We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Maybe the Devs or players can answer.

Is it true that within the next major update that there are going to be catapults and stuff? These were rumors I was hearing from players on my server. Maybe someone can clear this up.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Carnin84 View Post
    Is it true that within the next major update that there are going to be catapults and stuff? These were rumors I was hearing from players on my server. Maybe someone can clear this up.
    A question was asked in the Q&A with the devs, and the answer was they are looking into/or working on trying to place catapults in the Ettenmoors. Nothing was ever said on when it would be released in PvP.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1BxerMO.jpg[/IMG]
    The mind twists and bends to shake the horrors of life
    The mind, keeping it's sanity, bends so far that it snaps in two.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ebruary-6-2014

Q9: Are you planning a major Ettenmoors update during 2014?
    A: [HoarseDev] – We’re presently working on shoring up some of the fundamentals (long overdue stat updates). We are also prototyping some new stuff. No promises, but I want to see if we can get catapults in there.

I think they are a long way from bringing catapults in there.

They need to do something major seeing as you can only enter the moors (freepside) with a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by pvdtheking View Post
    They need to do something major seeing as you can only enter the moors (freepside) with a sub.
    I don't consider this to be a bad thing in the slightest. Unfortunately, Turbine are also intent on creating a Moors-pass, which will mean that players can buy their way into the Moors freepside via TP, which will be rather detrimental to the balance in the Moors.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I don't consider this to be a bad thing in the slightest. Unfortunately, Turbine are also intent on creating a Moors-pass, which will mean that players can buy their way into the Moors freepside via TP, which will be rather detrimental to the balance in the Moors.
    It is a bad thing as people continue to pay per month to access an area when turbine wont spend any of that money on upgrading said area.....in this case the ettens. If turbine were committed to bringing a new area/features to the ettens regularly then yeah a sub-only option is fair, but as things are people are spending money to access an area that doesnt get enough attention to warrant paying for.