We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Is it possible to move a character to another account?

Hi

I have tried looking through various posts and the ingame shop etc, but I can only find info on moving a character to another world, but is it possible to move a character from one account (vip) to another (f2p)?
    My dd has been playing a character on my account, to try it out and she really loves the game now, saving all her pocket-money for the stuff she wants to buy for her characters. She has a f2p account and I would really like to move the one character she has put a lot of time into (on my account) over to her own account.

Is that possible?

Best regards

No. Characters are bound to the account they were created on. Also, Turbine views all of the characters on your account as yours, as they do not allow account-sharing (it's a perma-ban ToS violation).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Ok, thank you I'll have her create one on her own account then.

yes and no

im sure it can 100% be done, but turbine will not allow to deter real world trading however im sure that if there next update doesnt im press and sort out alot of in game problems then im sure they may implement to pick up some more money on a dying game.

Quote Originally Posted by xxBURGLARxx View Post
    yes and no

im sure it can 100% be done, but turbine will not allow to deter real world trading
    Turbine has stated right from the beginning, and has always maintained, that they do not have the tools in place to do this. Their account system was never set up with the ability to transfer characters between accounts. There is a very long running thread (started Jan 2008 and last posted to last year) about this. Even if Turbine could come up with a working tool, they would have only allowed characters to be transferred to a new account and not an existing one.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

They will not implement this as it would cause technical and support problems if chars are transferred from an account with VIP-perks / account-wide unlocks to a F2P account. The cost to implement and support such a feature would outweigh the little income it might generate.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more