We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game closes after "getting in line" message

It has been about a month since I logged in. I have been able to update the game and was able to accept the 2 updates to TOS. However, when I actually go to log in, I get the "Getting in line" message, a busy cursor as if the game were launching, and then nothing happens. I show no Turbine-related processes in the task manager and I have added the 3 relevant files to my firewall as well as turning off malwarebytes to see if it was the issue. Any suggestions?
    [COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Arial Black]A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress![/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by revoked View Post
    It has been about a month since I logged in. I have been able to update the game and was able to accept the 2 updates to TOS. However, when I actually go to log in, I get the "Getting in line" message, a busy cursor as if the game were launching, and then nothing happens. I show no Turbine-related processes in the task manager and I have added the 3 relevant files to my firewall as well as turning off malwarebytes to see if it was the issue. Any suggestions?
    The game is currently down for maintenance, please see this Turbine Post

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...59#post6948259

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the issue. All worlds are showing as up, but when I choose a world and try to log in, the game just shuts down. I briefly see what looks like a command prompt window (though I don't see any command prompt). The event viewer shows Error 1000, application fault, faulting application TurbineLauncher.exe. More details:

Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00007b79
    Faulting process id: 0x6f8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cec433c3cb42be
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineLauncher.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\patchclient.DLL
    [COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Arial Black]A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress![/FONT][/COLOR]

Did you solve it?
    I got the same problem since today. Didn't play for a week on my laptop and suddenly it doesn't work anymore. Reinstall didn't change anything either.
    My desktop PC runs it just fine on Windows XP. Maybe it's an issue with Windows 8 and the new patch?

Edit: Fixed it with a system restore. Don't know what was wrong.
    Last edited by dwarfThar; Oct 12 2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

I haven't fixed it...and I am not sure a system restore is ideal since I am not sure when my last system point is set or what else I may lose...

Anyone else with ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by revoked View Post
    I haven't fixed it...and I am not sure a system restore is ideal since I am not sure when my last system point is set or what else I may lose...

Anyone else with ideas?
    Please I have the same problem since today. Yesterday everything worked fine.
    I am searching for a cure for some hours now and all threads about that are one Post Threds without solution, it is ridiculous. Someone please have a Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Threldir View Post
    Please I have the same problem since today. Yesterday everything worked fine.
    I am searching for a cure for some hours now and all threads about that are one Post Threds without solution, it is ridiculous. Someone please have a Solution?
    Delete your UserPreferences file from documents and the game will load

Quote Originally Posted by Valcora View Post
    Delete your UserPreferences file from documents and the game will load
    It worked! Thank you!!