kinschip , and speaking of customization would not hurt to also be able to transform weapons like outfits too bad to see why millions of players with the same weapon , so I want more customization , as well as many in the #### and asked discussed , it would not hurt a re vamp and feel of the races, in certain animations (though some say it 's okay ) are a bit ' old it would not hurt to distinguish the emotes for each race and sex into account that m irendo and a lavorone but this would not be a bad thing ... and then you still have months and months to work so I can not find what the problem is , I know that the animations are so many and I saw that a little something has been changed ... but it would not hurt to have more models beautiful , perhaps a little ' more hairstyles but otherwise I'd prefer a graphical update maybe even making the game more light because for a lot of things lags me to death, talking about something else would not be bad to have an end game seriously, and a bit ' sad that you get to helm and is already over and the whole expansion ( including epic and reputations ) at the end to have one or more raid instances rather than more would not hurt , but I understand this and have a year of improvement and as you have already said does not add new instances and raids in the game, but as someone has already said you could climb other instances there are so many in the game and it would not hurt scalarne someone ( who knows ... maybe those of memory or even of isengard because we're going to back them with the southern area of ??Fangorn ) .
    Finally I conclude by asking rather begging to really improve this game and to pay tribute to the world of Tolkien thanks to this game I'm learning to love , as well as in regard to the re vamp and feel of the races I care much even though I know that will never happen ... (at the bottom would not hurt a lot of games at the moment are doing this type of upgrade [ and I do not do names ] ) .
    I hope you read these words of mine and I hope you can consider the Rowan as many other proposals requested by users ... hopefully .
    My 1° class on Lotro:

Hello all! I’m Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, ...... I’m back in Middle-earth and thrilled to be working with the LOTRO team again.
    Welcome back Aaron, updates sound great!!

Q: Any word on the Moors?
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Icon View Post
    Yeah Hi Sapience, I see you there hiding in the shadows.

You think maybe if you have time you can take a look at the effects Fire and Light Oils are having for Huntsman's version of Barbed Arrow?
    I've submitted a bug ticket, but I'd like to expand on my discovery.
    It seems rather than becoming the the Fire Oil or Light Oil variant, when a Huntsman uses them, Barbed Arrow becomes the Bowmaster version of the skill.
    Rendering you unable to use it while on the move.
    Again, let me stress, I am a Huntsman: Not a Bowmaster, Not a Trapper of Foes.
    Barbed Arrow works just fine for me with no Oils. I can Induct and fire it while on the move.

I appreciate you have a lot on your plate, and many other more pressing matters to deal with.
    And I wouldn't bother with a forum post unless it was something that dealt directly with and such an impact on the central mechanic of my chosen class trait line.
    In the meantime, I've had to forgo the use of oils unless I know movement isn't going to be an issue. That or I know I'll be spending my time on my War-Steed.

I just hope this "little" bug does not escape your attention. Thank you ^^
    Probably worth mentioning I not a developer (I don't work on classes or building things and you honestly don't want me to). I just play a hunter more than any other class. Also worth reminding everyone that the forums aren't for bug reports, you should submit a bug through the /bug tool in game.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast