We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo

I wanted to take a moment, a very sad moment, to say goodbye to gladden, goodbye to all of my friends and enemies, and also to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making my stay here memorable.

This decision was a very difficult one for me; one I mulled over and pondered for some time now. But as with all things, my time on this server has come to an end.

This is what has kept me coming back......

OOC Furface: 'Al, I seriously think Daven and I will remember you forever. You will be in our conversations during our twilight years.'

That had a profound effect on me, and made me feel like maybe my time hadn't been wasted on a silly video game.

As with Furs' sentiment, I shall remember most of you, some more than others, and the epicness we created, until memory becomes a fading thought.

There are other sentiments that have kept me going over the years.....things like.....

'OOC Spiderbyte: 'althorr just joined them so that is like getting 5 more''

glff Ohcomeon: 'althorr outnumbers a server-full of creeps'

OOC Furface: 'Moors: The Experience, Chapter 13: Althorr Antics'

Even things like this.....

OOC Reported: 'Thanks for the help ganking althorr, folks'

or.....

Viceras tells you, 'I take full responsibility for my part in our fight and apologize for giving you a hard time. To be honest youre probably the best hunter out here. at least top 3.'

I was going to put up a list of names, all my peeps, but so many don't play, and so many i'd proly forget, and I don't want to omit ANYONE. So this is for everyone. All of you.

The road I've traveled has been long, and fraught with dangers and perils, victories and defeats........and i've loved most every minute of it.

All the highs and lows, the battles, the rivalries, the love affairs.

I hold affection in my heart for all of you, bar none, and I wish you all the best in whatever life brings you.

My words are heartfelt and sincere. Troll or flame if you feel you must.......I won't respond in kind.

I'm not quitting though.....just hoppin' over to Brandy. My play time is more limited now, my interest is waning, and I simply need more action to justify continually logging in.

Soooo....if you still want a piece of me, put in your xfer and come get some!!!!

I'll be solo, stealthed up somewhere, waiting to receive you with open arms

To Gladden, my friends, in parting...........

“Still round the corner there may wait
    A new road or a secret gate
    And though I oft have passed them by
    A day will come at last when I
    Shall take the hidden paths that run
    West of the Moon, East of the Sun.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

“I sit beside the fire and think
    Of all that I have seen
    Of meadow flowers and butterflies
    In summers that have been

Of yellow leaves and gossamer
    In autumns that there were
    With morning mist and silver sun
    And wind upon my hair

I sit beside the fire and think
    Of how the world will be
    When winter comes without a spring
    That I shall ever see

For still there are so many things
    That I have never seen
    In every wood in every spring
    There is a different green

I sit beside the fire and think
    Of people long ago
    And people that will see a world
    That I shall never know

But all the while I sit and think
    Of times there were before
    I listen for returning feet
    And voices at the door”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

And one I made my own..........

I shall go on to the end......

I shall fight in Hithlad, I shall fight in Hoarhollow and Grothum, I shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength of arms, I shall defend our Moors, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the Steps Of Gram, I shall fight in the Coldfells, I shall fight in the fields and in the keeps, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender!!!

Besides, creeps need killin'.

Tenn’ enomentielva......

Peace and Love........

Al
    Last edited by Intolerance; Feb 23 2014 at 07:03 PM.