We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Welcome back, Rowan.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ee82ee][I]There is a seed of courage hidden (often deeply, it is true) in the heart of the fattest and most timid hobbit, waiting for some final and desperate danger to make it grow.[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#008000] - Fog on the Barrow-Down[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SweetDemise View Post
    Please bring back real end-game raids so I can come back home.
    I can handle change. I was excited about trait trees and liked em, dont know too many others who agree with me. Big Battles? Boring, garbage. Dont know anyone who likes them.

Mail and inv..good but not enough..
    GIVE US END GAME....its why we level.. To get to level cap. FIX OUR PVP AND GIVE US RAIDS.

I know I "missed" this one, but that was on purpose, since it was said somewhere else and not posted by an official bluename.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Youi missed one that sits right before the last quote you listed. This from a Take the Hobbits to Isengard thread.
    But if we take this into account, still doesnt change much I would say.

We were still not told anything about how the rules changed after the event was over, there was no real communication during the event about how the plaques were gonna be made. And the last part could/would have changed how some people donated their tokens.

I am asking for some sort of way for those of us who dont agree with the name on the plaque, to get it changed, or at least get the information given to us about the donation number for our account and characters.

In my eyes, the decition to put on all those names were made by the creator of the event, and the original post where it was said "1 character per account" could still be done, you would simply have to accept it would take time to contact people then.
    But the team in charge made the original rule, and decided on the change and should know the consequence of how much work it would give them.

The community has offered to help clear this up with the names, in another thread that was locked, why not accept the help.
    This might actually give some sort of good PR for the company as well.

To reply to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    I think it's silly how some are going on & on over this.

Yes they didn't think things out clearly like they should. Things happen, that's life.

Frankly I would rather see them tend to other issues that are much more serious then this. Right now I just don't see them having the extra time to wait on 1400 people to contact them in a name change.
    I keep "going on & on over this" since I have a crafting alt on the plaque ( even a pretty unknown one that I only told my friends were mine ), and I want my main there.
    And because I am 99% sure that I donated the most tokens with my main and not the character that is now on the plaque.
    I donated for the title on 16 alts, bought the mount on 2, and then donated most of the rest of my tokens with my main.
    But there is apparently no way to complain about this.
    And the problem with this, we are very few who disagree with this, so we are easy to ignore, that is why I think it is important to keep going, even using the channels I was told to contact, 2 weeks later and no responce.
    Bazzakrak - Champion - Riddermark - LvL 85 - Still looking to get correct name on Bounder token plaque.
    Now also banned from posting on the lotro facebook page.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    so maybe it's a Companion pet Ent, like a Bonsai Ent, maybe? Or Shrubbery!
    A Shrubbery!! NI !!

Ecky ecky pikang whoop zihoy-nae!! ( ni )

Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    Good news on the inven/mail changes for VIPS, and good timing on the announcement in view of the anxiety over the recent personnel losses . . .

but . . .

I really had to lol when I read the first three items --- everything the players have said they do NOT want:

--Session play has been universally condemned all the way back to game launch . . . yay we get more MANDATORY session play!
    --The initial SOA version of the game is viewed by most original players as being the Golden Age of the game . . . yet the current developers seem intent on ruthlessly destroying all of the original content, making that forever unavailable -- North Downs content to be destroyed and replaced with more of this easy mode content I guess-- as has gone the original Moria, GB, Fornost, Helegrod, on level L50 group content, on level L60 group content, on level L65 group content, on level L75 group content, and on level L85 group content.
    --and best of all- no new on level group content, the #1 thing the players want (hmm, wow I just thought of a great idea-- instead of having the developers spend all their time destroying old content, what if they instead spent time on creating new content!)

Its no longer aggravating tho-- Its just comical, its like they try to figure out exactly what people don't want, and then do it

Well, at least they aren't raising the level cap again.
    The only thing you mention that I personally don't like is raising the level cap. Then again, there are probably plenty of people who *do* like that, so even there, you can't speak for "the players" as a whole.

I happen to like session play because one of the things that keeps me coming back to LOTRO is the story. Anything they add that helps tell that story is good in my book. When that means session play taking us to places, times, and events our characters could not otherwise visit, great!

Destroying the North Downs? I'l reserve my judgement on that until I see it. I really hope they are not removing the harder areas entirely, but I don't think other revisions have "destroyed" content. For example, I see many more people willing to run Fornost now that it is not a full day event and can be broken up into play sessions.

Basically: Please don't speak for me when you talk about what *you* want. Thanks.
    Last edited by Thornglen; Feb 28 2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
    Am I the one of the few players that isn't thrilled about the idea of an invisible mailbox in the field? I mean, it is a nice feature idea, and I am sure many players will love it, and I am very happy that the game continues to grow, expand and evolve, but I like the realism aspects of the game most of all.
    I don't know how few we are (probably very few but you never know), but I'm with you--I prefer the realism of having to visit a mailbox to the idea that somehow mail magically appears in our pockets.

I still just can't get over the lack of mention of any balancing coming with U13. It's so depressing. Last night we 3-manned a 12-man on-level skirmish. It was so easy that it was not enjoyable in any way. Yawn.

--Session play has been universally condemned all the way back to game launch . . . yay we get more MANDATORY session play!

It might be mandatory, it might not. It could just as easily be an optional Interlude.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

so.. mail and inventory changes... *trying to figure where the mith coins are going to fit into this*
    *gasp* :eek: I have to kill THAT many for the deed?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    I don't know how few we are (probably very few but you never know), but I'm with you--I prefer the realism of having to visit a mailbox to the idea that somehow mail magically appears in our pockets.

I still just can't get over the lack of mention of any balancing coming with U13. It's so depressing. Last night we 3-manned a 12-man on-level skirmish. It was so easy that it was not enjoyable in any way. Yawn.

I too would prefer having to get to a mailbox versus having stuff simply poof into my bags out in the field. But what I think is cool about this is that is an addition which many people seem to be for, and which isn't being forced upon me. Meaning I can still have the realism I want, and others can have the benefit of getting mail wherever they are - best of both worlds.

Still in no way makes up for the utter lack of challenge in combat or near total lack of end game, but at least it's something.
    I had
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a6174/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    as a sig before it was popular

I really had to lol when I read the first three items --- everything the players have said they do NOT want:

--The initial SOA version of the game is viewed by most original players as being the Golden Age of the game . . . yet the current developers seem intent on ruthlessly destroying all of the original content, making that forever unavailable -- North Downs content to be destroyed and replaced with more of this easy mode content I guess-- as has gone the original Moria, GB, Fornost, Helegrod, on level L50 group content, on level L60 group content, on level L65 group content, on level L75 group content, and on level L85 group content.
    --and best of all- no new on level group content, the #1 thing the players want (hmm, wow I just thought of a great idea-- instead of having the developers spend all their time destroying old content, what if they instead spent time on creating new content!)
    You may be surprised, then, that the first two have been asked for. Over and over and over. They are no where NEAR as universally unwanted as you seem to believe.

1) Session play has NOT been universally condemned. Like, ever. In fact, aside from bugs that make a person grind his/her teeth, MUCH of what I've ever seen actually shows the exact opposite. Furthermore, this is hardly mandatory. This is going to be part of the Epic line. You can't even access this book of the Epic unless you've purchased HD and completed the previous HD books. And this book is also going to finish off Volume III. It should in no way be required in order to begin Volume IV.

2) The initial SoA version of the game is worshiped by many players through rose-tinted glasses. End of story. As for ND (and other places), I'm well aware that some people like some areas and others hate those areas, etc. However, you may then be surprised that the three areas players seem to want revamped the most are: North Downs, Trollshaws and the Misties. Many might even add Angmar to that list, but probably fear of having the "ol' timers" jump down their throat at the mere thought of "EZ-moding" their beloved Angmar. Me? I hate that area with a passion.

3) And you know this... how? We are getting a new quest pack (South Fangorn). How do you know it won't have landscape group content? Group content does NOT always equal instances. You can have raid content without having an instance. So you are counting the chicks before they are hatched. Furthermore, it is NOT the #1 thing players want. Believe it or not, raiders (and PvPers) are a very vocal minority. I don't disagree with them (heck, I liked ToO, Smaug, etc unbelievably more than I like EBs and certainly more than no raids at all) but to say it's the #1 desired thing is pure hyperbole.

I'm indifferent about raising level caps. I don't like grinding out new gear and whatnot, but on the other hand if it was always the same level cap then I'd feel like I was going no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Basically: Please don't speak for me when you talk about what *you* want. Thanks.
    This. A thousand times this.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Welcome back Aaron, good to have 'an old hand' at the helm.
    Good luck with your new job.
    Leader of S.O.A Firefoot

85 LM 85 Min 85 Burg 85 Capt 85 RK 84 Guard 65 Warden 75 Champ 85 Burg

I strongly dislike session play and skip it every opportunity possible - or grit my teeth when I have to do it in order to move on. It doesn't matter to me whether I'm a ranger, boy scout in blue stripes, dwarf, troll, orc, hobbit.... I dislike them all and don't get a sense of "omg this is so cool" out of it. Those sessions would be much more enjoyable to me if my little hobbit minstrel could be actually there in a dream sequence watching as opposed to having to be the "fill-in-whatever" from history. I love the lore - I don't want to play the character with bizarre/broken/unfamiliar skills.

Mail in the wilderness doesn't excite me at all. Multiple attachments to mail is greatly appreciated. Now apparently my hobbits have been issued android devices and it seems out of place. Are there apps included? Flappy birds perhaps? A version of Hobnanigans?

Hobnanigans... I'm happy for those that like this sort of thing.

I understand there is no raid or instance cluster planned for 2014. I still wish there would be word given out on when there will be a raid and instance cluster. Is it even in the works for 2015 or are we just SOL for the future?

Redoing old areas is nice for newer people and alts, but for me it wasn't an issue before on alts and I don't see it as a real value added to the game. Even adding new 95 areas like Wildemore and Great River don't do much for me because a) we don't need better gear to grind for since we're OP as it is, b) there's no instances or raids released with this new area, and c) I've totally missed why even do it without a need for improved "stuff" and a place to use it.

Glad to see some new/old blood at the top. Hopefully there will be some hard looks at whether or not the direction the game is taking is the right one. I'd really like to see this car turned around and take a different route - perhaps the direction we were going when raids and instances were created along with the notion of soloable epics and content for players who didn't want to raid but still wanted to have challenging play.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Frappy View Post
    A Shrubbery!! NI !!

Ecky ecky pikang whoop zihoy-nae!! ( ni )
    No doubt intended to go hand and paw with "L'ill Bear Ganker" (aka "L'ill Bunny Ganker") -- after all he made TWO appearances in Wildermore!
    (The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog)
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Good news on the inven/mail changes for VIPS, and good timing on the announcement in view of the anxiety over the recent personnel losses . . .
    While I won't argue with being able to open mail anywhere as a VIP... I can see how it would bother those who prefer the immersion of having to visit a mailbox.
    My question is... can we SEND mail from anywhere.

Also, I do not think people were anywhere near "anxious" about the "recent personnel losses." Rather, I believe people were wanting to know what the results would be due to the recent upheaval in staff.

If the recent upheaval means that some really good people have been returned to working on LOTRO... and the results of that are good... but, we have yet to know what the extent of the impact will be.

Actually, most of the things listed are things that the players have been asking for. I, myself, know of several people. Sorry, but trying to pass of what you didn't want as "what the players don't want" doesn't work.

Session play has been universally condemned all the way back to game launch . . . yay we get more MANDATORY session play!
    Maybe in your own little universe has session play been universally condemned. Most people don't seem to mind it as long as it isn't overdone. So far, session plays seem to be inserted only when it makes sense to do so.

And, we don't yet know if this will be session play. Saying "experiencing life as an Ent" could mean a couple different things. I hear that jumping to conclusions isn't wise...

The initial SOA version of the game is viewed by most original players as being the Golden Age of the game . . . yet the current developers seem intent on ruthlessly destroying all of the original content, making that forever unavailable -- North Downs content to be destroyed and replaced with more of this easy mode content I guess-- as has gone the original Moria, GB, Fornost, Helegrod, on level L50 group content, on level L60 group content, on level L65 group content, on level L75 group content, and on level L85 group content.
    Sad to break it to you... but most of the people who would [now] be leveling through those areas probably don't even know about what it was like during SOA. Also, given that the game is now at level 95 for a level cap... the areas being revamped are long past their glory days.
    And, while I don't agree with the lack of emphasis on any group content... if Turbine wants to make the game generally more solo-friendly... so you can enjoy the game at your own pace... leveling and experiencing the story of the game should not be tedious... then the developers do need to put time into revamping older areas.

And, if what they did with Moria is any clue... the revamps will be well-done and will still be fun.

and best of all- no new on level group content, the #1 thing the players want (hmm, wow I just thought of a great idea-- instead of having the developers spend all their time destroying old content, what if they instead spent time on creating new content!)
    I would caution a bit of "not jumping to conclusions." We do know there isn't any significant new instances or raids planned for this year. That doesn't mean they can't still slip in some decent group content by other means. They could still slip in some Limlight Gorge style content which I know would be quite welcomed by many people.

Also, I don't think group content is the #1 thing people want... pretty sure that having the developers fix up the bugs in what we already have would be highest on the list.

As others have said... please don't assume to speak for others.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Untrue on both counts. You'll be pleased to know that the sessionplay in Book 14 is optional, and you can skip it if you like.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Thanks for all your concerns and your well-wishes.

I want to provide a fairly complete picture of our goals for this year and next year, so I'm holding off on any partial answers. Bear with me for now.

The team is focused on pushing U13 through to code freeze and preparing for LOTRO's 7th Anniversary. If you've noted my style on DDO, I prefer to be direct and also to be sure when I commit the team to a direction. I will have a lot more to say as we get closer to the Anniversary.

It's good to be back!
    Could you please just tell us what you are doing (if anything) to address the Lag issues, a problem that is getting worse as time goes by, and the more you build into the game, Multi-mail, new inventory etc will only make it worse.

I kinda like being given tidbits concerning the game and its content, keeps a little suspense, but where Lag is concerned I feel we need to be clear on what you are doing to combat this.

Please, tell us you are going to fix the lag.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_the_Cat View Post
    OMG, Entplay for real, I never thought this day would come!
    Let's root for entplay!

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Untrue on both counts. You'll be pleased to know that the sessionplay in Book 14 is optional, and you can skip it if you like.

MoL
    I can tell you now I won't be skipping it. While it can be jarring for a Minstrel to be tossed into session play with, say, Champion skills, I think it is a) a good change of pace once in a while and b) a nice way to let us take part in events where, even bending lore, our characters could not participate.

I look forward to the Gollum session play at Mount Doom multiple expansions from now.

I can tell you now I won't be skipping it. While it can be jarring for a Minstrel to be tossed into session play with, say, Champion skills, I think it is a) a good change of pace once in a while and b) a nice way to let us take part in events where, even bending lore, our characters could not participate.

I look forward to the Gollum session play at Mount Doom multiple expansions from now.
    I like it, too. Though, I wish it could have been a bit more spaced out in places like the parting of the Fellowship. It seemed like I was playing *not my character* for the better part of 3 hours. But in 20 minute doses I really like it.

Being an ent sounds like it could be a lotta fun!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000989c8/01008/signature.png]Julesven[/charsig]

This is very true. I started with a minstrel, and the Vol I session plays gave me fits because I was used to standing back and blasting with ranged skills. Then I rolled a burglar for my second main. Session plays while I'm on the minstrel character are much easier now that I've gotten some melee experience from the burglar.

MoL
    Yup I've enjoyed "most" session play.
    One problem (as it is with the game in general) is when you go through on multiple characters and it gets repetitive.

Looking forward to my Ent hurling boulders at Saruman though.
    The "voice" of Saruman wouldn't have any effect on an Ent either unless Saruman is prepared to be very, very patient in his speech.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

MoL
    Thank goodness! I hate session play, as do all the people I play with. In fact, it's one of the most complained about features among those people I regularly play with when we are leveling up new alts. The broken session play in the Moria epic is where lots of us just stop doing the books altogether. I'll pass, but I hope those who like that kind of thing enjoy the new content.

The Bree's caravans go out from dwarven place in U13? We saw at one of the Bree loading screens.

I would hope that an ent session play is not the only sight we get of Isengard destroyed.

Such an epic event and a critical turning point in the war... I don't think that alone would do it justice.
    It would be a great place for a skirmish, for example, or even an offensive Big Battle where certain objectives have to be completed before the flooding - rescuing slaves, preventing the defenders using fire weaponry against the ents - that kind of thing.

Maybe it can't be done right this minute, but I would love to see something big at some point.
    Last edited by Mirnir; Feb 28 2014 at 01:04 PM.

I happen to love Session play. It is not universally condemned. Starting with Volume 3, Book 10 it is no longer mandatory. I can do them because I enjoy them. You can totally ignore them unless you feel that the session play rewards like cosmetic gear for the Volume 3, Book 10 session plays are valuable to you.
    The problem that developed years ago was that this content is unavailable to many players. The player base had changed to include a lot of customers that refused to do group content. I found myself in the situation that I could not get thru Volume 1, Book 15 or Volume 2, Books 1-6 because I did not know enough people that were both willing to do group content, willing to play a tank or healer, skilled enough to complete the content and or have the gear required.

I was able to this content done on my Guardian and or Minstrel. My Burglar, Captaiin, Champion, Hunter and Lore Master. I had to wait for the solo pass on the Epic Line.
    I agree it is important to you. A lot people that I know have little to no interest in group content.
    Its no longer aggravating tho-- Its just comical, its like they try to figure out exactly what people don't want, and then do it
    The biggest problem when offering a service like Lotro is how many resources to allocate to each type of content based on your customer mix. Obviously Turbine is not meeting your needs.
    Well, at least they aren't raising the level cap again.
    No level cap raise in 2014 is a disappointment to me.

I am looking forward Turbine ripping at the landscape group areas in Angmar, North Downs, Misty Mountains and Trollsahws. They are wast4ed space and lightly used content. When my friends do this low level group content like in North Downs they do not do it with an at level group. They bring a ringer - level 70 Champion to Dol Dinen in North Down with a few at level buddies. They do the content together since none of them have done it. The Champion is putting all the locals thru the high speed meat grinder that she brought.

The norm in 2014 for games like Lotro, Swtor and WoW is to race to the level cap. Once level capped, start the group content.

You do see people doing group content in Swtor before level cap because Swtor allows you to collect certain kinds of barter coins that are useful at level cap when doing content below the level cap. You also see the behavior of over leveling content. Going back when the group content is grey. So that you can get your barter coins. This situation is fairly common with planet commendations. They get them from all regular content. You can buy useful stuff with planet commendations as you level. Excess commendations - you can buy stuff - sell it to other players for in game gold.

The concept that I was used to with Everquest and other older games seems to gone away. People level in solo play not doing group content.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast