We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Combat Logging

Combat Logging

TBH i like the shortened logout time when it is time for me to log off for the day. however, the 10s logout wait time has made it incredibly easy for a creep with high morale to logout mid fight denying the attacker the kill. some people will just log to another toon for an hour just in case the attacker decides to wait for them to log back on. making logout impossible while in combat is not really a good idea either, as it is possible to get completely combat locked, and then be unable to logout.

i think the best solution (besides the people who combat log every single time figuring out its not that big of a deal if you die) is to make logging off interrupt-able, or increasing the amount of time it takes to log off in the moors if you are not inside grams/gv.

fortunately, most creeps do not combat log, so for now, the issue is only with a few people. I dont even try to combat log, because i dont really care if i die on any of my toons. instead i will try hard for 1 last kill before i go down. Just annoying to see people hugging their Rating and K/D and choosing to combat log instead of facing the fact that they are about to die.

anyway, just my thoughts after watching a creep combat log every single time i or a friend found him :P, curious about what the rest of Dwarro thinks about this.

It would be nice if they did keep it at the traditional duration when not in Grams or GV. Personally, I am not a big fan or it (for the most part). Although that doesn't mean I won't do it from time to time. Usually it's when I am messing around with friends or trying to annoying specific people.

The best solution to this issue is to just increase the duration. You will still come across certain people doing it depending on their class but will certainly decrease the amount of combat loggers which means no Creeps would be able to. Not a bad thing but I am sure people will find it reason enough to complain about.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Don't forget, freeps are just as guilty with this as creeps are. I myself had 3 different freeps combat log on my group today while we were running around. I agree that something should be done about it, but both parties are guilty.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

was not assuming that just creeps combat log, but as i mainly play freep i dont see freeps doing it. i am sure there are freeps doing the same thing. i am sorry if it came off like i was accusing creeps on this issue, that was not my intention whatsoever.

if you combat log, you deserve to be cjed and should be grounds for ganking for the nxt week or two.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Reminds me of the failure playing on xuneng's account. Caught him in gta, combat logged, waited for him, he comes back and double tng'd, couldn't finish me off, hips and runs away.

Only burg failing more than that is youdieoff. Fear not little fails, my cj's will be coming your way once I catch any of you solo and if you have any dignity to stay and fight one on one.

If I see Nwno within 20 metres of me I combat log, wipe my hardrive, leave the house and buy a new burner, fake passport and Jonp style Afro wig...
    [SIZE=3][B]Ohpra ([I]née [/I][/B][I][B]Oprah[/B][/I][B]) Commander of the Juiced Up Dog Rooter[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=3][B] Bomantankz[/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?518497-Are-you-ready-to-be-sectioned"][I]Are you ready to be sectioned?[/I][/URL][/SIZE]
    ------------------------
    [URL="http://www.dd-asylum.info"][COLOR=#ffa500]www.dd-asylum.info[/COLOR][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by BadEwok View Post
    i think the best solution (besides the people who combat log every single time figuring out its not that big of a deal if you die) is to make logging off interrupt-able, or increasing the amount of time it takes to log off in the moors if you are not inside grams/gv.
    But what if I don't feel like running all the way to grams I don't want to have to wait 25 seconds to log out...and sometimes the log out trolls me and once it gets to 0 it just goes away and I'm still standing there .-.

Ask pat how to burn down 50k+ in under 10 seconds and you'll be just fine!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Another successful combat log. Just thought y'all should know!
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Swordsman View Post
    Another successful combat log. Just thought y'all should know!
    If you successfully combat log someone, are you still a baddie?
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    If you successfully combat log someone, are you still a baddie?
    Not if said someone is Bo
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

but still combatlog is a hard skill to learn.
    cant hit escape fast enough on my ba to exit game before airen zergs me
    qq
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ