We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: kin vs tribe

kin vs tribe

Hey guys any Tribes interested in organized 12 v 12 or 6 v 6 battles

I think it’s a positive way to show kin/tribe pride and a lot of fun and some healthy competition and alittle smack talk

Rules

1. both leaders would been vent, Teamspeak etc
    2. kin /tribe only ..I would consider maybe 2 outsiders if both leaders agree just to fill spots
    3. any outside interference void competition
    4. balanced groups 2 of each class or as long as both sides are close to balanced
    5. no macro or exploiting skills
    6. I would like volunteers from both sides to insure no zergs or warg/burg interference
    7. And everyone would agree to being video/picture and posting fourms

Please message me if any tribes are interested or kin wants to get in if it
      Goes well and I get a good response I could make up some brackets and really have a lot of fun with it

Good luck. Similar ideas have been put forward in the past, but met with a good bit of resistance. Maybe times have changed.

Y'all going to fight somewhere like the old river op? Might be a little unfair to have good action in high traffic areas and not expect others to join in.

Agreed, good luck with that.

I'm not sure there are any tribes that have enough active members or member numbers with high enough rank to make the fights competitive.

Not that it's a bad idea, I just think it will be tough to get it done.

I'm sure GS would be in...

Elkhunter welcome to Landroval.

This was tried many times and has

A. Failed from the get go.

B. Got Ganked before the fights could be put together.

C. Ganked while the fights were on.

We had a 6v6 thing that happened once it was fun but it never caught on.

This game is not conducive to this sort of fighting.

Again good luck but a good judgement on how this will turn out is look at the movie that they tried to make in the Ettenmoors.

It got "GANKED" into oblivion.

Unless I am mistaken thier are only a handful of tribes that could field such a fight and by my judgement alone none of them would be interested.

If I can suggest 2 that might be interested it would ve Attrocity and that tribe Nymerica is in.

My 2 cents.

On that note where and when do I sign up for this is sounds like a ton of fun.

We will, we will bite you!

If this is taken off the beaten track it may work out, if it is at GTA it will be raided again and again.

And Ugly is right, Even a movie that was being done out of the way and for fun featuring both sides was interrupted and destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaster1 View Post
    Elkhunter welcome to Landroval.

This game is not conducive to this sort of fighting.
    Agreed with everything you said other than this. Should be changed to The PLAYERS in this game make it not conducive to this sort of fighting.

Also, the tribe I'm in would be lucky to field a 3 man squad so we would more than likely have to pull up BT, Ugly and Necksnappers from the developmental leagues :P

Lastly, if something like this arranged 6v6 were to happen I would recommend keeping it between just the players involved and not broadcasting it. Ive been in a few organized group fights that went off without a hitch because 1) the only people that knew it was going on were the people involved and, even then, some people were kept in the dark until just before the fight started and 2) it was at Old Plains OP and out of the way.

Best of luck and I hope some fights happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainatura View Post
    it was at Old Plains OP and out of the way.
    Yeah, that's the one I meant. Seems like it would be the prime spot for something like this. Might be handy to have a rez class sitting out nearby to come in and rez after a round, as it's a bit of a ride from GV and isn't very convenient to any map-in.

Quote Originally Posted by borges_maze View Post
    Yeah, that's the one I meant. Seems like it would be the prime spot for something like this. Might be handy to have a rez class sitting out nearby to come in and rez after a round, as it's a bit of a ride from GV and isn't very convenient to any map-in.
    Old Plains outpost would be the best spot for to try something of this sort. That is the area Warginator used to hold sparring matches some years back. If you cannot find a tribe that has the members to do something like this, you may be able to find folks from different tribes to take part. But you may want to allow the creep side more than 12. Freep damage and healing is over the top with cappies, minis, LM's and rune'keepers all able to heal. Add in the bubbles and it skews the balance badly.

Im a pretty big fan of 6-12 man grps, so maybe I can talk to a few peeps tonight and see if there down for some good even number fighting.

P.S forgot to say I see GS do this a lot and def like fighting them with even numbers...so big props!

Thanks for the feed back! I have a lot of good response so far already in game
    couple of adjustments
    I would not make it public once I get names and interest peeps and set time I would put it together ...there is lots of places where we could fight and announcement time will be kept secret
    as far as creeps and tribes could just make it like a one time team name or something like all star group or whatever
    I will be logging into creep side all week getting feed back from creeps names and times an will shoot for next week for completion and set up
    I participated/help set up events like this on m old server and had success

I hope the creep leaders will help me as well ..

-_- pouncy I see u........pew pew pew pew pew pew pew muahh

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter76 View Post
    Thanks for the feed back! I have a lot of good response so far already in game
    couple of adjustments
    I would not make it public once I get names and interest peeps and set time I would put it together ...there is lots of places where we could fight and announcement time will be kept secret
    as far as creeps and tribes could just make it like a one time team name or something like all star group or whatever
    I will be logging into creep side all week getting feed back from creeps names and times an will shoot for next week for completion and set up
    I participated/help set up events like this on m old server and had success

I hope the creep leaders will help me as well ..

-_- pouncy I see u........pew pew pew pew pew pew pew muahh
    "Pulls arrows out of hiney"

Hipz, hipz!

my movie will make u famous!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIR-dog View Post
    We will, we will bite you!

If this is taken off the beaten track it may work out, if it is at GTA it will be raided again and again.

And Ugly is right, Even a movie that was being done out of the way and for fun featuring both sides was interrupted and destroyed.

Black Death could do this but the sad thing would be the yellow line captains.
    and fighting freeps that wont die is not fun.

I am gathering a pattern. Let me get this straight...
    No cappies, mini's, LM's, or RK's. Give creeps the larger numbers.
    And put them up against BT, Necks, Nymerica, And Ugly

So you don't wanna pvp, or you do?

You might ask that good guards and burgs not come as well.
    People like Leng and Alsander tip the scale way too much.

Let BT run a 6 creep vs 6 freep and the fights would be a blast.

GS members can fill a 6 or 12 man, so we are game.
    Ill go BLUE LINE!!!!! Yyeeeeaaahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lola's View Post
    I am gathering a pattern. Let me get this straight...
    No cappies, mini's, LM's, or RK's. Give creeps the larger numbers.
    And put them up against BT, Necks, Nymerica, And Ugly

So you don't wanna pvp, or you do?

You might ask that good guards and burgs not come as well.
    People like Leng and Alsander tip the scale way too much.

Let BT run a 6 creep vs 6 freep and the fights would be a blast.

GS members can fill a 6 or 12 man, so we are game.
    Ill go BLUE LINE!!!!! Yyeeeeaaahhhh

Where did you get the impression that anyone said no Cappies, LM's or Minis? Is this something you just assumed from me saying they are a bit on the OP side? Try reading what I said instead of trying to read into what I said. If you, in the wildest corners of your mind do not think these classes have a huge advantage in the moors, then you are living in a dream world. Come out and fight an orange line cappy. Face a screaming mini who despite wearing cloth armor is hard to hurt because of its own or cappy bubbles. And if you do make headway on the mini, watch it flop. RK's have a stun they can, and do spam over and over. None of this makes for a fun fight other than for those fighting on freepside.

Numbers do not have to be tilted too much in creep favor to even the odds a bit. Three over freep numbers with even outposts makes the fight a bit more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GIR-dog View Post
    Come out and fight an orange line cappy.
    You mean yellow line cappy or a yellow/red traited cappy? If the latter, I sorta like the term and am going to steal it.

But yeah, yellow cappies need to be toned down but probably won't be because of the faceroll Turbine apparently wants PvE to be. When you come across one who's running yellow while solo, just remember the pet needs to die ASAP and needs to keep dying each time it's summoned. As a side effect, this creates an advantage for red line soloers because most creeps can't tell which line we're in, so while y'all are unnecessarily smacking our herald, we're smacking you.

Quote Originally Posted by borges_maze View Post
    You mean yellow line cappy or a yellow/red traited cappy? If the latter, I sorta like the term and am going to steal it.

But yeah, yellow cappies need to be toned down but probably won't be because of the faceroll Turbine apparently wants PvE to be. When you come across one who's running yellow while solo, just remember the pet needs to die ASAP and needs to keep dying each time it's summoned. As a side effect, this creates an advantage for red line soloers because most creeps can't tell which line we're in, so while y'all are unnecessarily smacking our herald, we're smacking you.

hahaha Wargs are color blind!!!
    And just think, i play a cappy. Poor Aedon, it is no wonder he is so confused.
    Last edited by GIR-dog; Feb 26 2014 at 09:20 PM.

Yeah, Nymerica is right, the tribe we're in is not that active, hence I doubt we'll be able to put in field that many creeps. However, if anyone needs an additional warg, just holler.

I am getting an awesome response from both sides I should have all matches set by Sunday hopefully
    I am getting a lot of request to put the best of the best 24 vs 24 if all goes well in 6v
    I ill put it together

right now I need peeps to put there teams together so we can rock this!

I will be on creeps side tonight gathering more info