We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Website seems broken

Since the revamp of the forums, there used to be a row of titles/subtitles - game/community and a couple of others, along the top of the page, next to the LOTRO logo, and these have now disappeared - is this just a bug that I'm seeing, or has something broken?
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

They have just vanished for me also... can't work out why?

Not sure...though if it was intentional it seems rather foreboding, and I do hope that this doesn't have anything to do with the upcoming announcement...
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

it appears that most of the main site has vanished.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Same for me...I thought it was my home comp but at work same issue and it is not restricted to chrome...same on firefox and ie.

Looks like we will have to learn German as they still have the menus...French and English vanish...

Stranger and stranger....
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Everything still works fine for me, so it's not a universal problem. But some other folks who noticed the same problems as you started a thread earlier, and I think they found a work-around. You can check it at: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Squirreliness

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    Everything still works fine for me, so it's not a universal problem. But some other folks who noticed the same problems as you started a thread earlier, and I think they found a work-around. You can check it at: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Squirreliness
    So you can still access things such as the descriptions of the regions which used to exist under 'The Game' tab which most people claim has vanished (other than in the German version)?

(and yeah, I can still access the forums via googling it, which is as easy as bookmarking, which was their suggestion, but I am rather curious as to where this stuff has disappeared to...)

EDIT: And you can also find a way to the English version of these pages if your German is good enough to translate the URL
    Last edited by Tirian-Hammerfist; Feb 26 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    So you can still access things such as the descriptions of the regions which used to exist under 'The Game' tab which most people claim has vanished (other than in the German version)?

(and yeah, I can still access the forums via googling it, which is as easy as bookmarking, which was their suggestion, but I am rather curious as to where this stuff has disappeared to...)
    Oh, maybe I lost something, too, just don't miss it because never used it. So you guys aren't talking about the row of tabs that reads What's New? then Forum and Dev Tracker and Community Guidelines and so on? Oh, and I wouldn't say 'most people' ... we're talking maybe a dozen people have reported this problem so far. It may absolutely be an isolated thing.

Oh, maybe I lost something, too, just don't miss it because never used it. So you guys aren't talking about the row of tabs that reads What's New? then Forum and Dev Tracker and Community Guidelines and so on?
    No, the stuff that is between your login ID and the items you mentioned. Once logged in you can not access the forums, only way I was able to get here was follow a link from the LOTRO launcher.

same trouble here, no link to community, store, etc...

pretty annoying

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    No, the stuff that is between your login ID and the items you mentioned. Once logged in you can not access the forums, only way I was able to get here was follow a link from the LOTRO launcher.
    Hmm, I never even looked for those, or used them. I always navigate by saved pages. But no, on this page we're currently on, I see no tabs in the brown band below "My Account" and above the grey bar that includes "What's New?" I don't recall ever seeing tabs in that brown space, though (that may just be my mind 'failing to save' the information since it was never of any importance to me).

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Hmm, I never even looked for those, or used them. I always navigate by saved pages. But no, on this page we're currently on, I see no tabs in the brown band below "My Account" and above the grey bar that includes "What's New?" I don't recall ever seeing tabs in that brown space, though (that may just be my mind 'failing to save' the information since it was never of any importance to me).
    Up there, there used to be info about the game, the redirect to the forums, and all that stuff. It's gone for me too.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

the problem is: I have a shortcut to the lottery page. The bar you first mentioned with "what's new/forum . . . is not there. There used to be drop downs just below your account name to get to the forums and a few other places. Those are missing so unless you have a link to a thread, you can't get to the forums or see the "what's new", and thus the forums are not accessible.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    The bar's back for me.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Easca View Post
    The bar's back for me.
    Ah there it is, Welcome back bar, Thanks Turbine for fixing it.

Ah, and now I see what you guys were missing! Yes, I had seen that before but--never having used any of those tabs--I didn't consciously realize I was missing anything while it was gone. Glad it's back for you all!

Yay, welcome back, bar-thingy

The cynical amongst us are probably asking themselves, so what has changed? =D (unless it was a script error on the page, quickly corrected).

Anyone spot any undocumented changes?

It's back for me now, too. Most likely it was gone for a lot more people, but only those of us who use the bar a lot noticed its absence.

As for why it disappeared, who knows? Maybe Sapience will enlighten us later today. I can think of two possibilities offhand: 1) a minor behind the scenes revamp scrambled/deleted something in the forum code that sets up the bar, or 2) they took it off deliberately while investigating the Pando issue and a new solution for a download manager.

Reading anything else into it is heading further into tin foil hat (helm?) territory than I care to venture.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    ... Reading anything else into it is heading further into tin foil hat (helm?) territory than I care to venture.
    I would respond about southern genteel chickens carrying axes and wearing tin foil helms, but that would be crossing the streams--errm, the threads--and as we all know, you NEVER cross the streams!