We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo

I wanted to take a moment, a very sad moment, to say goodbye to gladden, goodbye to all of my friends and enemies, and also to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making my stay here memorable.

This decision was a very difficult one for me; one I mulled over and pondered for some time now. But as with all things, my time on this server has come to an end.

This is what has kept me coming back......

OOC Furface: 'Al, I seriously think Daven and I will remember you forever. You will be in our conversations during our twilight years.'

That had a profound effect on me, and made me feel like maybe my time hadn't been wasted on a silly video game.

As with Furs' sentiment, I shall remember most of you, some more than others, and the epicness we created, until memory becomes a fading thought.

There are other sentiments that have kept me going over the years.....things like.....

'OOC Spiderbyte: 'althorr just joined them so that is like getting 5 more''

glff Ohcomeon: 'althorr outnumbers a server-full of creeps'

OOC Furface: 'Moors: The Experience, Chapter 13: Althorr Antics'

Even things like this.....

OOC Reported: 'Thanks for the help ganking althorr, folks'

or.....

Viceras tells you, 'I take full responsibility for my part in our fight and apologize for giving you a hard time. To be honest youre probably the best hunter out here. at least top 3.'

I was going to put up a list of names, all my peeps, but so many don't play, and so many i'd proly forget, and I don't want to omit ANYONE. So this is for everyone. All of you.

The road I've traveled has been long, and fraught with dangers and perils, victories and defeats........and i've loved most every minute of it.

All the highs and lows, the battles, the rivalries, the love affairs.

I hold affection in my heart for all of you, bar none, and I wish you all the best in whatever life brings you.

My words are heartfelt and sincere. Troll or flame if you feel you must.......I won't respond in kind.

I'm not quitting though.....just hoppin' over to Brandy. My play time is more limited now, my interest is waning, and I simply need more action to justify continually logging in.

Soooo....if you still want a piece of me, put in your xfer and come get some!!!!

I'll be solo, stealthed up somewhere, waiting to receive you with open arms

To Gladden, my friends, in parting...........

“Still round the corner there may wait
    A new road or a secret gate
    And though I oft have passed them by
    A day will come at last when I
    Shall take the hidden paths that run
    West of the Moon, East of the Sun.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

“I sit beside the fire and think
    Of all that I have seen
    Of meadow flowers and butterflies
    In summers that have been

Of yellow leaves and gossamer
    In autumns that there were
    With morning mist and silver sun
    And wind upon my hair

I sit beside the fire and think
    Of how the world will be
    When winter comes without a spring
    That I shall ever see

For still there are so many things
    That I have never seen
    In every wood in every spring
    There is a different green

I sit beside the fire and think
    Of people long ago
    And people that will see a world
    That I shall never know

But all the while I sit and think
    Of times there were before
    I listen for returning feet
    And voices at the door”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

And one I made my own..........

I shall go on to the end......

I shall fight in Hithlad, I shall fight in Hoarhollow and Grothum, I shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength of arms, I shall defend our Moors, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the Steps Of Gram, I shall fight in the Coldfells, I shall fight in the fields and in the keeps, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender!!!

Besides, creeps need killin'.

Tenn’ enomentielva......

Peace and Love........

Al
    Last edited by Intolerance; Feb 23 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Take care man, and best of luck over on Brandy.

I look forward to knismesis between my reaver and your hunter, my bathykolpian friend.

Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Take care man, many things have been said, but nobody can deny your talents and skills.

I thought you were saying good-bye to the game. Some of Gladden has ventured to Brandy already, so it's not really good-bye. I don't play much any more, but I do miss the all the big egos that have left Gladden. Now that a another is leaving, Gladden is becoming more extinct. Nothing replaces 5 years ago when this server really stood out in drama and was "home". Cya around, maybe! I hope Brandy brings forth many more months of role playing as a bane of creeps. /giggle

Hey man, hate to see ya go! But it seems the grass is greener @ Brandywine. I probably talked to you more through your freever than on freep side lol. But I always thought this guy knows how to play his hunter! Very hard to get good position on ya man, and you seem to have a good knack for knowing where to hide in some odd place where I would be wandering through picking up logs or whatever lol. Safe travels and happy hunting over on the new home man. Get to da Choppa!

Thank you for everything you've taught me, you'll always be No. 1.
    Have fun on Brandy and show them how it's done!

"The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem.
    You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart.
    What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have
    stayed there in peace. War will make corpses of us all."
    -- J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

So long, my elf nemesis. You'll be back, I'll be there... waiting.

Good bye Althorr

I'm glad you're not quitting though. I don't think Turbine could handle another round of layoffs.

All joking aside, Gladden pvmp will miss you. Although Brandywine will host your pvmp now, in the revolving door that ends up being Brandywine, I don't know if you will find your own place there to justify playing just for the sake of pvp these days. I used to play on Brandywine. I think it was my first server. I recommend Landroval as there is a good history there and maybe you will find a better fit there, maybe more like Gladden but with more people that you will eventually get to know (because they will stay there). I believe they are the 2nd most populated server still, and for all intents and purposes from what I remember playing they have plenty of action. It's worth checking out if you're considering a transfer to Brandy to see if it has enough action during your particular playing time, however. Brandywine is the first server for most people and as such, the first server they will leave for other servers, be it Landroval or smaller community oriented servers like Gladden. On Gladden, you will be remembered and maybe it's not a good bye, just a farewell. You never know what the future holds. We're like the Cheers bar here, everyone knows everyone and like the Cheers bar, you can always come back because you'll always be one of the gang.

Farewell Althorr and keep your chin up.

Maybe you can keep playing a creep here, perhaps a secret one, until inevitably someone figures it out two days later.

Aroshi

Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    Take care man, and best of luck over on Brandy.
    Thanks Pause!! Been fun playing being kinfolk and gaming with you!! I'll always have you quoted in my bio

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    I look forward to knismesis between my reaver and your hunter, my bathykolpian friend.
    Swift, haven't you heard? Reavs are op. Lol...but yeah, see you over there. If I don't find whole raids tryin to chase lil' ol' me down, maybe i'll actually be able to trait dps and stand a chance :/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Take care man, many things have been said, but nobody can deny your talents and skills.
    Thank you, and see ya Ting!! We've had some awesome solo fights, and many more brushes.......has always been fun! You were always a worthy adversary, on the boards and in the field, and we also share Norwegian heritage!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I thought you were saying good-bye to the game. Some of Gladden has ventured to Brandy already, so it's not really good-bye. I don't play much any more, but I do miss the all the big egos that have left Gladden. Now that a another is leaving, Gladden is becoming more extinct. Nothing replaces 5 years ago when this server really stood out in drama and was "home". Cya around, maybe! I hope Brandy brings forth many more months of role playing as a bane of creeps. /giggle
    Nah still here, just want more action. We'll see. Also ESO is around the bend so we'll see about that also. Hey!! Leggo my ego!! Lol!! Yes Clown, I too miss peeps and times gone by. I will throw down this gauntlet though to all my former friends and enemies.......

Gimme one reason to stay here...and i'll turn right back around.

Really. Re-sub, or go FTP, dust off some old toons, come to the moors, bring the fight, every night, and i'll be back in a quick second.

If not...i shall become the bane of Brandy creeps

Quote Originally Posted by howieman2 View Post
    Hey man, hate to see ya go! But it seems the grass is greener @ Brandywine. I probably talked to you more through your freever than on freep side lol. But I always thought this guy knows how to play his hunter! Very hard to get good position on ya man, and you seem to have a good knack for knowing where to hide in some odd place where I would be wandering through picking up logs or whatever lol. Safe travels and happy hunting over on the new home man. Get to da Choppa!
    "I try my best...to be just like I am.....but everybody wants you....to be just like them...... I ain't gonna work on Maggies farm no more."

Kinda always been my philosophy on playing my hunter....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....but i've always had fun and I hope playing against me has been fun as well!

See ya Billi
    Last edited by Intolerance; Mar 02 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    Thank you for everything you've taught me, you'll always be No. 1.
    Have fun on Brandy and show them how it's done!
    You're welcome my friend...and thank you as well for giving me just a taste of culture!!

Love to come visit someday......and the Priest...yes!!

You're there though Mu.....just keep doin' what you're doin and the creeps shall weep!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokili View Post
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem.
    You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart.
    What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have
    stayed there in peace. War will make corpses of us all."
    -- J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

So long, my elf nemesis. You'll be back, I'll be there... waiting.
    Hag!!! Soooo many good solo fights!!

I'll always remember that battle, on, and falling off, the rocks on the ramp up to Ost. Was on my horse enjoying the view...you pounced...we battled.....we fell......we battled....we fell again........

"Long I fell, and he fell with me. His fire was about me. I was burned......then all was dark......cold it was....almost it froze my heart.......Thither we came at last...to the utter foundations. He was with me still. We fought...where time is not counted.....ever he clutched me...and ever I hewed him....till at last he fled..."

Was epic.

FYI peeps....Hag is one of the best solo wargs out there....tread carefully!!

Cya my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Ental View Post
    Good bye Althorr

I'm glad you're not quitting though. I don't think Turbine could handle another round of layoffs.

All joking aside, Gladden pvmp will miss you. Although Brandywine will host your pvmp now, in the revolving door that ends up being Brandywine, I don't know if you will find your own place there to justify playing just for the sake of pvp these days. I used to play on Brandywine. I think it was my first server. I recommend Landroval as there is a good history there and maybe you will find a better fit there, maybe more like Gladden but with more people that you will eventually get to know (because they will stay there). I believe they are the 2nd most populated server still, and for all intents and purposes from what I remember playing they have plenty of action. It's worth checking out if you're considering a transfer to Brandy to see if it has enough action during your particular playing time, however. Brandywine is the first server for most people and as such, the first server they will leave for other servers, be it Landroval or smaller community oriented servers like Gladden. On Gladden, you will be remembered and maybe it's not a good bye, just a farewell. You never know what the future holds. We're like the Cheers bar here, everyone knows everyone and like the Cheers bar, you can always come back because you'll always be one of the gang.

Farewell Althorr and keep your chin up.

Maybe you can keep playing a creep here, perhaps a secret one, until inevitably someone figures it out two days later.

Aroshi
    Thank you for the thoughts and words Aro......Gladden will always be home to me and I'm already feeling sentimental about leaving, so who knows what my future, and those of creeps on either server, hold?

Take heart! My freav isn't going anywhere so we can still always have some nice fire-side chats
    Again with these boards though.......so many voyeurs, but not many want to say hi or bye..........

Thought I made more friends and enemies than that.

Talk to me peeps......
    Last edited by Intolerance; Mar 02 2014 at 04:34 PM.

I just decided to read this, a shame to see you're not gonna be on Gladden anymore, Alth. Just when I was starting to like ya .

But yeah tho, I remember we werent on the best of terms when we first met, but then I got to know you, and we are fairly similar.

Have fun owning noobs on Brandy, Mr. Jon Pitt. Congrats on the Oscar btw !

Since you were a transfer originally though, I hope you had fun on Gladden for your time here, and I hope I was a big part of that haha. I for one could never leave Gladden, even through all the bs and turmoil this server/game seems to be now, it will always be my home, so much history that has been inscribed here by the scars that are still laden from many an ancient battle. I miss our fights against and fights allied.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Mar 03 2014 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intolerance View Post
    FYI peeps....Hag is one of the best solo wargs out there....tread carefully!!
    Yes, pre update 12 there was a saying: If you, on your hunter, survive solo after being pounced by Hagzu, you can call yourself a good hunter.

Althorr, Sad to see you leave. Looking forward to seeing you come back. I will continue to howl and mourn your absence until that time....

Take care man.