We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best way to access Inn of the Forsaken instance?

Hello, everyone.

I'm running the content in order and, having just finished Bree-Land, the Shire, and Ered Luin, I've finally moved on to the Lone-Lands, where I've run into the Inn of the Forsaken locked quest/instance. Which of the following things will allow me to run it and, if both apply, which is the best (if there's a third, better method, info on it is also appreciated):

1) Subscribing (I'm thinking 3-months);

2) Buying the expansion Triple-Pack on Steam (Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard) - for those without Steam, it's 27.99€.

When deciding on the "better" method, please keep in mind that I'm (obviously) intending to run the rest of the game's content as well, but, it seems, the expansions can also be bought with TP (I don't have the patience to run multiple alts, but I DO intend to do all the available deeds).

Thanks for everyone's time.

EDIT after reading some replies:

It appears I'm going with the TP purchase - 195 TPs out of my current stock of 745. Money expenditure delayed, yay.

Concerning the quad-pack:
    It seems to be 35.99€ - because, even though this is the 21st century and we're paying for stuff with money that isn't an actual thing, moneychanging fees are still applied. So fun.

Even then, it still seems to be a better choice than Steam's Triple Pack when I get to that part - strangely enough, Riders of Rohan doesn't seem to be available on Steam in any shape or form, which is odd, seeing as they DO have Helm's Deep, which came afterwards.

As a bonus question (yay, bonus), does anyone know if the expansion packs include the skirmishes, or will I have to buy those individually as well?

I'm already a Premium since I took advantage of the free sub over Christmas.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.
    Last edited by J_Bento; Feb 26 2014 at 05:10 PM.

1. Subscribing only gives you access for duration of subscriping time.

2. Expansion triple pack dosen't give you access to Inn of the Forsaken instance. Buying Expansion Quad Pack from the Lotro-Market (https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-packs/) might be beter choice as it is 39,99$, but that is only around 29 € so only few euros more that Steam's triple pack.

3. You can buy access in the instances area of the shop. If I remember right it is something like 300-500 TP or maybe even cheaper. I used this option.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Bento View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I'm running the content in order and, having just finished Bree-Land, the Shire, and Ered Luin, I've finally moved on to the Lone-Lands, where I've run into the Inn of the Forsaken locked quest/instance. Which of the following things will allow me to run it and, if both apply, which is the best (if there's a third, better method, info on it is also appreciated):

1) Subscribing (I'm thinking 3-months);

2) Buying the expansion Triple-Pack on Steam (Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard) - for those without Steam, it's 27.99€.

When deciding on the "better" method, please keep in mind that I'm (obviously) intending to run the rest of the game's content as well, but, it seems, the expansions can also be bought with TP (I don't have the patience to run multiple alts, but I DO intend to do all the available deeds).

Thanks for everyone's time.

There are two ways of getting access to the Inn of the Forsaken instance (as well as the Halls of Night instance).
    1) Being VIP
    2) Buying the instance with TP in the store (I think the price is 195 TP, but I am not sure about that).

It is not included in any expansion or questpack purchase.

Which method is best is for you to decide. Note that if you subscribe you will only be able to access the instance while your subscription lasts, but if you buy it with TP you will keep access to it even if you drop the subscription. (A one-time subscription is a good idea for other reasons though, since it will unlock a ton of stuff on those characters you log into while VIP. Search other threads for details.)

And don't forget Inn of the Forsaken is an instance mainly with puzzles and you need other people for the Challenge (different classes)

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    2) Buying the instance with TP in the store (I think the price is 195 TP, but I am not sure about that).
    It cost 195 TP when I bought it earlier this month
    ;) [COLOR="#9999ff"]“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb[/COLOR]

I just did IotF t2c this morning at 95, it was fun, interesting, and is simply the most complicated 3-man in lotro, its wonderful. It also has a super neat avatar moving water mechanic that was never implemented in the rest of LOTRO anywhere. Which is sad, because it's the coolest
    Last edited by Leixy; Feb 26 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon