We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Nice to hear from you Rowan, I remember your name from many years ago.

Firstly, nice to be getting some ViP perks other than TP; I'd like more of these please!

Secondly, I'm glad that something is still being developed; All the layoffs coupled with no response from Turbine whatsoever has fueled the rumourmill as I'm sure you are aware and the Doom-sayers have been out in force!

Lastly, in the first Developer letter a lot was said about a housing revamp, which is the feature I am looking forward to most out of all of them; You have not mentioned this at all in this letter. Am I to presume that this has been set back again? When eventually it DOES get implemented, I think some other subscriber perks such as more free storage and the ability to purchase multiple housing with different toons would be great - an end to maintenance costs would be great as well - they are nominal but annoying all the same!

Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    This Book will indeed be the end of Volume 3, 'Allies of the King.'

MoL
    Yay! Thank you so much, I can now do the third volume on my guard as I like to do an entire volume from start to finish on her.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    That doesn't really tell us whether or not NON-VIP players who've purchased the Helm's Deep expansion need to purchase 'Flooded Isengard' (if that's even a region), to participate in the final part of the epic.

It sounds like a session play to me.

Thanks for the heads up, guys at Turbine. We appreciate it, even if not all of us show it all the time.

Rowan is offline Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    I am wondering whether the surprise is related to the "friend you might earn", but I am guessing we will hear more on that in the next month.
    The "friend you might earn" is a specific reward in Fangorn.

I'm holding any comments on the "class-related surprise" until we have a working prototype. Technically I guess that's a comment.
    Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™

So, in a nutshell, with apologies if anyone has already done this....

i) session play as an Ent

ii) revamped old zone that "most" (sic) players will have left far far behind them

iii)new bags

iv)new book

v)possibly a mini-pet that everyone will have increasing lag and breaking the servers ( I jest), that has nothing to do with the story of The Lord of the Rings

..... Now I need to open Aaron's original post in another window cos I can't remember if there was anything else, ah old age how it does lay low even the mightiest.

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

So what you're saying is that this video is finally true?

https://www.tout.com/m/t3430c
    Check out the LOTRO Reporter site at:
    www.lotroreporter.com
    You can also find us here:
    Twitter Facebook iTunes

I see no mention of balance issues in the update, when are they likely to be addressed? It is frustrating as hell haviing mobs die as soon as you look at them. I have skills I have picked up from the skill trees that I have never even seen because everything dies before I can use them! What is the point of that? I am killing red mobs with basic skills I got back in the intro, when am I going to get a chance to use the tier 2 and higher skills from my skill trees? I have characters in the mid 40's who still haven't managed to try out all their skills because they are killing everything too quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    so maybe it's a Companion pet Ent, like a Bonsai Ent, maybe? Or Shrubbery!

Are we talking about a pet? I remember Turbine previously talked about the possibility of non-class-specific non-combat pets. This is something SWTOR and GW2 do well (although arguably it is overkill in the latter), and would make for a new system of rewards for all types of content (festivals, instances, etc.) to go alongside the current collectible horses.

If you cannot confirm that this is a pet, can you at least confirm that it is something we can use outside of Fangorn? i.e. it is not just Quickbeam following us around for some quests.

I'm holding any comments on the "class-related surprise" until we have a working prototype. Technically I guess that's a comment.
    Understandable. This is obviously something many of us are eager to hear more about whenever that's possible

I would also like to state that letters like this are very welcome. I appreciate that some things cannot be revealed while they are in development, but more communication with players is always, in my opinion, a good thing. I hope we see several more of these letters throughout the year.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Hi everyone from France.

Welcome Back !

We expect that your return will change the ambiant sadness. Last events are devastating in our community (No real end game update, no plans about raids, no plans about end game stuff, no plans about PvMP, no plans about revamp the Rift, no plans, no plans .... and also the layout...)
    I'm a veteran in Lotro since 6 years and it's make me sad to see most friends go away because the game don't go in the good direction. (new class change make my little hobbit the most abusive ### roxxor in the Tolkien's World; just revamping old areas, adding some convenients tools and make a new epic book that gave us 2 or 3 days max to finish it -slowly- at every update ....)

So, this is my request : PLease, Please, Please DO more consideration about Pvpmp. Please.

My time is mostly played in Ettenmoors and the place need some change. Now.
    You have made a great Pvp in this game (maybee without known it): a sandbox with fights made by players and this is so fun ! Do it better, please.

Don't forget that : The Pvpmp is the only one challenge alternative between contents update !
    And with no plans about significants contents update in 2014, Yours veteran players and yours raiders players will go away. And maybee no return.

Thanks a lot for giving me my best game of my life but please reconsider your opinion about your next nearly pvmp plans.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    This Book starts after the Battle of the Hornburg is over, and you'll need to have finished Book 13 to start it. So you'll want the Helm's Deep expansion.

MoL
    I really hate this fact about LOTRO. Book 13 requires that I complete the Epic Battles to complete the book, and I have neither the desire or time to do so. The Epic Battles are my least favorite part of the game. On top of that, my kin, since the release of Helm's Deep, has dwindled to the point that we don't even have enough players to do the Epic Battles either and calls out on GLFF get you nowhere either.

I really wish Turbine would get away from tying Epic Quests, quests and quest-lines together like this, especially when you are forced to complete Epic Quests in order to open up the basic landscape quests.
    Note: My posts are my OPINION, and are NOT intended to "troll", "provoke", "bait" or "harass".
    If my posts are taken as such, then I humbly apologize in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
    I really hate this fact about LOTRO. Book 13 requires that I complete the Epic Battles to complete the book, and I have neither the desire or time to do so. The Epic Battles are my least favorite part of the game. On top of that, my kin, since the release of Helm's Deep, has dwindled to the point that we don't even have enough players to do the Epic Battles either and calls out on GLFF get you nowhere either.
    Seconded.

Why can't Book 14 have its own onramp?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Moukou View Post
    You have made a great Pvp in this game (maybee without known it): a sandbox with fights made by players and this is so fun ! Do it better, please.
    i second this. you guys made the pvmp as a side project when lotro first came out, i'm not sure you realize how good it is and the potential it has for greatness. i wish you would stop treating pvmp as a side project and put some more effort into it, especially since it is basically the end game now and, aside from the freaver, you have to pay for VIP to play it.
    Last edited by Rupture1; Feb 26 2014 at 01:54 PM.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that there's a plan for 2015. I was very afraid that the recent layoffs meant that WB and Turbine were going to be shuttering LoTRO as the official announcement sure made it clear that LoTRO isn't a "growth area".

I really wish Turbine would get away from tying Epic Quests, quests and quest-lines together like this, especially when you are forced to complete Epic Quests in order to open up the basic landscape quests.
    I agree. The way HD was done was very bad IMO. That expansion has nothing for me. So when I get to that level, I am SOL on doing anything.

There next expansion needs to be done much differently then HD.

You don't need other players to complete five Epic Battles that are linked with Book 13. You can solo them. Also you don't need to complete any side quests at all, you only need to achieve iron medal from the main quest which basically means the quest finishes without any key NPC's (Gamling, Gimli, Aragorn, Legolas, Eomer) dying, and that counts as completed Battle for the Epic.

^ This.

As long as "new content" is gated by Epic Battles then I will never see it, and if there's no new content for me to see then there's no need for me to part with cash.

Epic Battles are, IMO, the very worst part of the game, in fact they are probably the worst part of any MMO I have ever played.

All The Best

Quote Originally Posted by Egilric View Post
    ^ This.

As long as "new content" is gated by Epic Battles then I will never see it, and if there's no new content for me to see then there's no need for me to part with cash.

Epic Battles are, IMO, the very worst part of the game, in fact they are probably the worst part of any MMO I have ever played.

All The Best
    I would also add mounted combat & wish they would stop adding it to zones.

Thank you for the update and welcome back Aaron Campbell. I hope to hear from you more frequently this year!

I'm a bit disheartened to read that the new Epic Book can only be started if the previous one has been completed. This means that my alts will not be doing the new Book, as pushing my main character through the Epic Battles once was more than enough. It's a shame really, because that means less playtime and less fun with my alts.

I'm also confused about the Housing update. I understand that Kate Paiz made no such commitment or promise in so many words, but this is an issue that has been dragging its feet for a long time already, and I honestly believed that Housing being "high on the list" actually meant something tangible. Perhaps I misunderstood Sapience, but it feels as if it is now suggested that players should not read any meaning into such words other than what it literally says: it's on somebody's list.

Other than the confusion about the Housing, and the resistance against dragging my alts through the EB's in order to continue the Epic story, I am looking forward to the coming update. Thank you for the VIP perk, though I will most certainly not be making use of it as my inventory is always already overflowing when wandering around in the wilds, so no room to open up mail as well.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Hail Rowan,

Glad to see some more information about upcoming content. I like that. I could ask for more. I would but other people beat me to it. Nothing left for me to ask. Buggers.

And also happy to see you make the effort of posting in person. It's a little thing, and it matters.

This is a good start. Keep up the momentum and good luck!

Cheers, Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    You don't need other players to complete five Epic Battles that are linked with Book 13. You can solo them. Also you don't need to complete any side quests at all, you only need to achieve iron medal from the main quest which basically means the quest finishes without any key NPC's (Gamling, Gimli, Aragorn, Legolas, Eomer) dying, and that counts as completed Battle for the Epic.
    This is true. I got two characters through Book 13 doing exactly this.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    ...but it feels as if it is now suggested that players should not read any meaning into such words other than what it literally says...
    This isn't new to be honest. I've always encourage people to read the words written and not to to assign meaning or intent to them. A very large amount of disappointment can be avoided by not trying to dig out some deeper, probably nonexistent, meaning only to find out that it you've created an idea in your mind that did not exist in the speaker's (typers?).

Welcome back Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    As you may know (or not), I'm a supporter of Turbine's Lua interface. I know Turbine is working with a leaner development team but I wonder if the devs that were donating their time to implement the Lua API survived the layoffs and if so, can they get some official support for developing the Lua API? There are literally dozens of Lua plugin developers which provide Turbine with hundreds of man-hours of custom UI development for each hour that Turbine investment. We received a partial update to the documentation this past year (some of the API is still undocumented or inaccurately documented) but we did not get any kind of API enhancements and no bug fixes - Turbine would see a huge return on investment if they would start officially supporting the Lua API.
    I would like to second this. I don't feel that we ask a lot over on the Lua forums - generally a few new APIs and bug fixes - but nothing on a grand scale. If someone could spend a few hours a week working on the Lua implementation we would really appreciate it. I've just reworked a rather large plugin of mine which alone has taken in excess of 100 hours of my own free time over the past several weeks. To know that Turbine are putting a little effort towards it would make it seem more worthwhile.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    This is true. I got two characters through Book 13 doing exactly this.
    True, yes. It's still tedious, unfun, and something I'd rather avoid.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Hello all! I’m Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online.*

Update 13 (and LOTRO’s 7th Anniversary) are coming up soon (He said it! Not me!- Sapience). There is a long list of new features with U13, but I want to highlight some of the key items and the great folks that are working on them.

Epic Book: We’re going to Flooded Isengard! MadeofLions has put together an epic experience, where you finally get to experience life as an Ent.

North Downs: This is a vast and classic region. Budgeford is digging in to modernize and improve the space, much like she’s done in the past with Moria.

Fangorn Forest: Quickbeam needs your help! JWBarry has led the charge to build out new quests in Southern Fangorn, including a special friend you might earn.

In addition, mail will now support multiple attachments. VIPs will be able to open mail in the wilderness through your mail alert. Inventory is getting entirely new management options. And we have a new prototype of Hobnangians that we expect to release later this year.

As Kate mentioned, we’re pressing forward to Gondor! We’re digging in deep (but not too deep) to continue the journey through Middle-earth. I look forward to telling you more about our plans for 2014 and into 2015 in the near future.

Rowan

*For those that remember me, I’ve been with LOTRO since 2006. I stepped away over the last year to run Dungeons and Dragons Online. Now I’m back in Middle-earth and thrilled to be working with the LOTRO team again.
    Hello and welcome back,

This all sounds good and interesting, I am looking forward to the Inventory revamp and always enjoy new content, as far as revamping older regions goes I would much rather you spent the time and money doing something more productive, let's face it, a few present players may go and have a look but it's 70 levels below most so not much use, and the new players that see it won't know any difference. I know people run alts through there, but most speed through old content to get to max level ASAP .

The time and resources would better be spent on new Raids and PvP, as someone has already pointed out Ettenmoors may have started as a small diversion from PvE, but nowadays it is so very much more, check the Forums, there are hundreds of posts concerning PvP.

BUT, before you do anything you need to address the lag problems, PvP will soon be unplayable if it continues to worsen, our kin has stopped doing Flight to the Lonely Mountain Raid as the lag on summoner waves destroys any hope of completing it, and it has been observed lag is affecting other Raids, although on a smaller scale, Mounted Combat lagging and rubber banding has still not been solved.

So before you do anything else, sort the lag, don't add to it.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast